Ovan is Smith.

A.R.T

Ovan is Smith.

Post by A.R.T »

Think about it...little Aina lookalike makes a group called "Yata Mirror"...probably is Aina but changed her name for this version. Her brother takes on the armor of Piros, leaving the past behind to dedicate his life to protecting Aina and watching over her. Plus, he has that Ovan chin...what do you think? Ovan always was a trickster...only he would let Aina ride on his shoulders.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: Ovan is Smith.

Post by Kuukai »

It's very unlikely, Shamrock is nothing like Aina. Shamrock offers money to people to PK players who mess up her guild missions.
Aru
OVANZILLA
OVANZILLA

Post by Aru »

Kuukai wrote:It's very unlikely
Thank god for that.

I don't see why Aina would come back looking like she did, but not Ovan. Especially if Ovan changed his character to drop the past, seeing as how Aina seems to be more the type of person to blame herself for what happened.
I also doubt Ovan would go for a character design that...gaudy. It appears out of his style.

And what is an Ovan-chin, anyway? Besides PURE SEX no I kid.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

"Die, Tokio, you don't belong in this world!"

"It was not by my hand that I was once again given flesh; I was called here by fanboys, who wish to pay ME tribute!"

"Tribute? You ruin franchises and make them like fanfics!"

"Perhaps the same could be said of all shonen heroes!"

"Your words are as empty as your ginger soul! Za Warudo ill needs a savior such as you!"
And what is an Ovan-chin, anyway?
A miserable little pile of gambits and plot twists! But enough talk, have at you!"
hidora

Post by hidora »

Aru wrote:I don't see why Aina would come back looking like she did, but not Ovan. Especially if Ovan changed his character to drop the past, seeing as how Aina seems to be more the type of person to blame herself for what happened.
I also doubt Ovan would go for a character design that...gaudy. It appears out of his style.
This does makes sense /hum
AuraTwilight wrote:"Die, Tokio, you don't belong in this world!"

"It was not by my hand that I was once again given flesh; I was called here by fanboys, who wish to pay ME tribute!"

"Your words are as empty as your ginger soul! Za Warudo ill needs a savior such as you!"
A miserable little pile of gambits and plot twists! But enough talk, have at you!"
lulz, Tokio as Dracula xD
Aru
OVANZILLA
OVANZILLA

Post by Aru »

AuraTwilight wrote:"Die, Tokio, you don't belong in this world!"

TOKIO
IN THE NAME OF MY MOTHER

I SHALL DEFEAT YOU AGAIN!!
Killer77

Post by Killer77 »

dude smith might just be a young kid with no friends or some bald old dude, we'll just have to wait until they dub or sub the OVA.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Doesn't Piroshi have a son? Sure he'd be around six or seven, but I'd believe that over Mirelle. I still can't figure the Klarinnette connection though. As for Shamrock, to me that depends on what happened with Ovan from the real world.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:Doesn't Piroshi have a son? Sure he'd be around six or seven, but I'd believe that over Mirelle. I still can't figure the Klarinnette connection though. As for Shamrock, to me that depends on what happened with Ovan from the real world.
What does Klarinette have to do with anything?

And Shamrock isn't Aina. Or if she is Aina, she's Aina with a completely different personality, surrounded by returning character designs who aren't the same player, she's one of only three characters in the history of .hack to remake their PC almost exactly, and she's the only one of them to not use the same name. The whole Aina idea seems amazingly arbitrary...
(Phantom) Thief

Kuukai wrote:
(Phantom) Thief wrote:Doesn't Piroshi have a son? Sure he'd be around six or seven, but I'd believe that over Mirelle. I still can't figure the Klarinnette connection though. As for Shamrock, to me that depends on what happened with Ovan from the real world.
What does Klarinette have to do with anything?

And Shamrock isn't Aina. Or if she is Aina, she's Aina with a completely different personality, surrounded by returning character designs who aren't the same player, she's one of only three characters in the history of .hack to remake their PC almost exactly, and she's the only one of them to not use the same name. The whole Aina idea seems amazingly arbitrary...
It's not that hard to imagine. Based on whether Ovan returned to the real world, (it's implied not stated) I could theorize a personality change or not. But your right that's far out there. As for Klarinette, not a damn thing. I don't believe even for a second that the avatar is the original but I do wonder how the design got out.:

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/527/b675eb56.jpg (You'd have to be blind to miss the reference)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Where did you even get that picture from? There's a microscopic version on the website but you can't make out anything... I kinda wanna see a full version...

Klarinette is from R:X, and is essentially the same PC but with the colors moved around, so I dunno what's up with that. Could easily be another clone, or even actually her, but obviously the case for that would be way better than with Shamrock since we know nothing about her and you don't have the convoluted remake thing going on...
(Phantom) Thief

I know but aren't Schicksal special PCs owned by CC Corp or they were just hacked? You are right though, color swap or the original are possible so I can see the flaw. Here, the Klarinette design above is from someone's personal scan and the image below is a resize.:

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/6561 ... ddawjp.jpg (resize)
http://www.anican.jp/blog/anicannews/an ... r=20101442 (original, I think)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

They're special PCs, but so? Orange Kite is a special PC... Mia is a special PC... Or it could be her, but like without powers.
(Phantom) Thief

The more special they are the harder it should be to replicate them. After R:1 there shouldn't be any restrictions on Kite's recreation but Mia was a character never available by normal means, Schicksal wasn't a full blown popularity thing, and I doubt its a coincidence Klarinette resembles her PC. But on my best to avoid a shitty argument isn't it strange, that another PC designed after a certain person exists normally? Hell I personally don't even know if R:X was open to the public during Link (that's one you can answer for me later) but if it is another person what's the connection, that's all I'm trying to go at. And yeah as you keep pointing out it could still be the original.
Killer77

Post by Killer77 »

Hang on.... I can see that the colors have changed but the color scheme seems to be equivalent to a certain long arm....
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:The more special they are the harder it should be to replicate them. After R:1 there shouldn't be any restrictions on Kite's recreation but Mia was a character never available by normal means, Schicksal wasn't a full blown popularity thing, and I doubt its a coincidence Klarinette resembles her PC. But on my best to avoid a shitty argument isn't it strange, that another PC designed after a certain person exists normally? Hell I personally don't even know if R:X was open to the public during Link (that's one you can answer for me later) but if it is another person what's the connection, that's all I'm trying to go at. And yeah as you keep pointing out it could still be the original.
Kite's book-altered PC was never normal, he and Mia were both "cheat PCs." And I don't think it's a coincidence that other PCs in Quantum look like specific characters, it's not like they all made PCs and that was what they came up with. It's obviously either Klarinette or based on Klarinette (like everyone else). There's no good reason it can't be the latter, there's just more of a reason it could be the former (because she was already playing R:X)
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

I don't get why its that abnormal to have characters that look similar. A lot of the .hack series have characters that look similar in each installment. For example:

1. Mimiru, Blackrose, Rena, and the one in Quantum.
2. Tsukasa and Elk.
3. Kite and Shugo.

You may say to me some of them are on purpose (In the case of LOTB, it is that case.) However, there are limits to what you can use with character models. The biggest exception is Kite (His PC data was altered of course) and many of the GU character models didn't seem to fit the normal options. I think Atoli and Shino were one of the few characters that retained what seemed to be their normal class choices (though you can change colors, as Shino did in Roots).

I see the .hack franchise sort of pulling off what clamp did during Tsubasa and XXXHolic with having parallels.