A New .hack// 3rd generation anime character design

TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: A New .hack// 3rd generation anime character design

Post by TheSorrow »

Sakuya is cute and hot c: Mary is pretty much BlackRose with a VERY LONG hair extension, and Tobias is...i don't know, he looks funny, like a little chibi Balmung o3o

Wait, Sakuya? PRINCESS SAKUYA FROM GU!? O_O AND I'M ALMOST SURE THERE WAS ALSO A PC CALLED TOBIAS!!! ...COULD IT BE!? COULD IT FINALLY BE!?!? O3333O Before i yell what you all expect me to say now...i shall reply.

So, with this, i suppose we know the name of all the "Kites" now (Kite, Azure Kite, Sora, Sakuya). So, do we know something else about this anime? Such like the setting, what year it is, where are they, WTF they're doing, etc? Or we'll have to wait until November 27 for that? Could we at least get a translation of that pic? D:
This is probably the last .Hack anime that will be released (assuming the series are indeed ending), so it would be very interesting to know just what they're doing for the closure. I guess the only thing i wouldn't approve is that they go and continue the series through anime and no longer release games, and this one anime is to show a new "The World" and it's basicly a random adventure Legend of Twilight anime-like. But i really hope this won't be the case -3-

Now...WHERE'S HENAKO!? 8DDDD ...*looks at the kitty in the pic besides Sakuya*.....>___________>?....
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Kite noooooooooo

And the fanfiction designs get worse.. wait.. this isn't fanfiction. Nooooooooo.

Oh well, guess just one of a hundred things I have to reserve judgment on.

Only design of the three I like is Blackrose.

Actually I like Balmungs as well, just not the the hair/head.

And parts of Kite is cool, like the arm pouch. Makes me think shes going to pull out a beyblade.
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

Tobias just looks generally disproportionate...

Mary looks fine to me.

Sakuya is more of a rule 63 Kite than Sora will ever be. Though I'm not big on the outfit as now I imagine Kite as a streetwalking T-girl.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Now it's time for _Tri-edge_'s input, in the form of WIN or FAIL, starting with Tobias.

Tobias is a pretty cool sounding name for such a character, but the messy hairstyle definitely hurts the overall appearence a bit. Aside from that however, the wings fit well for him being based on Balmung, but this just goes on appearence. The personality and amount of character development usually determines a character for me, but until then...

WIN

Mary is pretty much Blackrose with a pony-tail and a "blackrose" holding it in place, so to me, that's a lack of originality. Sure, a different name and a sleeker sword is great and all, and don't get me wrong. I fell in love with Blackrose's character design, but don't bother bringing it back if you're gonna make it EXACTLY the same, with minimum add on's. I mean, all of the Kite's have some notable changes. Six Kite's and they ALL look different. So for this case....

FAIL

Sakuya....Mmmm...I knew this was a female. The actual design will take some getting used to, because frankly, It's hard to see a female Kite without thinking about the original, so I might have some gay trip up's. :? But overall, I like her design. I find it sexy, though no .hack vixen will look sexier than my darling Natusme.

WIN
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Gemcrim wrote: I imagine Kite as a streetwalking T-girl.
I couldn't really organize the new Kite in my head properly, but this is pretty much it. I hope her character redeems the design.

I might enjoy the design more if she had an undershirt/sleeves and if her stocking reached into the shorts.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Did NeoGAF need to say that? Now there's a whole bunch of people who think .hack isn't ending, when anyone paying attention saw this coming... Anyway, all the article says is that they're taking on a difficult quest (in R:X, but we already knew that from New Testament). I'd like to see the cast and staff information, but it got cut off...
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Finally more word on .hack anime. One thing that worries me is will it ever go outside of Japan. You would think that they would announce link by now. Kite is sure getting many copy avatars.
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

TheSorrow wrote: So, with this, i suppose we know the name of all the "Kites" now (Kite, Azure Kite, Sora, Sakuya).
you forgot Shugo. or maybe you left him out on purpose. i probably would.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

N3IWVC wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:So, with this, i suppose we know the name of all the "Kites" now (Kite, Azure Kite, Sora, Sakuya).
you forgot Shugo. or maybe you left him out on purpose. i probably would.
While i could've left him out on purpose, i actually just forgot about it and only mentioned the original, his made-by-Aura clone, and the two recent ones, completely ignoring poor little Shugo 'XD lol

