Anime Characters Confirmed

k-su

Re: Anime Characters Confirmed

Post by k-su »

Nenja wrote: do you have a biger picture of that?
Here, I enlarged the pic. I couldnt get really good resolution with it though.
Isaac GS

Post by Isaac GS »

Now that you mention it...
i knew something was bugging me about Ovan. he has a Piros head XD
they should fix that...
Shinsou Wotan

Post by Shinsou Wotan »

k-su wrote:Hey Idea...what if at the end of the anime, Shino gets DD'd by Tri-edge. We may not see Tri-edge till the end of the series.
This seems quite likely to me. The other possibility that comes to mind is for that to be somewhere around the midpoint, and the second half to focus on Haseo's rise as a PKK and his search for TriEdge. I'd say it will almost certainly end before where the GU+ manga begins, and that manga in turn will end not far into the first game.
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

Maromi wrote:Also, as much as I like Koichi Mashimo's work on all .hack anime, he's usually otherwise hit or miss. The pacing of his anime, including .hack//SIGN, can get a bit too slow-paced for many, filled with many unimportant, uneventful episodes. Noir had quite an interesting introduction, but easily could have been a 13-episode series; there was so much boring filler in between. Oh, and don't even get me started on Madlax. I'm sure he'll do fine with the //G.U. anime; but besides .hack//SIGN and .hack//Liminality, I've rarely liked his directing. I've got my fingers crossed, though.
Well, I guess his work isn't for everyone, but I love both .hack//SIGN and Noir. The pace isn't really that slow, its very difficult to make a story in which you empathise with the characters and understand the world they live in. While many may say some episodes were uneventful, none of them are unimportant as they always show us a side of the character that would otherwise go unnoticed.
Shinsou Wotan wrote:This seems quite likely to me. The other possibility that comes to mind is for that to be somewhere around the midpoint, and the second half to focus on Haseo's rise as a PKK and his search for TriEdge. I'd say it will almost certainly end before where the GU+ manga begins, and that manga in turn will end not far into the first game.
I'd have to agree with Shinsou, this series does indeed look like it will end where the Manga series begins, either with Shino's PK or with Haseo becoming the Terror of Death.

As critical as you all are, I'd have to say that it is certainly unfounded. These are simple, flat-coloured character designs that you can't even see up close. The anime series, as far as we know, has yet to be completed, but it shouldn't be hard to take these pictures and make them the high quality all .hack series have been. And for the record, as small as Ovan's head is, it seems to be pretty standard alongside a SIGN character.

So I say no criticism until we get some screenshots from the new series, then you may criticise away! ^_^
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

Umbra wrote:As critical as you all are, I'd have to say that it is certainly unfounded. These are simple, flat-coloured character designs that you can't even see up close. The anime series, as far as we know, has yet to be completed, but it shouldn't be hard to take these pictures and make them the high quality all .hack series have been. And for the record, as small as Ovan's head is, it seems to be pretty standard alongside a SIGN character.

So I say no criticism until we get some screenshots from the new series, then you may criticise away! ^_^
-_-' I stand by what I said...
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

i have to agree with the idea of Shinsou Wotan. this seem's like the best idea.

1 if they make it like sign, then the half way point would be the turning point and from then on, show haseo's decent into PKKness and the rest of that stuff.

2 if they make it full on action then it will still hold still just instead of talking about problems they show action scene's :twisted:

NEW ANIME! yeah!

as for the design's they don't seem that bad, but if they have it like this in the anime, then we/they are in trouble!
Nexus

Post by Nexus »

Shinsou Wotan wrote:
k-su wrote:Hey Idea...what if at the end of the anime, Shino gets DD'd by Tri-edge. We may not see Tri-edge till the end of the series.
This seems quite likely to me. The other possibility that comes to mind is for that to be somewhere around the midpoint, and the second half to focus on Haseo's rise as a PKK and his search for TriEdge. I'd say it will almost certainly end before where the GU+ manga begins, and that manga in turn will end not far into the first game.
That does seem most likely since this anime is supposed to take place during the Twilight Brigade.
TsukasaElkKite

Post by TsukasaElkKite »

*squeals like a fangirl*

OMFG will it be released in the States?
Maromi
moo.
moo.

