Why Did Cyber Connect ends it now???

dothack//ultimate

Why Did Cyber Connect ends it now???

Post by dothack//ultimate »

Why would cyber connect end the series like this????? I mean they have so much potential!!
why not just make an online MMO with dot hack instead of ending it now and on this game!! I mean dot Hack//Link looks ok but i still think they should have an american MMO maybe they can release fragment or maybe a GU mmo i mean do you know how many people would love that!!! :shock: i mean plz make 1 more long term project plzzzz :?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: Why Did Cyber Connect ends it now???

Post by Kuukai »

I don't think an MMO would have been that great. .hack has always been a singleplayer RPG set in a fictional MMO world. And like the fictional worlds other RPGs are set in, it isn't that internally consistent or good on its own. I wouldn't want to live in Ivalice, it's a land without bathrooms. In the same way, I wouldn't want to play The World, it's a terrible MMO. One guy gets all the treasure. If you have a level 100 friend they can powerlevel you to their level in about an hour.

Sure, you could make a new game, and call it The World, but then what? It wouldn't have a real hero or story. You'd be special, just like everyone else. What are the strong points of .hack? The plot and the characters. Neither of those are particularly strong points for MMOs.

I do think .hack//fragment should have made it over, but it's probably a moot point now. The PS2 era is ending, and it would require Bandai Namco set up a dedicated server for the game. It would also have been nice if .hack//Link had had co-op, but, well, at least they have something. It's better than a lot of RPGs...
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

Actualy a lot of new stuff is still comeing out on ps2 and sense you can play them on ps3
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Not really, there's been a serious shift to the PSP instead. No PS2 games have been weekly topsellers in a long time. You can't play PS2 games on any PS3 built after October 2007, which is somewhere around 80% of them.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

I have an Old 80gb PS3 and I've played every .hack game on it, and all have glitches with it. I also have a 60gb but the firmware killed the blue ray drive, but I did play them on that one a bit before that happened. So playing them on the PS3 has its issues. I did expect Link to be on the PS3 first but I'd rather have an outdated look than an overdone graphics game. So the PSP is in my book, and maybe Link will also be released on the PS2 later like some PSP games have been. Hopefully the game will be in just one set than 3 or 4 like the others.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I look at it as better a well-done PSP game than an underdone PS3 game. Developing for the PS3 is a major step up in complexity from developing for the PS2, and although CC2 built an engine for STORM, they might not have wanted to develop a full-fledged RPG on it. Even the 1st party Sony-published RPG White Knight Chronicles had some issues at launch, it didn't even ship with a pause feature. When development on Link started the prospect might not have been to appealing.

It seems pretty likely Link is going to be one giant volume, based on the news we've heard.
dothack//ultimate

Post by dothack//ultimate »

well thats good at least imean they should have 1 big .hack blo out or somthing but..i kinda dont want it to be on link :? but i guess they shouldnt have made anrpg but at least one more playstaion saga instead of link! (sorry to all those who think diffrently )
Versus Knight

Post by Versus Knight »

hallo bro " well allow me to say that this not too bad
you know the too long series it lost its charm " and you'd better
it ends with it .. " link its the end of the story but not the end of dot hack
i suppose that after it there will be a PS3 game called .hack//THE WORLD
and it would be like Metal Gear Online or Final Fantasy XIV a real MMORPG !!
that's what i hope .. any way " it'll no be difficult to make a game like .hack//fragment
in the PS3 with its fantastic Multi-Player Options .
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I didn't think anyone on this board besides me liked MGO, so that's probably not the greatest example of an online success...
mhisthenewdothack

Post by mhisthenewdothack »

i liked mgo O3O but thats only because im a loyal metal gear fan. xD
BalmungoftheAzureSky

Post by BalmungoftheAzureSky »

Everyone has to agree... If they had "the world" in all of it's glory it would be one of the best mmo's out there... Not as limited as fragment I'm talkin full blown "the world"..
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

I wouldn't go so far as to say "everyone has to agree" or even that it'd be one of the best MMOs. It would be neat if they could use some imagination and create something cool though.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I for one think it would be terrible, as I explained above.
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

Y'know it's kinda funny, I was thinking about starting a thread called about "How do you think The World would fair as an actual MMO?" but really, after reading this, and contemplating on it some more, I'd say that..it really wouldn't do very good :(

Still, if it helps, there's a rainbow variety of MMO's out there; lots of them are rather anime-esque as well; though I kinda think that WoW would be the closest thing to "The World" in general; if not D&D Online, or...actually I don't know of many MMO's, but you get the idea~
Noaru Hikari

Post by Noaru Hikari »

MizuTakishima wrote:Y'know it's kinda funny, I was thinking about starting a thread called about "How do you think The World would fair as an actual MMO?" but really, after reading this, and contemplating on it some more, I'd say that..it really wouldn't do very good :(

Still, if it helps, there's a rainbow variety of MMO's out there; lots of them are rather anime-esque as well; though I kinda think that WoW would be the closest thing to "The World" in general; if not D&D Online, or...actually I don't know of many MMO's, but you get the idea~
To be honest, I think a .hack MMORPG is viable, with thought! I do give example to the Final Fantasy MMORPG (currently XI) obviously Final Fantasy alone wouldn't be a good MMORPG alone. However I believe with revamping the actual story for online play can be done.

