Episode Names & Offline Persona

Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: Episode Names & Offline Persona

Post by Kuukai »

Where did the sketches come from?

Anyway, I don't see how that's that weird. Ender was also a ruthless high-ranking guild leader who was seemingly interested in playing the game, at least for some period of time. It makes the guild's name make plenty of sense, and just the fact that we see her in person tells us she's shifting gears from telling people to PK the protagonists. I wonder if this means Smith is Yata. Those two are like Team Rocket with all the disguises... Or it's possible Yata is one of the new Lost Ones. I find it really funny they tried to pass her off as "???" even though the url gave it away and that sketch even says "Ms. Reiko Saeki."

It makes it more likely that that's Pi talking to Serious Business Guy in the preview at the end of Link.

This probably also explains why the heroes are led to Tokyo.

Also the area from that one interesting screenshot is explained:

It's what most RPGs call a "Trick House." An area filled with traps and mechanisms. There's a warehouse, this is the power plant, and it connects to this steampunk planetarium that models the solar system:

Also, is it just me, or does Reiko look just a little like Asaba?
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...wait wait wait. Hold on a second. Shamrock is REIKO?

...this is an interesting development... kind of unexpected too... but if that's the case, then who the hell is Smith?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I've always kind of thought of Pi as sort of a "hidden" main character, up there with Haseo or Tsukasa in terms of how interesting her story is, but aside from the Terminal Disc she's never gotten her own saga told from her own perspective. We just get bits and pieces. It's hard to explain why I feel like that when there are so many other characters, the Terminal Disc is probably a huge part of it, also unlike Ovan or something she's not really a character who needs to remain mysterious at all. Anyway, I guess my point is consequently she has a lot of connections to other characters, so Smith could be anyone.

Here are a bunch of random possible theories, in descending order of likelihood:
-He's Yata
-He's Serious Business Guy
-He's Kuhn
-He's a new character
-He's Tawaraya
-He's Haseo
-He's Genius
-He's Kazumi
-He's a new character who is an AI/Bot
-He's an old character who is an AI
-He's Jun Banshoya as an AI
-He's Jun Banshoya
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...May I ask why Kuhn is third on your list?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Because Kuhn likes to talk. Unless you're saying he should be lower...
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Ehh, I don't know enough about Smith to make a comparison, but it just doesn't seem that likely to me. I was wondering about your logic is all. XD
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

An image didn't show up. About Yata Mirror, maybe as a guild the characters are all designed after someone the players want to be like or idolize. As for Smith potentially being Kuhn I find that cruel considering Bullman's what two feet next to him. Still I wasn't expecting Reiko to model her PC after Aina, at this point I don't what can happen... As for the sketches, they should be from CC2's conference room or the talk show with Sakuya's voice actor. My computer no longer runs media player so I can't tell.
-Aeon-

Post by -Aeon- »

Is Shamrock using...what I think she's using? o_o
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It makes sense, Pi's Epitaph PC belongs to her. She inserted it into R:2, maybe she could modify/move it.
-Aeon-

Post by -Aeon- »

Hold up. So epitaph PC data exists in R:X? Or, did Reiko use Pi's PC data and transferred it to her Shamrock character?
(Phantom) Thief

Probably both, with access to the Akashic Records, CC Corp could likely pull all the data they ever needed from the game. At the same time I don't think the original avatar data was destroyed at the end G.U. However since no one else seems to have one its probably the latter and she took it from her brother's PC/Pi.
-Aeon-

Post by -Aeon- »

I see. I did notice the avatar marking on her forehead, so that gave me the idea that she had the ability to Data Drain and such. Then again, this does raise a few eyebrows still.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Let me say this again: Jun took Tarvos out of the game in R:1. Pi clearly put it back in during R:2. If she could do that, she could probably move it to R:X.
-Aeon-

Post by -Aeon- »

But for what reason would she transfer it to R:X though? Unless she knew some sh*t was gonna go down from the start.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Same reason she's playing R:X. She was never a gamer. The game is her job.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:
maybe as a guild the characters are all designed after someone the players want to be like or idolize.
I suddenly want to see Haseo's character. Or maybe he is Atoli..
A.R.T

Post by A.R.T »

You notice that those posters with references to the phases are in numerical order? Hermit is an allusion to Macha, the sixth phase...Pi's Avatar shape was that of Tarvos, the Avenger...number 7...is number 8 (the unseen poster) next to it?
-Aeon-

Post by -Aeon- »

That's probably just a coincidence.
(Phantom) Thief

A.R.T wrote:You notice that those posters with references to the phases are in numerical order? Hermit is an allusion to Macha, the sixth phase...Pi's Avatar shape was that of Tarvos, the Avenger...number 7...is number 8 (the unseen poster) next to it?
Someone already mentioned. But I doubt it was an intentional allusion. As for the third poster no. It's just Mary in the background, she does appear in some sort of real life corruption on the second poster however that's as close a relation to any other phases we've gotten. There is a red person on the top of the second image.