What did you think of the opening?

Tack

What did you think of the opening?

Post by Tack »

The new animation is nice, it kind of reminds me of Satoshi Kon's art and the background is cool mixung the .hack characters into eh real world. (Shino is a Japanese pop-idol or is she just karaoking in front of alot of people?)

But the music is okay, not flashy like sign or to a lesser extent, roots.

What do you think? Am I wrong? :)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: What did you think of the opening?

Post by Kuukai »

A lot of people actually liked the music considerably more than the animation. I liked both, though. It really reflect how the floodgates on both time and reality have fully opened. By the movie they might not even matter. It also represents how the game is portable, and thus it follows you. Most of the locations are actually real places in Tokyo. The people singing are idols in Akihabara, the dog statue chained like Aura is the famous Hachiko statue in Shibuya.
Tack

Post by Tack »

Kuukai wrote:A lot of people actually liked the music considerably more than the animation. I liked both, though. It really reflect how the floodgates on both time and reality have fully opened. By the movie they might not even matter. It also represents how the game is portable, and thus it follows you. Most of the locations are actually real places in Tokyo. The people singing are idols in Akihabara, the dog statue chained like Aura is the famous Hachiko statue in Shibuya.
Sort of like a mystic time thing? :)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

The time aspect is probably explained better in the Link game spoiler thread...