Only 3 Episodes..

coslink

Re: Only 3 Episodes..

Post by coslink »

Exatly, I thought that .hack// link was the last chapter in the .hack// saga, Woah, they love giving us surprises! :)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Link is the last chapter in the same way that the games are the first chapter. They're the central axis of the story (and Link certainly contains more content than Quantum and the movie combined), but they're both surrounded by supporting material. They actually announced this a good year ago, though, well before the game was out, and the game itself shipped with some teaser art/explanation back in March (though it would have been hard to post as news with no concrete details, and also the ambiguity of having TWO new Kites each depicted in an early concept phase and difficult to distinguish from each other), so aside from the title it wasn't too much of a surprise.
moon queen

Post by moon queen »

Cheer up guy's at least they wont turn the series into a cash cow like pokemon, like my departed brother said:
Muori col tuo orgoglio, per quanto vale… Requiescat in Pace.
(Die with your pride, for what it's worth… Rest in Peace.)
If they keep the series ongoing then good luck keeping track of it, besides a lot of americans simply like anime for the girls.
coslink

Post by coslink »

Kuukai wrote:Link is the last chapter in the same way that the games are the first chapter. They're the central axis of the story (and Link certainly contains more content than Quantum and the movie combined), but they're both surrounded by supporting material. They actually announced this a good year ago, though, well before the game was out, and the game itself shipped with some teaser art/explanation back in March (though it would have been hard to post as news with no concrete details, and also the ambiguity of having TWO new Kites each depicted in an early concept phase and difficult to distinguish from each other), so aside from the title it wasn't too much of a surprise.
I meant like, early stages of .hack// Link,
I was under the impression that .hack// link psp Game was the full stop. I know that quantum and the Movie is apart of the .hack// Link "series" :3
moon queen wrote:Muori col tuo orgoglio, per quanto vale… Requiescat in Pace.
If they keep the series ongoing then good luck keeping track of it, besides a lot of americans simply like anime for the girls.
Definitely!
But lets not forget now many millions and millions of dollars the Pokemon francise is raking in each year, It's just over grown into an uncontrolable money machine and forgotten the pure qualities that made the 1998 games so wonderful..... I could go on but this is a dot hack forum after all!

I would love for the series to have a few more mangas, and even perhaps make an offical .hack// sign manga, now that would be amazing. Just becuase the "story" of .hack// is over, I wish they could occasionaly make mangas/novels/merchandise of the rest of the series to polish it up. What do you think?
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

@coslink, No. Milking a series tends to do more harm than help.
coslink

Post by coslink »

I spose you're right, I just don't want to say good bye to .hack// at the end of next year :(
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

You don't have to say goodbye. Just keep the good memories you have of it. Which means rewatching, rereading and replaying all that .hack goodness on a regular basis. :V
KaotinShadows

Post by KaotinShadows »

Even if the series is over after that, nothing says she can not make his comeback a few years later.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

It sucks that we're near the end. We shall remain loyal fans regardless. The only thing we could hope for is that maybe the attention from the fans can somehow push a remake, or extend the series in a few years (kind of like what Beyblades did).
d5t

Post by d5t »

zaseo wrote:It sucks that we're near the end. We shall remain loyal fans regardless. The only thing we could hope for is that maybe the attention from the fans can somehow push a remake, or extend the series in a few years (kind of like what Beyblades did).

Sir Zaseo,

How dare you even mention Beyblades and .hack in a passing notion! Haha just kidding. :D The end of .hack may be just natural... and CC2 doesn't want to stifle the creativeness of the series (we already have fans saying that). I think the best rumor and the thing that is most likely to happen if true -- we will see another series with a lot of .hack influence, but it won't hold the franchises name.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

HAHA d5t made a funny! :D
(kind of like what Beyblades did).
I'd actually prefer that NOT to happen, the new Beyblade series....alright....but the old series was WAAAAY better. The new series has a talking dog...wtf?
@coslink, No. Milking a series tends to do more harm than help.
Agreed.
Muori col tuo orgoglio, per quanto vale… Requiescat in Pace.
Ugh, enough with the Assassin's Creed II reference!

It will get subbed and that is enough. Let's face it, a lot of people don't even watch the dubs anyway. They just download the fansub, watch it, and forget about it until they dig it out of their archive sometime down the road to rewatch it.

True. Funny you mention that because sometimes the fansubs are even better than the official subs.
It sucks that we're near the end. We shall remain loyal fans regardless.
Anime Monkey's quote. Read it.
Aika

Post by Aika »

Anime Monkey wrote:You don't have to say goodbye. Just keep the good memories you have of it. Which means rewatching, rereading and replaying all that .hack goodness on a regular basis. :V
.hack doesn't have much replayability. The story was all that ever mattered for .hack, and if they end it, it will just become a forgotten media franchise. They should continue making games and 26 episode long anime series.
Adhemas

Post by Adhemas »

Not sure if someone posted it before and I don't know where to put it but...:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... s-cg-anime

So it seams the episodes are rather short (usual 25 minutes) and besides that, the CG anime/whatever will be included on the Quantum DVDs? - So there is no movie? - On the other hand they're just talking about "CG anime shorts", so I think it's something different; maybe some sort of 5-minute comedy specials(?).
I am also interested in the promotional videos, and what do they mean with "related online TV project"?
mewhaku

Post by mewhaku »

If they dub it, I'll be happy, but fansub's would be fine too. As long as the quality, is good, I don't mind. The CG sounds intresting.

As for extending the series, the only thing I wish they'd do is make a "The World" MMORPG. Not like //.fragment, but more like R:2 or something. Online. That, would be awesome.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

The World MMORPG is a dream that likely won't come true, but us fans can always dream. A spiritual successor of .hack would be awesome.
KaotinShadows

Post by KaotinShadows »

Create The World as a possible MMO will... few years. The latest technology will do wonders in terms of video games and MMO is.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

KaotinShadows wrote:Create The World as a possible MMO will... few years. The latest technology will do wonders in terms of video games and MMO is.
NO NO NO
KaotinShadows

Post by KaotinShadows »

However, if. The latest technology could create an MMO like that.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

KaotinShadows wrote:However, if. The latest technology could create an MMO like that.
It's not much that "advanced technology" is needed to create such a successful The World, we actually have even BETTER technology than they have in the .Hack world by 2017...but, we just need a whole different "world" to have a The World MMO as amazing and successful as every MMO-wanting fan wants it to be. The World, as we see it in .Hack, is HEAVILY DRAMATIZED, to the point players can properly move every inch of their bodies and do a whole range of facial gestures. However, in a REAL MMO, or game altogether, things just don't happen that way...scenes like with Tsukasa and Subaru are really just a player standing infront of a laying-down player with critical HP, and the whole Haseo vs Azure Kite cathedral battle has nothing flashy or cool about it as it's just Haseo spamming X with Azure Kite just holding the Guard command. And sure thing, at this point there's technology such like Kinetic that could allow you to move your character as you wish...but have fun moving around in your room like an idiot, trying to make your character sit on a bench, and be careful you don't trip or raise your hand too high you hit the ceiling fan >3>

We have the current and fitting technology to make a very good The World MMO, and it won't be any more expensive or complicated than...i don't know, Vanquish to mention a recent game. But the reason why such MMO would fail isn't due to technology...but due to the fact The World sucks as an MMO, it's so very simple and repetitive, all quests are stupid (except maybe for R:1's The One Sin...and even that can be easily finished with a proper team and a decent strategy), and what made The World so awesome for all the players in it were 2 things....the prettyness, and the fact it was the game everyone played and the only game of it's kind for at least a long time. And what made The World so awesome in our eyes were the MYSTERIOUS EVENTS happening on it....Phases, Data Bugs, AIDA, Avatars, etc...we didn't play the games because we loved sitting in fields for 30 minutes, to then be amazed at the rare item you found in a chest (such "rare item" you're going to get 20 more times)...we played because we wanted to find out what was going to happen with Aura, defeat Tri-Edge, go on with the game to get new forms, etc....things you're not going to see or experience in a The World MMO.

So admit it, the only ones played the MMO will be .Hack fans all excited because "OMG I'M IN THE WORLD IN MAC ANU AND NOW I'M IN THIS FIELD AND IT'S JUST LIKE IN .HACK OMG IT'S AMAZING IT'S LIKE I'M HASEO AND MY FRIENDS ARE THE EPITAPH USERS OMG!!!", getting bored after the 4th time of clearing the same generic dungeons, then going to appreciate the "amazingness" of Lost Grounds....to regret it 5 seconds later for there's nothing interesting about it, no matter how amazing the graphics are, and then pretty much use The World as a big chat/RP-ing place only >_>
And yeah, there are SOME aspects in The World that aren't bad and could be used as great settings for a MMO....but, those are very few (maybe only skill names, some players and area designs, and the keyword/chaos gate system), and it would be best to just take them and use them for a new MMO, this one made to fully function as a MMO indeed, and not just as an awesome setting for a anime/manga/game series.

And so ends my rant as of why a The World MMO would suck....for the 157th time ~3~ lol
hidora

Post by hidora »

TheSorrow wrote:And so ends my rant as of why a The World MMO would suck....for the 157th time ~3~ lol
And for the 157th time, no one will read it (except for the ones who already know everything you said) cuz it'll frustrate their impossible dream =X