.hack//Roots

laysh
Sage of Earth
Sage of Earth

Post by laysh »

When I do buy the DVDs it would be the japanese ones. For 1 they hold alot more eps and 2nd they are less expensive.
Maromi
moo.
moo.

Post by Maromi »

laysh wrote:When I do buy the DVDs it would be the japanese ones. For 1 they hold alot more eps and 2nd they are less expensive.
Those are bootlegs. Anything you see from Hong Kong, China, or Taiwan, is a 3-disc "complete box set," and is $10 is a bootleg.
laysh
Sage of Earth
Sage of Earth

Post by laysh »

havn't bought any box sets just DVDs that contain 8 eps
Aedgoll

Post by Aedgoll »

laysh wrote:havn't bought any box sets just DVDs that contain 8 eps
Those are bootlegs. Typical DVDs, even in japan, dont hold more then 4-5 episodes, otherwise they're sacrificing audio/video quality, and the amount of DVDs to sell
Maromi
moo.
moo.

Post by Maromi »

Heh, probably still bootlegged. Source?
Shinsou Wotan

Post by Shinsou Wotan »

Aedgoll wrote:Typical DVDs, even in japan, dont hold more then 4-5 episodes
Especially in Japan. I was there for a short time a few years ago, and visited a few video stores. The typical anime DVD contained three episodes, and cost 5800 yen (approximately US$50). If you were unlucky, it would be two episodes per disc, or if you were lucky, four or five.
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

hey a question, with the relevance of root's to GU,is there any link between relevance of sign to the original game's?
d5t

Post by d5t »

SnowManZero wrote:hey a question, with the relevance of root's to GU,is there any link between relevance of sign to the original game's?
Aura and Skeith are the two obvious connections that were in the original four games. Sora pops in too. Also the infamous "omg someone went into a coma while playing The World-- we must find out why" plot is dominant.
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

not what i meant, but thank's.

what i meant was that the name of the anime is root's and the anime would pressumably show, the 'root's' so to speak of the twilight brigade and all that.

is there anything of this nature which relate's sign to the game's?
d5t

Post by d5t »

SnowManZero wrote:not what i meant, but thank's.

what i meant was that the name of the anime is root's and the anime would pressumably show, the 'root's' so to speak of the twilight brigade and all that.

is there anything of this nature which relate's sign to the game's?
You're going to have to make it more clear next time. We don't know what Roots will have in regards to connections. However there are obvious links already. Haseo and Ovan appear in the anime and games. Shino's comatose state will probably be explained more in the anime. It's almost like you know the answer to your question, but state it anyways. :D Give yourself more credit. Roots takes place before the games according to the image timeline (the image is floating around somewhere). The Twilight Brigade which consists of Haseo, Ovan, and Shino (possibly other unannounced characters) will definately be part of the whole plot.

The OLD games take place after //sign. So it's in the same boat as the //GU games. Like I said before, Aura was present in both //sign and the games. The phases were also somewhat present in //sign and dominant in the games. I'm not sure what kind of answer you're looking for, but there are connections. Roots will seem to have more of a flow into the games. Sign and the OLD games "on the whole" were separate entities.
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate

Post by SnowManZero »

it's .hack therefore it's good! :twisted: