.hack//Link Anime.......

Maakasu

.hack//Link Anime.......

Post by Maakasu »

Im not going to say its bad.... But I just can't stand to watch that fricking animation when its released, even though I worship everything .hack and love all the shows... I just can't watch it.... The Anime style to it is amature and just to terrible. Im not surpirsed if .hack fans in Japan thought the same way and told CC2 this.
Terrible...Just terrible. Someone with Flash could make a better style animation of the show. (not a bad idea. Just keep the audio but replace the Animation.) I would even say its style is even worse looking than shin-chan(okay over exageration =P) even know shin-chan is supposed to look like that.

Now im not sure if thats not wats its going to look like really or not and jumping the gun... But if thats whats its going t0 be like, no matter how good the show is... All i can do is laugh if i watched it
No offense to anyone lol. I couldn't take it seriously with that animation style..... they could've done far better. Also im not sure if theres a purpose for it to look this horrific.... But I don't see any... espeically if this is going to be the last title under the .hack// name...... It just doesn't fit. Mabye if its a almost 100% comandy.

Say what you want. But it doesn't bother me. Its just an opinion.
Also for those Thread A holes with no lives ;) Im sticking with it. Be careful if u insult me, cause it might turn u into a hypocrit lol. Plus its a waste of ur time, I don't get angry easily. and usualy people lose in the matter. Or I just don't even bother with them cause their a pathetic waste of my time....

Oh yeah, Post ur opinion on the first glance of the Anime here if you want. All opinions Are welcomed.
Last edited by Maakasu on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maakasu

Re: .hack//Link Anime.......

Post by Maakasu »

I'll admit to it having a certain style but its far from magnificent art.... or even good..... But It doesn't fit .hack// It looks and feels out of the world of .hack// and its series.... Like I said it looks more along the lines of something like a .hack//Shin-Chan............ Not a serious .hack// game or anime... Looks like im sticking to the awesome looks of the Manga and not going to watch the poorly animated Show.......... Why CC2 why....?

The storyline better BE WAYYYYY Goofy like .hack//Gift, to fit this Art style. Cause I would not be able to take any of the fricking serious or sad parts, without laughing...... or smirking.... Oh well atleast the game isn't ruined *knock on wood*

Their not meant to be clever or funny..........>_>

cut off to much, It says at the end "Are you serious?, Am I supposed to
laugh....

"When I saw .hack//link art"
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Chillax, dude. It's only the opening animation to the game, not a full-blown anime.
Taisuru

Post by Taisuru »

I dunno, I kinda like it. It's got it's own unique feel to it. It reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on it...
emptyazureskies

Post by emptyazureskies »

i know its FLCL
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Shitty game, shitty animation. Why is this surprising?
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

I didn't know they were doing an opening. The details are omitted but I'm expecting something good. There is no animation so no use on that subject. What I'm trying to figure out now though is how it ties into the story. Is this similar to the opening loops from G.U. or an intro into the game? That said would this be the interpretation to the future from Tokio's mind. (Still confused about that real world into the background.)
Adhemas

Post by Adhemas »

The animation itself is very good. I think what you mean is the drawing/artstyle. But I dont think it's bad. Such styles are typical for Studio 4°C and I usually love it. I just think it doesn't really fit to .hack//Link. It's somehow too "cool" for this. It would fit better to some kind of pure action/adventure or smething like that. But I think it's okay. The only thing that annoys me is that it seems to much like a fighting shounen ala "save the world". Aren't all the backgrounds showing places of the real world? I hope they don't overdo it an show something like Digimon, where all the monsters and viruses are escaping from the virtual world to destroy the planet or something like that... =/
fepkk

Post by fepkk »

I really don't like this kind of animation. It just doesn't feel .hack series. What's more, take a look at Tokio's face. I ...I...I can think of no words to describe that(not in a good way).
eaglesiegle

Post by eaglesiegle »

the inly thing i dont like is the faces!!!! They look like they are on crack with the lines under their eyes!!! Plus I love dramatic eyes like in the other anime (roots and sign)
kai the pkk
The Fang King

Post by kai the pkk »

{facepalm} god tokio looks like he just took a massive **** in his pants in the the middle of the battle and is like " ohhhh whooops hehahahahaha" but i may be the only one here whos actually looking forward to this game i like the idea sort of and tokio regular appearance not that monstrasity looks actually good
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

AuraTwilight wrote:Shitty game, shitty animation. Why is this surprising?
Shitty commentary...

The opening by Studio 4°C is specifically supposed to look different. It has separate character designs by Shoujirou Nishimi, who is known for his very unique art style. This isn't indicative of any of the other projects, though, it's just something different they wanted to do, and I for one think it looks awesome. It kinda reminds me of the wacky awesome opening for Namco X Capcom. The other projects' character designs will look more Sadamoto-esque.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Only time can tell for Link, but so far it fails. I hope the game, anime, or the manga won't suck.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

I actualy kinda like the look. It gives it more of a unique looks. It kinda reminds me of the animation for skycrawlers and flcly
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

I like the look it's more original. I also think that it does have a less serious quality to it. I sometimes couldn't stand how serious some of the stuff from G.U. was when I first saw it. If you compare the anime shown in the trailer to some scenes from certain manga's (like XXXX, and G.U.+) it truly shows a more original style.
ShinoBee

Post by ShinoBee »

The animation style is cool and interesting, but I don't find it suitable for .hack.

Oh and I'm offended about comparing the designs to Crayon Shin-chan. The creator just died if you haven't realized it yet.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I think it would be suitable if it were actually used for a series, but the point is moot because it's not going to be. It's like the transition from Gunbuster to Diebuster, it's just bringing .hack into a more modern and organic form. If you ask me this works perfectly with cyberpunk, and I love what I've seen so far of the opening. It's not cheap or scribbly, anyone who thinks it looks like GIFT should be banned from watching anime...
eaglesiegle

Post by eaglesiegle »

Kuukai wrote:I think it would be suitable if it were actually used for a series, but the point is moot because it's not going to be. It's like the transition from Gunbuster to Diebuster, it's just bringing .hack into a more modern and organic form. If you ask me this works perfectly with cyberpunk, and I love what I've seen so far of the opening. It's not cheap or scribbly, anyone who thinks it looks like GIFT should be banned from watching anime...
I dont think it looks like GIFT but its weird. I like anime that has great very smooth lines and shapes that are realistic like the other .hack animes, blood+, and full metal alchemist.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

There's only one thing i complain about the "anime looks". The eyes.
Sure, it doesn't have to be all huge-anime-like eyes, and some level of realism can fit very well for .Hack....but those eyes are the WORST eyes i've EVER seen. They look all out of place, have an extreme detail that makes them look like girls about to become raped or during the rape, and other than that, show no absolute expression at all....just blankness apart from what i said. I'm beginning to forgive the LINK manga (well, more like "forget"), and i have high expectations for the game....but those eyes are something i just can't definetly ignore or try to look in a good way at all D: Screw style and being original and whatever, those eyes just suck.
Xanathos

Post by Xanathos »

Well, the only thing i can say about all this, is that... although i don't like the animation (and i've seen a lot of anime, with different kinds of animation before), it's not just the art but the storyline which gives me the creeps... anyway, as i said before, i hope that by supporting this, good projects as the first .hack games, and the G.U. series could come out in the future... as i said before, i don't mind waiting for a good game. Gives me time to see other things also.