Anime Characters Confirmed

PyroTwilight

Post by PyroTwilight »

SnowManZero wrote:
PyroTwilight wrote:Ovan's anime face reminds me of Neo. :shock:
neo from where? the matrix?
Their are other Neo's? Yeah, from the Matrix.
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

just the way it was worded confused me is all.

i think that everyone has agreed that ovan look's like comander Ikari. let us hope that he is not like him in personality.*shudder's in corner* :shock:

and i can see why people can think that haseo look's like a super saiyan. it's mainly the hair and the fact that in the image he's glowing but i can still see it. :twisted:

that tear drop under shino's eye annoys me. i don't know why it just does. :roll: :twisted:
Ritrox

Post by Ritrox »

that tear drop under shino's eye annoys me. i don't know why it just does.
that was a tear? I thought it was a water alignment mark or something. they were symetrical and purple so I assumed... :oops:
i can see why people can think that haseo look's like a super saiyan. it's mainly the hair and the fact that in the image he's glowing but i can still see it.
Finally! some one actually sees wat I'm talking about! It's about time! :)
boy123

Post by boy123 »

with these much characters hard to find a story for them
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

Well, though it may seem hard, many of us agree on a basic outline of the plot for .hack//ROOTS

We believe that the series will begin with Haseo logging in for the first time, as a newbie, and being PKed. He is then offered a place in the Twilight Brigade by Ovan, who's primary goal is to find the Key of the Twilight.

However, we assume that they failed in this quest, as we know Ovan disbanded the Guild. I'm guessing that the series will either end with the Guild disbanding and Shino being PKed by Tri-Edge, or with Haseo becoming the Terror of Death.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Not sure if it was Mashimo with the pacing problem, or if it's Ito's fault... He was responsible for most of the script...

Also, is there any information in The World vol.2 about Tabby, the other main character in Roots? Moon Phase mentions her, and it seems weird if there's no info about her anywhere else... She's voiced by Mimiru's va, dunno anything else though...

(Sorry, I'm recovering from information deprivation over the time I've been gone ^^;;; I'll try my best to catch up over the next few days and be useful...)
milliennium_fox

Post by milliennium_fox »

Nobody's mentioned that character before here in the forums...
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

That's unusual, Mimiru's VA does the voice of Sakubo...

However, I've never heard of Tabby before, we need pictures, class, information!
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Well, lot's of the VAs do more than one character...
Umbra wrote:That's unusual, Mimiru's VA does the voice of Sakubo...

However, I've never heard of Tabby before, we need pictures, class, information!
We got.. this... ^^;

I'm keeping my eyes on the Japanese bbs, beetrain, tv-tokyo, and bandai visual's websites though... Hasn't been mentioned yet ^^; I'd bring it up on the BBS, but I now get the distinct impression no one would know anything about it... I don't doubt the accuracy of this site though... They got the rest of their info perfectly right, can't see how they'd just make up a character...
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

is that the jap. VA or the english VA?
k-su

Post by k-su »

Question: Why is Shino's anime character like the exact opposite of her game/manga character, in terms of colors and stuff? I mean just wondering, I looked at her bio in the GU game section and the anime section and she's either wearing the black like in my cool sig I made today or wearing white in the anime. Is there some sort of paradox or did something happen to change her colors or is it just the interpretation of the character Shino?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Good question.
SnowManZero wrote:
is that the jap. VA or the english VA?
Uh, I don't think we know any of the English voiceactors for anything regarding G.U. yet, so you can safely assume Japanese...
Wavemaster

Post by Wavemaster »

k-su wrote:Question: Why is Shino's anime character like the exact opposite of her game/manga character, in terms of colors and stuff? I mean just wondering, I looked at her bio in the GU game section and the anime section and she's either wearing the black like in my cool sig I made today or wearing white in the anime. Is there some sort of paradox or did something happen to change her colors or is it just the interpretation of the character Shino?
the black one is shino

the white one is atoli

shino was DD/comatose while playing the game then haseo set out to find what happened, atoli is just playing a almost identicle character model as shino
Shinsou Wotan

Post by Shinsou Wotan »

Wavemaster wrote:
k-su wrote:Question: Why is Shino's anime character like the exact opposite of her game/manga character, in terms of colors and stuff? I mean just wondering, I looked at her bio in the GU game section and the anime section and she's either wearing the black like in my cool sig I made today or wearing white in the anime. Is there some sort of paradox or did something happen to change her colors or is it just the interpretation of the character Shino?
the black one is shino

the white one is atoli

shino was DD/comatose while playing the game then haseo set out to find what happened, atoli is just playing a almost identicle character model as shino
Actually, k-su is right. In everything game- and manga-related, Shino is in black. In all anime-related drawings we've seen so far, she's in white. No one knows why yet.
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

There could be any number of reasons for this.

Shino may appear white in the Anime simply because she was interpreted differently. The same thing happened to Hotaru, while she was pink in the anime, she was green in the manga.

It may be that she changed her character colour at some point, in the same way Subaru went from pink to white. She may have become black after the Twilight Brigade disbanded.

There is a chance that Shino changed colour as a result of the DD, though there is no evidence to prove this.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

It could be some sort of Wizard of Oz thing like what happened with Tsukasa. Perhaps Shino's and Atoli's characters look identical, but then Haseo met Atoli and mentally recolored Shino to keep them apart...or...something.

Ok, so it's a stupid idea. Nevermind -_- I'm calling Subaru Clause on this one.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

There were all sorts of subtle differences between the character designs in the Udeden manga and anime since the anime was umm... Wrong... Another is Kamui's eye...

My theory is that after joining the guild she picks a "darker" color scheme, but who knows?
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

It seems to me that Shino was a member of the Twilight Brigade when Haseo first joined The World R:2.

The information we are given tells us that Haseo was attacked by PKs when he first logged in. We are also told that Shino helped fight off the PKs that attacked Haseo.

I think its the opposite, Shino could have changed her colour when the Twilight Brigade was disbanded.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I like Umbra's idea. Perhaps she's grieving for the loss of that bond she had for all her friends.
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate

Post by SnowManZero »

umbra's idea sound's good.

i noticed that even though there is a blinding light in the trailer when we see shino, she does look like she's wearing black clothe's. even in contrast to the white light, if it were pink it wouldn't that strong/dark.

the TB(twilight brigade) could have disbanded, shino change's colour's, keep's in contact with haseo, they go somewhere to talk-grima lowe and tri-edge show's up and whip's there ass :twisted:

start of game :twisted:

hey grima lowe and HFHG-are they the same place?