.hack//Roots

Mizuneko2

.hack//Roots

Post by Mizuneko2 »

This is from my friend Scygoku on another forum site.
Scygoku wrote: Comrades of .hack! I bring news that must be known...

"New .Hack Anime Announced
During a press conference promoting the new .hack//G.U. Project, Bandai Visual announced that a new anime TV series titled ".hack//Roots" will air on TV Tokyo stations beginning in April. According to Moon Phase, the new anime will be a 26 episode series animated by Bee Train.

Source: Rakuga Kidou"

Edit:To note this is taken from animenation.com and [insert ninja here]
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

Well, then there's our confirmation, this Anime series will indeed be called .hack//ROOTS.

Quite an apt name for a prequel to the GU games, don't you think?

Considering the length of the series, which is pretty similar to .hack//SIGN, I have a feeling we won't need to wait too long to hear some more news on it.

What I want is a date...and possibly a few more characters.
Mizuneko2

Post by Mizuneko2 »

I'm happy it's a series and not an OVA. I hope I can get into the title. With April coming soon, there may be alot of info coming in this short amount of time.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

I can't wait. This series will have a lot of tie in with the new games that are coming out.
Aedgoll

Post by Aedgoll »

hopefully there will be some fansubs, otherwise we will be waiting a very long time.
velocity7

Post by velocity7 »

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/ ... 6/hack.htm
アニメ版はテレビ東京にて、4月5日より毎週水曜日放送。時間は深夜1時30分からの30分番組で、全26回の放送となる。シリーズ構成・脚本は川崎美羽氏。キャラクター監修は貞本義行氏。監督は「.hack//SIGN」と同じ真下耕一氏が務めている。制作はBee Train。オープニングはFictionJunktion YUUKA、エンディングはALI PROJECTが務める。
FictionJunction YUUKA is handling the opening song, and ALI-PROJECT is handling the ending.

Please note everyone that FictionJunction YUUKA has Yuki Kajiura in it. ;)
Mia

Post by Mia »

Hmm..so Kajiura will be making a come back? With that said,atleast there is something to look forward to this anime,besides it being GU related,the music will be hopefully pleasant.
Mizuneko2

Post by Mizuneko2 »

Aedgoll wrote:hopefully there will be some fansubs, otherwise we will be waiting a very long time.
Last year dothackers.net said they would be hosting fansubs using torrents.
Aedgoll

Post by Aedgoll »

Mizuneko2 wrote:
Aedgoll wrote:hopefully there will be some fansubs, otherwise we will be waiting a very long time.
Good, that also means we'll be getting some pretty decent subs too.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

Aedgoll wrote:
Mizuneko2 wrote:
It says hosting, not doing the translating. In any event, despite it may be dothack related content, it may be hosted by torrents and not actually on the site's webspace and bandwidth; I can't officially state dothackers.net will infact host a link for the torrent downloads for the fact it falls in the category of piracy which goes against the illeged rules. All the other media hosted on dothackers.net are not pirated material, all media are free available trailers acting as a mirror host for if and when the official site takes theirs down. (even though it's always said it would had been taken down early last year).
d5t

Post by d5t »

End of a Shadow wrote:
Aedgoll wrote:
Mizuneko2 wrote:
It says hosting, not doing the translating. In any event, despite it may be dothack related content, it may be hosted by torrents and not actually on the site's webspace and bandwidth; I can't officially state dothackers.net will infact host a link for the torrent downloads for the fact it falls in the category of piracy which goes against the illeged rules. All the other media hosted on dothackers.net are not pirated material, all media are free available trailers acting as a mirror host for if and when the official site takes theirs down. (even though it's always said it would had been taken down early last year).
I can say I personally thought about it; however it was never officially stated dothackers would host the anime, "just something". 8) An announcement on our stance will come soon.
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

i reckon that i can be patient with the series.

i'm just glad we at least know what to call it. :twisted:

Root's- it does make it appropriate.
TsukasaElkKite

Post by TsukasaElkKite »

Mizuneko2 wrote:
YES! :D hopefully someone will put them on YouTube.com too so the people who don't have Bitorrent will have access too
Mia

Post by Mia »

Can youtube.com really hold out an episode? All the links I have seen from there are either game footage/anime opening/fmv scenes on there,and they have been under 10 minutes at the most played. This is what I have seen,I have never seen an anime episode put up on that server.
Nenja

Post by Nenja »

Mia wrote:Can youtube.com really hold out an episode? All the links I have seen from there are either game footage/anime opening/fmv scenes on there,and they have been under 10 minutes at the most played. This is what I have seen,I have never seen an anime episode put up on that server.
yes but whit not as great quality as the torrent ones
here is a sample
http://www.youtube.com/w/video?v=l1a8fUp8SEg
Tsugasa-kun

Post by Tsugasa-kun »

Lets put it this way, if you put it on youtube.com, the company makes no money since the DVDs won't sell when they make them, then there won't be a project .Hack with lack of funding, honestly Don't host it to youtube cus that is a pain in the butt, just download or buy the DVDs when they appear. Also that would be great if Dothackers Hosted episodes Via Torrets
Wavemaster

Post by Wavemaster »

let us hope that however will fandub them they will do it correctly and try to keep close to the original script
Mitsuhide_Akechi

Post by Mitsuhide_Akechi »

I'd have to agree with Tsugasa on this, I have a feeling youtube will have to shut down that aspect at one time or another, but who am I to say.
I'd go with just buying the dvds right when they hit the shelves, maybe reserve a copy :3
Aedgoll

Post by Aedgoll »

if it does indeed go up for downloading, ill most definitely do that. Then later, ill most likely buy the DVDs, unless its abnormally crappy.
laysh
Sage of Earth
Sage of Earth

Post by laysh »

When I do buy the DVDs it would be the japanese ones. For 1 they hold alot more eps and 2nd they are less expensive.