Sakuya and Hermit--allusion to Tsukasa and Macha/Elk and Mia

A.R.T

Sakuya and Hermit--allusion to Tsukasa and Macha/Elk and Mia

Post by A.R.T »

In a certain picture (I saw it in one of the threads),you can see all the characters running...and the cute lil' ole Hermit is hugging one of Sakuya's long blue ponytails. Seeing her offline persona, she's like the anti-existence of Tsukasa...ie, instead of depressed she's happy go lucky. You think Hermit is hanging around Sakuya rather than the others because of past emotions (assuming she's another Macha incarnation) from others she's associated with ie Tsukasa, Kite, and Elk? The two look like they might a good character chemistry going (Sakuya's "I can't help but pick it up!" and Hermit's apparent mischievous nature. I can see Hermit seeing on top of her head and saying "look shiny!" and Sakuya goes for it). What do you think? Think it's time we had another "Tsukasa/Macha or Elk/Mia" relationship going on in .hack again?

Ie-I hope Hermit plays a practical joke on that Piros looking dude as a tribute to the antics Mia played on Piros in R:1. That bit in LINK where Mia leaves one last "gift" for Piros was awesome.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: Sakuya and Hermit--allusion to Tsukasa and Macha/Elk and

Post by Kuukai »

Sakuya impulsively picked up something it turns out Hermit is looking for. That's probably their connection.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

A.R.T wrote:In a certain picture (I saw it in one of the threads),you can see all the characters running...and the cute lil' ole Hermit is hugging one of Sakuya's long blue ponytails. Seeing her offline persona, she's like the anti-existence of Tsukasa...ie, instead of depressed she's happy go lucky. You think Hermit is hanging around Sakuya rather than the others because of past emotions (assuming she's another Macha incarnation) from others she's associated with ie Tsukasa, Kite, and Elk? The two look like they might a good character chemistry going (Sakuya's "I can't help but pick it up!" and Hermit's apparent mischievous nature. I can see Hermit seeing on top of her head and saying "look shiny!" and Sakuya goes for it). What do you think? Think it's time we had another "Tsukasa/Macha or Elk/Mia" relationship going on in .hack again?

Ie-I hope Hermit plays a practical joke on that Piros looking dude as a tribute to the antics Mia played on Piros in R:1. That bit in LINK where Mia leaves one last "gift" for Piros was awesome.
Uh just how old would Tsukasa be at the time in quantum? Maybe she could be referenced in the OVA.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Kaori wrote:
A.R.T wrote:In a certain picture (I saw it in one of the threads),you can see all the characters running...and the cute lil' ole Hermit is hugging one of Sakuya's long blue ponytails. Seeing her offline persona, she's like the anti-existence of Tsukasa...ie, instead of depressed she's happy go lucky. You think Hermit is hanging around Sakuya rather than the others because of past emotions (assuming she's another Macha incarnation) from others she's associated with ie Tsukasa, Kite, and Elk? The two look like they might a good character chemistry going (Sakuya's "I can't help but pick it up!" and Hermit's apparent mischievous nature. I can see Hermit seeing on top of her head and saying "look shiny!" and Sakuya goes for it). What do you think? Think it's time we had another "Tsukasa/Macha or Elk/Mia" relationship going on in .hack again?

Uh just how old would Tsukasa be at the time in quantum? Maybe she could be referenced in the OVA.
We're talking 12 years after the events of //SIGN - so she'd be 28ish. Tsukasa was 15-16 ish during SIGN I think, maybe 17?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Yeah, give or take a year.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I think sakuya might be an allusion to AIDA due to aida being sakuya's real world name.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Kaori wrote:I think sakuya might be an allusion to AIDA due to aida being sakuya's real world name.
I realllllllly doubt it.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Kuukai wrote:
Kaori wrote:I think sakuya might be an allusion to AIDA due to aida being sakuya's real world name.
I realllllllly doubt it.
CC2 just lacks in being original in .hack. That's all.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:
Kuukai wrote:
I realllllllly doubt it.
CC2 just lacks in being original in .hack. That's all.
How would that be original? They've already had someone with a name similar to AIDA who was infected by AIDA but otherwise had nothing to do with them, as well as someone with a similar name who DID have something to do with them. They've covered every base already...
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I believe he was saying they can't think up an original name for the main character.

Either that or he was referring to exactly what you just did and saying they would do it again because they are unoriginal.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Kuukai wrote:They've already had someone with a name similar to AIDA who was infected by AIDA but otherwise had nothing to do with them, as well as someone with a similar name who DID have something to do with them.
I seem to have forgotten, unless Alkaid =~ AIDA, so who was the one with a similar name to AIDA who was infected by it but had nothing to do with it really? For the other one, i suppose you mean AIKA.

But yeah, i highly doubt that the fact her name is "Aida Asumi" is due to her being somehow related or involved with AIDA. After all, "Aida" is just a japanese female name, not any different from...i dont know, Aya or Kasumi or Chigusa or Akira or whatever (and "Aida" is also something that can be your partner in Germany...i think o-O). Maybe CC2 just chose that name randomly, or thought it was cool to use and didn't think of any relation at the moment, or chose it just to mess with the fans and make people would go all "Asumi...Aida? OMFGZ IT'S AIDA IT'S BACK!!!1!!!" while there's no relation at all, etc.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Uh, Aina? One letter off...

Actually it's her last name. Like Aihara, which means pretty much the same thing. Heck, Aida is even more of a real surname I think...

Yeah, exactly. If you roll a die and get "5" twice in a row that's just all the more proof that it's actually random.