And there's apparently six Kites in total, since in the main page they mention that a completely different Kite will appear in the movie that'll also feature the 4th version of The World. But, i don't remember anything about that, in fact, i don't think i ever knew such information!! And if i actually read something about it, then i most definetly thought it was about the anime D: (I thought that one scene with the underwater sea and the "thing" was also the anime) So Movie Kite = Anime Kite = Sakuya...but apparently it's not like that D;

So...anyone care to enlighten me about this last Kite? Any information avaliable about it, or just how do we know and can assure of the existence of such 6th "clone" of Kite? D:
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

So many clones of kite...
it shows cc2 knows rules 22 and 23 of the internet.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

N3IWVC wrote:So many clones of kite...
it shows cc2 knows rules 22 and 23 of the internet.
Yeah .___.' I've been just trying to ignore that and simply go with the fact CC2 has made everything in .Hack so far with a purpose and not just randomness/laziness, and the 6 Kites do make sense in a way (Kite is teh originalz, Shugo became one as part of a contest of the "legendary .Hackers", Azure Kite was created in a time of need based on the Descendants of Fianna, the best R:1 players, and these last 3 are all part of the trilogy of the last generation of .Hack), but yeah, even i have to admit that we have so many clones it's ridiculous, regardless of any purpose behind it. Yes, we love Kite, but that doesn't mean that what we desire is a .Hack full of Kite clones!! XP

But oh well, i just hope that whatever purpose there is for so many clones, it's a damn good one that makes me forget about it, just like how LINK's main and deep story made me forget about it being such a "fanservicing" game. As long as what they do is so freaking great like the rest of the series have been, to give it a darn good and proper ending, i can let go their obvious lack/refusal of originality.

...Though at least for me, there is one thing that can make me forgive ANYTHING they do, even if the next thing we see is over 9000 Haseo and Alkaid clones or Harald appears as a zombie vampire robot that eats everyone in the end.
It starts with H. And no, it's not Hentai. Though that might also kinda work.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Actually, it's kinda interesting, at this point Kite is kinda like the Green Lantern of .hack. Haseo is the Frieza. I wouldn't be surprised if he got one more form before the dust cleared...
TheSorrow wrote:So...anyone care to enlighten me about this last Kite? Any information avaliable about it, or just how do we know and can assure of the existence of such 6th "clone" of Kite? D:
It's Sora. From the beginning Sora's entire thing is that she's the star of the upcoming movie. It's actually amazing how early we had this figured out considering we got a pile of mixed information about not one but two female Kites, and one of them was nameless and easily confused with the other.

I think there are actually about 8 Kites. Spoilers are from .hack//Link:
Kite
Shugo
Azure Kite Twilight Knight Kite Twilight Knight Shugo (well, kinda) He Who Symbolizes the End (Tokio's mind)
Sakuya
Sora
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Kuukai wrote: He Who Symbolizes the End (Tokio's mind)
Could this be the  freaky black/red Kite that we fight after Tokio got his Xth form?
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Zombie Kite is what I called him. Well Zombie and Ghost. Which I guess AK could be Zombie Kite..

He was a fun fight!
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Mumbles something about a Shugo AI. (9). But about the setting, from what we know its in 2021 I believe. ALTIMIT launches a vaccine, the Sophia Security System during the damage of a worldwide network virus while at the time Genius beings contacting a friend regarding some information CC and its parent company. Someone can help me with the details. But once again that's only for 2021 well actual it still might not apply? (10) Kites if we count the comic.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Is there more than one Shugo AI? And what new Kites are there in the comic?
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

It was in discussion several months ago. During the new world guide there's a special chapter where an AI Shugo assists a lost Aina. He was with a phantom Rena but they both disappear after. I'd recommend somewhere to read it but the link is dead, plus site rules. As for ten, I just consider the alternate a different Kite.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Gender bending Kite as Sakuya. Hopefully they'll introduce more characters that don't resemble previous characters. Tobias and Mary are so obvious. :lol:
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Even if you call it zombie Kite, it still has a real name...

Ok, there's AI Shugo, but alternate universe Kites are still the same Kite, unless he really has a different player or something... Like if there was some sort of GU Novels thing where in some version he was Orca's father, then I'd count that as a different Kite...