Kite's Xth Form Design

Would you like to see more of Kite's Xth form design in the other media?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 18

Advent_Winter

Kite's Xth Form Design

Post by Advent_Winter »

God it's so f*cking cool. I would totally want to see it again in the animes, although that probably won't happen. Still, who's with me on this?
GyppyGirl2021

Re: Kite's Xth Form Design

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

He needs to get rid of that damn hat already.

But yeah.

Although, I kinda miss the wave symbols. <3
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I love the hat. Its part of him. I guess I wouldn't mind if he dropped it in normal form, but his Xth hat look nice. At first it looked a little.. high, bulky and weird. But it suits him. The only thing would make his pants and shoes seperate clothing.

Edit: Yea, miss the waves on hat and cheek, but I think the Xth design looks better without them.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I just think the hat looks kind of silly on Kite, period. Then again, my bias is partially due to him not lacking any shred of cuteness otherwise. 8D
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

I like the design, but I have a firm stance against Xth forms for multiple people, even though Kite is the only one worthy of it aside from Haseo (in many ways moreso) I just don't want to see it elsewhere unless proper reasons were given.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

And there really are none. Kite has an excuse because he was, in essence, the "Key of Twilight" in IMOQ, but a lot of characters have no such excuse.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I really don't see the problem with it. Virus cores to make hacked PCs of the worlds strongest players so they can help fight against an "evil" organization. Seems pretty valid to me. I understand your points, but its just not the worst thing in Link.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

T_T *sniff* *sniff* I love it how people understand how I feel about AK not getting one himself. Thank god for people who have creativity like this. It's EXACTLY how I pictured it to be.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Needs a triple tipped arrow or something.
Heighth

Post by Heighth »

I love their designs but i dont like the weapons. I just dont like the wole "arrow" thing they got goin on. Otherwise their characters kickass
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Okay, what's wrong with a bow and arrow? Haseo got a ranged weapon in his Xth form, it's only fair that Kite should get one in his. And the only thing that can top guns in coolness when it comes to ranged weapons is bows.

The handling of the bow/dual sword is also pretty well done (though a lot of people who've played SSBB might say it's a Pit ripoff, I disagree because Pit didn't have that ability in his games iirc).
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

It definitely goes with his Xth form design and his cool and collected hero status. Maybe it wouldn't have worked so well in the first game when he was still discovering himself, but now it suits him just fine.
Genshie

Post by Genshie »

That picture of Azure Kite reminds me of how Jack Skellington looked in the Santa Clause outfit. It is like the equivalent of that.
wave killer
The Inbetweener
The Inbetweener

Post by wave killer »

Out of all the Xth forms I've seen in LINK Kite's is the only one that I liked. All the others just look like they got more armor, horns, and/or new hats.
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

wave killer wrote:Out of all the Xth forms I've seen in LINK Kite's is the only one that I liked. All the others just look like they got more armor, horns, and/or new hats.
Some of them were nice, but I agree that most were just silly and/or stupid.

Of note, I do like Kite's, Orca's (the cape is just a nice touch, I can't explain why) Kaede's (I don't know why, the hair just suits her and somehow the sword isn't too far off) and even Alkaid's (I've never gotten a really close look but the number one thing that I didn't like about her outfit, that white... upside down triangle sticking up off her back... seems to have been replaced with something similar to Haseo's Xth form, which I was never a fan of but am used to,)

Of note that I dislike? Silabus, Sakubo (both) Shino (But Atoli is excused for the hilarity of her cross rengeki) and Tabby. Kinda neutral on the IMOQ/ Sign crew.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I liked parts of a lot of them, but there wasn't too many I fully liked. Too many horns and ears. Like I loved Mimirus standard armor with the black under cloth and white sleeves. Didn't care too much for the horns and the bunny ears. They looked good in game, but overall didn't like it. Loved Pi's jacket, but hated her even more ridiculous hair and ears, loved Shino's jacket and new scarf. Sakubos shirts where good.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

I'm not sure, but it seems that even Haseo's Xth form design was no match for Kite's. Odd, but good to know. :)
wave killer
The Inbetweener
The Inbetweener

Post by wave killer »

Ranylyn wrote:
wave killer wrote:Of note that I dislike? Silabus, Sakubo (both) Shino (But Atoli is excused for the hilarity of her cross rengeki) and Tabby. Kinda neutral on the IMOQ/ Sign crew.
When I saw Tabby's my respect for CC2 was gone. It was bad after they turned Alkaid, one of my favorite female characters in .hack, into the unofficial "sex icon" of the series but to see Tabby's Xth form I gave up on the developer all together.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Whats wrong with Tabby's besides the future like rings around her claws? She was already the big boobed furry.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...I was really hoping that Atoli would get something epic like Haseo, but nooo, she just looks even more like freakin' Colette Brunel >_< Ah well, she's still awesome and win either way, and her Cross Rengeki is epic XD

In regards to other Xth models... well, other than Haseo's, Kite's was the only one that really stood out to me, they should've given the other protags like Albireo and Tsukasa some new stuff too... I mean, Haseo's Xth form added something unseen in the game before, so why can't the others introduce the same concept? Seems like Kite and Tokio are the only ones who get new weapons, which is incredibly lame ._.