.hack//Link Anime.......

Celes

Re: .hack//Link Anime.......

Post by Celes »

wtf is that? really can't be .hack, lol
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

I rather Link have graphics similar to Sign, or Roots. This doesn't feel like Dot Hack.
Alisa makora

Post by Alisa makora »

yeah, i've seen screenshots of this, but i didnt believe it at first. .hack tends to evolve with time, yes, (compare the //SIGN anime to //ROOTS, its the same drawing style, but still different.)
but this? its like a complete 180. it confuses me, because its not a gradual change, its a b*tchslap of change.
and for the final installment, its definately takeing a risk. it wont feel like your watching ".hack" for the last time, i will feel like something completely different.
long story short? its bad marketing.
.hack is one of their cash cows, with all its various forms. if they wanted to go out with a bang, sure, ok, but this kinda bang is VERY risky. especially for the LAST installment of a series.
i dunno what bandai's thinking, really. but then again, you have to admire then for NOT playing it safe.

me? the art style isnt much my thing, but i'll probably still watch/play it.
kinda like i saw //G.U previews and thought "WTF HAVE THEY DONEEEE~!!WHO IS THIS EMO BRAT?!" and a year later ended up playing it and loveing steampunk'd mac anu. and the battle system is so much easier on the nerves then the previous games( I CANNOT DATA DRAIN THIS WHOLE DAMN FIELD OF BUGGED MONSTERS OR KITE WILL K.O.! ah memories)

so meh, i guess its not as much as a risk as you'd think since diehards run this fandom, but still.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

What screen shots? Theres screenshots?

Unless you mean the ones from the trailers. I thought those were just for the opening? I would love if the anime was with that style. I really don't see the complaints for this. The eyes/face do seem a little off. Though something I could get used to it. Outside the eyes and face I love the animation and style. Out of those three motivators only the last one has any truth in it(The 0.0 part, not the subscript to it). If its not your style, fine, but to compare it to GIFT and Shinchan (even used in a exaggeration)? Maybe they were just real hasty, and were mob inspired to make the comparison. Hopefully they went back and saw the animation for what it was. If not, then what Kuukai said should be applied.

Since I can't read Japanese the thing I'm looking forward to the most when my copy comes in the mail is the opening. Looks epic from what I've seen.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Just to be clear here.

The only kind of animation shots we've seen so far are from the game's opening, NOT the anime.
Alisa makora

Post by Alisa makora »

oh, its just the opening? ok then.
still, i dont MIND it, persay, i can get used to almost anything (just look at the random manga/anime/novels i have and you'll know i read anything. anything whatsoever, as long as the plots good.)

im just saying it'd be bad marketing to switch medium's for a final installment. alot of casual fans will look at a trailer of a game and go "that looks gross/wierd/bad graphics/not enough boobs/not enough pretty boys/etc. i wont buy it"( i have heard every one of those excuses.). plenty of people will look at a trailer and judge by images alone. and i will admit the opening sequence style isnt something alot of casual gamers/fans have seen.

EXAMPLE: that is the downfall of my favorite series (suikoden). its graphics are prone to being a little behind the rest of the games out ATM each volume is released, but it makes up for it with awesome plot and gameplay. still, not many people wanna take a chance on it (besides tierkries, which is like the deformed knockoff of suikoden. i'd recommend never takeing a chance on that.)

but yeah, as i said: people will judge a game by its trailers. if its something that they're not "into" or even "used to" the sales will plummet.

not bashing the art style at all, just worried about the business sense and the future "year of wraps ups" promised going down the drain if people dont buy it.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I don't see how its much of a turn off. It looks great. It might be a turn off to some .hack fans, but they are fans and will check out the game regardless. Or at least be smart enough to look into screenshots and gameplay.

I mean trailer with a bunch of fighters in an empty (possibly run down) city go all out at each other. Mysterious man (Balmung, but if they are "casual" or never played it thats what they will see) spreading massive wings on a school rooftop. Epic fighting and music. Hell, if the next Twilight movie had a trailer like that I would see it.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Hell, if the next Twilight movie had a trailer like that I would see it.
I trusted you, Tolby. T_T
twilight_keeper

Post by twilight_keeper »

GA!! Oh well, ignoring the story, it would seem more like a gaiden anyways...
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I'm sorry..

I needed something to rival his GIFT exaggeration. Did I go too far?