A New .hack// 3rd generation anime character design

moon queen

Re: A New .hack// 3rd generation anime character design

Post by moon queen »

Maybe they're just trying to portray kite through other views
1.Shugo: as a kid.
2.Azure kite: as a dead forgotten legend.
3.Kite(link): reborn.
4.sakuya: as a girl.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Should we move the Quantum conversation to an actual topic about it, or continue with the conversation/information-sharing here? Sure, this topic is fitting enough for it, and this topic has been moved to a whole new section dedicated to Quantum...but still, it might be troublesome for other members to find the most recent information about it without having to check topic by topic ':P Anyways...
That PV is quite interesting...with IYOTEN, Asta, Grein, Aina, Alkaid, Piros the 3rd, Atoli, and whoever else i could've missed o_O Twilight Knights, maybe? Or just the GU players? And Aina seems to be taking quite a "leading" role this time...or at least, it gives the idea that she knows WTF is going on behind all the events and what it needs to be done about it.

And it would be darn nice if someone could read all those pages full of information (and the words in the PV itself) and share any valuable/important information with us, whatever it might be...*pokes Kuukai* Pweeze? Pweety pweeze? 8DD
Maybe they're just trying to portray kite through other views
1.Shugo: as a kid.
2.Azure kite: as a dead forgotten legend.
3.Kite(link): reborn.
4.sakuya: as a girl.
It could make sense...but only in the Shugo part. While it is true that not many players fully remember Kite with looks and all by R:2, there are SEVERAL who do acknowledge the existence of the Descendants of Fianna and the .hackers who saved The World once...yeah, they don't say much about the Azures, but hell, almost all the average R:2 players easily fall for the "Clark Kent disiguise". Just look at what they say about Haseo X_X'
Kite in LINK is as much as a "rebirth" as all other old players are in the same game, i know absolutely no details about "Symbol of End" Kite and so i can't say anything about that one...and as of Sakuya, yeah, a female Kite, but Sora (from LINK and the upcoming movie, not SIGN/IMOQ), is also a female Kite, so even if it is for the purpose of showing a female Kite, there must some other significance that at least differences Sora from Sakuya and viceversa :/
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

(Natsume is there.) **** 2022? Leave it to Kuukai but the ova revolves around three characters, Sayuka, Mary and Tobias whom form a party and embark on a high level quest. It's seems more complicated but I can't pull much out. The cat's name is .... Hermit I think, no that can't be right Helmet maybe?

全世界で1000万人を越すプレイヤーが参加している、多人数が同時に参加することのできるオンラインRPG『The World』。 2022年現在、提供されているのは「R:X(リビジョンエックス)」であり、CC社によって運営されている。

2018年に休止となった「R:2」から2年のブランクはできてしまったが、
『The World』は再び多くのユーザーにとっての日常となっていた。

文字通り「世界」といえる規模と自由な操作性を提供するこのゲームは、システムとして用意されているクエストやルールだけでなく、プレイヤー達の主体性から生まれた秩序と多種多様な楽しみ方がなされており、新たなコミュニケーションの場として活気づいていた。

サクヤ、トービアス、メアリの3人組パーティも御多分に漏れず、自由気ままにこの世界を満喫している。
時にはクエストクリアを目指して冒険に出かけ、またある時は心の趣くまま目的地も定めず旅立ち、そしてまたある時は、チャットをして過ごす。
ゲーム画面の彼方には、プレイヤーにとって仮想ではない、もう一つの世界が間違いなくあるのだ。

とあるクエストでの出会いをきっかけに、サクヤたちの冒険は大きく変わっていくことになる。

source:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xbot_jjD0k
http://www.hack.channel.or.jp/quantum/about.html
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Wow, that trailer put a huge smile on my face. I was actually happy to see Atoli (or at least her character design if that isn't her for whatever reason) along with Alkaid and Piros and a bunch of other characters (Even if they are all from G.U.)

And Kite actually didn't look too bad in that trailer. Balmung sure looked a lot better, though I still don't like his hair in the faceness.

I'm loving the Macha kitty even more. I hope his presence means something great for my happiness.

Don't suppose someone could get some good quality clean shots of kitty? Set worthy quality.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I've posted everything I really know so far in the news. I imagine the Twilight Knights are gone, and this is some sort of massive masquerade event, possibly an elaborate ploy by CC to try to lure out Aura, much like an actual festival in the real world designed to accommodate the gods, but that's only my speculation.

Unlike Sora, Sakuya has a different VA from Kite, and I find it more likely Sora has the real Kite PC, while this is not quite the same...

EDIT: The music is gonna be by Kou Ootani of Gundam Wing and Outlaw Star fame. He's actually one of my favorite composers, this'll be interesting...
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Here. There are three episodes.

Episode 1

〈第1話〉

攻略不可能と言われる「ザワン・シン討伐」。
無謀にもそこに挑む3人のパーティがあった。
斬刀士トービアス、撃剣士メアリ、そして双剣士のサクヤ。
彼女達は迷宮で道に迷い、モンスターに追われた挙げ句、ギルドメンバーを罠にはめてしまい、大惨劇を起こしてしまう。
そんな3人のドタバタを見つめているネコの姿があった。仕様外のその姿は果たしてPCなのかNPCなのか…?

「.hack」3rdシーズンを飾る作品の1つであり、新進気鋭のスタッフが、新しい「.hack」を作り出す!!

(全3話)

Source: http://animefes-vs.jp/hack.html
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Yeah, I told d5t it was a 3-ep OVA earlier but didn't have time to post it...
moon queen

Post by moon queen »

|<!73 wrote:Here. There are three episodes.

Episode 1

〈第1話〉

攻略不可能と言われる「ザワン・シン討伐」。
無謀にもそこに挑む3人のパーティがあった。

(全3話)

um kuukai my brother said you could translate stuff like this could you please translate it for me? :D
R.Tagore

Post by R.Tagore »

http://www.imagebam.com/image/349da192269604

There are too many "kites". XD
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

moon queen wrote:
|<!73 wrote:Here. There are three episodes.

Episode 1

〈第1話〉

攻略不可能と言われる「ザワン・シン討伐」。
無謀にもそこに挑む3人のパーティがあった。

(全3話)

um kuukai my brother said you could translate stuff like this could you please translate it for me? :D
We're not at the same level. Until then I'd recommend a web translator or dictionary. OCN is a known one. It basically mentions the impossible one sin event and how Sakuya works with Tobias and Mary to capture the monster. Also there's some mystery about the cat character hermit (I'm still in disbelief about the name), who design isn't a PC or NPC. There's also portion where Sakuya is led into a trap by another guild. Before that it mentions something about a labyrinth.

EDIT:
R.Tagore wrote:http://www.imagebam.com/image/349da192269604

There are too many "kites". XD
So that's how you've been beating me to the punch, but yeah a lot of Kites. CC2 Bring me three more buwhahaha.

EDIT 2: (Random Boredom)
Do we consider the 2010 Akashic Record Kite different from Twilight Knight Kite even though Twilight Knight inherits the record versions memories?
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Yes, since the original isn't exactly there during the events of //Link. At any rate, we can look at Twilight Knight Kite as a "fully developed" Azure Kite.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I had a dream like that once. Stupid next door neighbor's lawn mower.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Buwahaha this time Pikachu is mine, moving on some more information. As stated .hack//Quantum will feature three ova episodes and will run ANIME FES.”VS on November 27. Episodes 2 and 3 will shown on December 25 and January 22 2011 along side its competing animation SKL Mazinkaiser,

Source: http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news ... 86641.html
Boredom: http://pc.gban.jp/img/21917.jpg
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

|<!73 wrote:We're not at the same level. Until then I'd recommend a web translator or dictionary. OCN is a known one. It basically mentions the impossible one sin event and how Sakuya works with Tobias and Mary to capture the monster. Also there's some mystery about the cat character hermit (I'm still in disbelief about the name), who design isn't a PC or NPC. There's also portion where Sakuya is led into a trap by another guild. Before that it mentions something about a labyrinth.
I wouldn't use a web translator, since it's acutally unknown whether the cat is a PC or NPC, and it's their guild (member?) that gets caught in a trap because they get lost and chased by monsters...
_Tri-edge_ wrote:Do we consider the 2010 Akashic Record Kite different from Twilight Knight Kite even though Twilight Knight inherits the record versions memories?
It's essentially one person, just at different stages in "time."
_Tri-edge_ wrote:Yes, since the original isn't exactly there during the events of //Link. At any rate, we can look at Twilight Knight Kite as a "fully developed" Azure Kite.
The Twilight Knights were summoned from the Akashic Records, so it's pretty different. Link's answer to Azure Kite is... Azure Kite.
A.R.T

Post by A.R.T »

That cat is undoubtedly another Macha incarnation...whose responsible for it is anyone's guess, but if you look in the trailer at 1:10 you can see "Mia" on the screen at the top left of the screen. Maybe Aura sent her to watch over the three copycat people players...if Aura is still functioning at this point! Though, I like the fact that "The World" is flourishing once again. I wonder what happened to bring about this new "golden age" for The World?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I wouldn't say "undoubtedly" when everyone else seems to be a new player in a familiar PC. It's obviously a Mia-based PC, but aside from that I wouldn't hedge any bets...

I will say it's extremely unlikely Aura did this.
Kyero Fox
Pilot of White Glint
Pilot of White Glint

Post by Kyero Fox »

Someone told me Alkaid is gonna be a guy in this one O-o I dontknow to either be pissed or grossed, i mean why change anyones gender? hell the new kite isnt even the ORIGINAL kite. just some new player like Shugo

I saw the trailer after hearing this and it just looks like she got a new outfit and didnt get a good look at her face and her chest looked flat? couldnt really tell cuz of the darkness.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, Aura WAS born on a Japanese server. She might've been fed enough data to give her a genderbend fetish.
Kyero Fox
Pilot of White Glint
Pilot of White Glint

Post by Kyero Fox »

AuraTwilight wrote:Well, Aura WAS born on a Japanese server. She might've been fed enough data to give her a genderbend fetish.
Lol well that's japan for you, but I doubt they did. And even if its prob not even chika. If its not chika -> alkaid, who cares

Well idc really its just a 3ep ova, not really canon

Hell if its true I might just do a genderbend of thid :D

And I did not ask or pay for this, this is fan art XD

God I hate doing this on my cell

And is that ovans sister on piros shoulder? If so.... wtf
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

From what it looks like, they're not doing GU era characters, only IMOQ. So I wouldn't worry about it. Alkaid isn't all that important anyway.