Post by Maromi »

Anyone's free to criticize as much as he/she would like, Umbra; it provides a balance between positive and negative opinions. While these are most likely first drafts or early-production designs, it's fine to critique. First drafts or not, Ovan could use some serious work, in my opinion.

And regarding Noir, I disagree about each episode "...show[ing] us a side of the character that would otherwise go unnoticed;" but as to not stray off the topic, I'll just say that I'm hoping Mashimo works on his pacing issues.

As for an American release, it's up in the air, at this point. It'll make it here eventually, but the exact date is anyone's guess.
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

Maromi wrote:Anyone's free to criticize as much as he/she would like, Umbra; it provides a balance between positive and negative opinions. While these are most likely first drafts or early-production designs, it's fine to critique. First drafts or not, Ovan could use some serious work, in my opinion.
While it is true that I am not against criticism, this is mere insulting. Of course the series won't have pictures like these, no series has such amateur colouring.

I see very little work that needs to be done on Ovan, though you say his head is small, the same could be said for Bear, Krim, Silver Knight, etc. as they all have similar proportions. This more mature style of anime uses more realistic proportions than the child-like style adopted by LotT.

I see very little wrong with the character designs, and as I said before, it'd be fairly cheap to denounce this series without even seeing a screenshot. You'd be surprised how much a simple touch-up does to a picture, while I flat-colour may look horrible, it usually turns out to be brilliant when complete. This is even more likely with Ovan as you can see very little of his features past his glasses, sealed arm, etc.
Cellos-CBK

Re: Anime Characters Confirmed

Post by Cellos-CBK »

k-su wrote:
Nenja wrote: do you have a biger picture of that?
Here, I enlarged the pic. I couldnt get really good resolution with it though.
you always get a bad resolution when you blow up the pic.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

I can't wait. I bet it will be a lot better than Legend of the Twilight Bracelet. I wonder what channel it will be on when it is released.
Broken-Zaku

Post by Broken-Zaku »

Cless wrote:I can't wait. I bet it will be a lot better than Legend of the Twilight Bracelet. I wonder what channel it will be on when it is released.
Most likely cartoon network :(
Oukatetsuiga23

Post by Oukatetsuiga23 »

If its Dark enough, especially with some of its PKing themes, Adult Swim may be nice to us and pick it up instead. 8)
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Oukatetsuiga23 wrote:If its Dark enough, especially with some of its PKing themes, Adult Swim may be nice to us and pick it up instead. 8)
Good point and I can't wait. I just hope it doesn't become like .Hack//SIGN when it ends. That sucks and I wish they would show it again.
Cellos-CBK

Post by Cellos-CBK »

Broken-Zaku wrote:
Cless wrote:I can't wait. I bet it will be a lot better than Legend of the Twilight Bracelet. I wonder what channel it will be on when it is released.
Do you not have that sation?
Broken-Zaku

Post by Broken-Zaku »

Cellos-CBK wrote:
Broken-Zaku wrote:
No i have tons of channels that's not it i just don't like cartoon network because if it's on cartoon network and not [adult swim] they cut out all the good stuff
Cellos-CBK

Post by Cellos-CBK »

Broken-Zaku wrote:
Cellos-CBK wrote:
Broken-Zaku wrote:
No i have tons of channels that's not it i just don't like cartoon network because if it's on cartoon network and not [adult swim] they cut out all the good stuff
Oh yes you do have a point... they'll mess it up like they messed up other shows.
Broken-Zaku

Post by Broken-Zaku »

Cellos-CBK wrote:
Broken-Zaku wrote:
Cellos-CBK wrote:
Broken-Zaku wrote:
Oh yes you do have a point... they'll mess it up like they messed up other shows.
And that's the way the world goes round if we are lucky maybe someone will fansub it
Cellos-CBK

Post by Cellos-CBK »

Broken-Zaku wrote:
Cellos-CBK wrote:
Broken-Zaku wrote:
Cellos-CBK wrote:
Broken-Zaku wrote:
And that's the way the world goes round if we are lucky maybe someone will fansub it
Man Maybe some one sould do the Anime's Right. Like Toonami's Midnight run when it was still around.