jeez so many questions *spoilers

Nogarath

jeez so many questions *spoilers

Post by Nogarath »

just a bit unclear of a few things going on in quantum

why are their a bunch of characters that look like past .hack characters just running through the world and whatnot?
for instance there's a khun, the shino/atoli harvest cleric, iyoten and asta are actually back, and ect.. i thought it was a bit odd even for the main 3 characters to have PCs similar to kite, blackrose, and somewhat balmung.

and it looks like shamrock is PI! i thought that was cool, an old character comin back. but im guessing smith isnt a .hacker from previous media. but who is he? like i dont remember pi being rich enough to have a servant in the real world.

also, who else thinks its weird that sakuya's last name is AIDA? i think the writers have some sort of symbolism going on here, or foreshadowing.
ART1984

Re: jeez so many questions *spoilers

Post by ART1984 »

You have to remember that character selection in "The World" is based on specific character model type...like Sakuya mentioned in Episode 2 "oh, you got a Blackrose type!"....why wouldn't CC Corp try to save money when it's housing coma victims as well in their own privately owned hospitals?

Our main characters have the models of past legends in "The World"...this is a new version, so of course that the fact that they put in a Kite, Blackrose, and Balmung style avatar...three very popular figures from the past versions...is meant to draw attention to the older players and keep them coming back for more. It's business sense. As for Hermit, he's a very interesting character. He may or may not be an AI, though I don't want to say too much. As for why he has what is essentially a chibi version of Mia's character, who knows? His weapon (a stick) is hacked, so I'm guessing he found the model and decided what the heck and used it. It's a cute player character.*.*

We didn't know all that much about Pi's background outside "The World" other than she's Jun Banshoya's sister and an administrator of "The World" that took place during the AIDA incident in 2017. Besides, things can change in five years time...she could've gotten a better job, upscaled her life a bit, and got some honey-honeys. Hehe.

Sakuya's last name being AIDA is just another homage I believe...just like they named AIDA after one of the contributors of the .hack series for G.U...thank The World for catchy last names.
Nogarath

Re: jeez so many questions *spoilers

Post by Nogarath »

many thanks! the story seems quite confusing so far. I suppose its something better if you played link beforehand. Like the world r:x is to damn similar to the first world. Like I know enough about everything that happened before hand in the time line up til 2017. I'm completely lost to know what cc corps been doing, what happened to the old characters. Like I know when g.u. came only few of the characters started playing again, and theothers.. well I'm sure moved on. I suppose all the info would be slowly distributed amungst playing link, the ocntinuation of the ova, and perhaps even another anime or movie or manga. That's another thing I seem to be behind on. I read the first 2 chapters of link and said wtf.... very lost as to how tokio saw kite and all. that was about a year ago maybe longer. But jeez I wish I could find something on that.

I seem to have rambled on again