Example:

Beta Release: Actual R:1/2 Content & Quests (minus the One Sin Events)
Retail Release: Mixing the story of "The World" with ".hack" giving way to Data Bugs, AIDA, Outer Dungeons (basically expansions) Let's start of with the Raw Version being a mix of R1 in a GU Setting! Actual bosses could be from the GU fields etc... leading up to end bosses (mysterious Data Bug). Obviously Mysterious Data Bug would be a CC2 creation relating to the MMO version.
All of the above adventure (the gap) would be leading up to a final boss fight. The gap being investigating areas, really buggy areas like outer dungeons, which lead to normal areas, and normal areas leading to fake lost grounds, and fragment areas like Net Slum. Obviously this is just my idea for a part, which could be expanded like what they do in most MMORPGs. Essentially they'd keep the .hack//: and "The World" feel, and incorporate a new story-line within the Online version.

Sorry if I ramble, but I get agitated that ppl believe this couldn't be a real MMORPG.
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

Ah, don't be too agitated :) I'm sure that with all that revampage, yeah, a The World/.hack// MMO could be possible...but with so many other MMO's out there these days...

y'know, when I first got into the series, I always thought that "The World" was just a parody of "World of Warcraft" or something XD' I'm probably gonna get shot for that though.

Even if I don't play WoW, I can actually kinda see them trying to be some of the first MMO's to actually try and use virtual reality. Heck if they did, I'd probably get an account for that; especially since they've been around for so long, and have a similar feel, I'd almost feel like I were playing an authentic version of "The World".

But yeah, don't mind me, just spewing out random crack-pot-ness XD'
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

.hack actually came out way before WoW. WoW came out while they were working on G.U.
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

Kuukai wrote:.hack actually came out way before WoW. WoW came out while they were working on G.U.
For reals? Holy crap my memory is bad x_X;; (Either that or it took forever for .hack//SIGN to air in the US fft OTL)

Then yeah. Jeepers :shock: Some coincidence huh? xD
Gungnir

Post by Gungnir »

kuukai
i see what your saying i personaly like the idea of character creation and the feel of the game, but say for instance the types of atacks and clases that can be picked they can have some of the features and even throw in a story mode and story/quest mode with multy player feature. and putting that aside lets say they implemented the data abnormalities just to make it interesting like they were suppose to for fragment. or how about events that only open say once a year (forest of death) and threw in the arena battle were any one can get the chance for emperor. and have break ins like in A.I buster were creatures would flood the at homes (^ mac anu).

they could even have multiple servers for different expansions or lets say styles of the world (R:2 R:3) or specific quest to get kite, or helba or some one elses character data limited to only high levels but then allows them to use some of there abilities but weak (partial data drain) (keyword hacks).

and character creation would be sick if you cross have character creation like in soul cal or tekken added but with .hack style art.

wow would actually have a competitor for once. i mean look at .hack// link a lot of people are getting it without even knowing what its about just because they are fans.

there is potential not to mention money and jobs in this idea alone. and unlike wow it could be on new gen systems not just pc. so there are good points to i definitely see what you mean though it would take a lot of work to get it done but i mean hell i just brainstormed this in a few minutes imagine what cc could create right XD

sorry for the wall of text got carried away but i would like to see what cc could creat so i support //The World mmo ^_^(*has just voted *)

~Gungnir~

EDIT:
Noaru Hikari wrote:
MizuTakishima wrote:Y'know it's kinda funny, I was thinking about starting a thread called about "How do you think The World would fair as an actual MMO?" but really, after reading this, and contemplating on it some more, I'd say that..it really wouldn't do very good :(

To be honest, I think a .hack MMORPG is viable, with thought! I do give example to the Final Fantasy MMORPG (currently XI) obviously Final Fantasy alone wouldn't be a good MMORPG alone. However I believe with revamping the actual story for online play can be done.

Example:

Beta Release: Actual R:1/2 Content & Quests (minus the One Sin Events)
Retail Release: Mixing the story of "The World" with ".hack" giving way to Data Bugs, AIDA, Outer Dungeons (basically expansions) Let's start of with the Raw Version being a mix of R1 in a GU Setting! Actual bosses could be from the GU fields etc... leading up to end bosses (mysterious Data Bug). Obviously Mysterious Data Bug would be a CC2 creation relating to the MMO version.
All of the above adventure (the gap) would be leading up to a final boss fight. The gap being investigating areas, really buggy areas like outer dungeons, which lead to normal areas, and normal areas leading to fake lost grounds, and fragment areas like Net Slum. Obviously this is just my idea for a part, which could be expanded like what they do in most MMORPGs. Essentially they'd keep the .hack//: and "The World" feel, and incorporate a new story-line within the Online version.

Sorry if I ramble, but I get agitated that ppl believe this couldn't be a real MMORPG.

oops guess some one already explained most of what i said well at least i added to the support ^^ so it looks like 2 votes ^ ,(huge population) V
the odds look good XD
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Gungnir, please don't double post. You can always edit your previous post if you want to say anything else.