Anime Characters Confirmed

Maromi
moo.
moo.

Post by Maromi »

Umbra wrote:This more mature style of anime uses more realistic proportions than the child-like style adopted by LotT.
Mature style? They're pretty rudimentary anime designs. Realistic proportions? The rest of the characters are fine; Ovan's head, compared with the rest of his lanky body and ridiculously huge gun, appears too unproportional for my tastes. However, the other angles appear less, well, awkward and rag dollish. The //SIGN characters you mentioned are fine; however, Bear's game design bugged me.

LotT is a chibi anime, intentionally creating massive heads and black holes for eyes, so you can't really compare the two. Like Atoli's way-too-skinny legs in the manga (or Shino, I forget), the first shot of Ovan looks pretty damn fugly. Thankfully, it's looking like more like an angle issue than anything.
Cellos-CBK

Post by Cellos-CBK »

Maromi wrote:
Umbra wrote:This more mature style of anime uses more realistic proportions than the child-like style adopted by LotT.
Mature style? They're pretty rudimentary anime designs. Realistic proportions? The rest of the characters are fine; Ovan's head, compared with the rest of his lanky body and ridiculously huge gun, appears too unproportional for my tastes. However, the other angles appear less, well, awkward and rag dollish. The //SIGN characters you mentioned are fine; however, Bear's game design bugged me.

LotT is a chibi anime, intentionally creating massive heads and black holes for eyes, so you can't really compare the two. Like Atoli's way-too-skinny legs in the manga (or Shino, I forget), the first shot of Ovan looks pretty damn fugly. Thankfully, it's looking like more like an angle issue than anything.
Can I ask Why di d bear's design bug you.
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

i personally don't like the whole bear/orca avatar. look's weird and the colour's are retarded.

i personally hope that it has fast paced action then sign did. with this storyline and the whole PK versus PKK setting then this would seem like the appropriate thing to go for.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Bear pwns.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

In .Hack//GIFT he slouches the whole time. I get to see a legend and he slouches the whole time making it impossible to see a neat character design.

*I actually said this while watching .Hack//GIFT.*

"Come on Heros don't slouch!"
Maromi
moo.
moo.

Post by Maromi »

The transition of his design from the anime to the game bugged me, not his anime design. His face was all scrunched.

But yes, d5t, he still pwns.
Boba

Post by Boba »

I hope anime is of high quality.
The reason I quit watching .Hack//Bracelet is not because of the designs, that it was all chibi, but because everything was so poorly drawn(along with other reasons).
Like they just went so quickly through it.
So I hope they spend more time on these to make it look more like, or better, than .Hack//Sign.
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

my guess is that it will be a 26(give or take) ep. serie's not like LOTB. that was an off the cut alternate ending and it was alot better in the manga anyway.

am i the only one who think's that haseo's hair look's sort of like 'a fish out of water' sort of thing? i mean his hair is white to grey and every other colour on him is black and red minus the skin.

and i still think that bear and orca suck! :twisted:
wave killer
The Inbetweener
The Inbetweener

Post by wave killer »

Well its like I said, those could just be rough drafts. Besides from what I know the anime charather designer isn't sadamoto, so those designs could be just one work off from another. Just look at Lottb, Shugo and Rena are so post to look just like Kite and BlackRose, but they don't because its a different art style from the original. Plus these are drawings, not computer graphics. So of course they're going to look different.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Doesn't it seem that most animes seen like Cowboy Bebop has used Computer graphics and still does a good job. If the new anime does that what do you think the audiance will think.
wave killer
The Inbetweener
The Inbetweener

Post by wave killer »

Cless wrote:Doesn't it seem that most animes seen like Cowboy Bebop has used Computer graphics and still does a good job. If the new anime does that what do you think the audiance will think.
Well as long as it doesn't make the charathers look stupid then its fine with me.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

wave killer wrote:
Cless wrote:Doesn't it seem that most animes seen like Cowboy Bebop has used Computer graphics and still does a good job. If the new anime does that what do you think the audiance will think.
Well as long as it doesn't make the charathers look stupid then its fine with me.
In other words good presentation is suffice. I have to agree but I like the sketches of the characters even though I seen most of them on the trailer.
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

SnowManZero wrote:am i the only one who think's that haseo's hair look's sort of like 'a fish out of water' sort of thing? i mean his hair is white to grey and every other colour on him is black and red minus the skin.
What? Do you mean in the Anime series or simply in general? I think the hair provides a nice constrast with his armour, that'd be like saying that Blackrose's pink hair doesn't go with her gold and purple armour.

I'm guessing you are the only one who thinks this.
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate

Post by SnowManZero »

What? Do you mean in the Anime series or simply in general? I think the hair provides a nice constrast with his armour, that'd be like saying that Blackrose's pink hair doesn't go with her gold and purple armour.

I'm guessing you are the only one who thinks this.
yeah your probably right about that. i was just looking at the images and though that looked wierd is all. :lol:

hey, the twilight brigade, is that just oven,haseo and shino or is it others aswell? :?
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

I have no idea but I'm assuming there were members besides the three, it just seems that Haseo, Shino, and Ovan are the members that feature in the overall storyline.

I'm guessing that there are other members purely because it makes more sense.

With Guilds such as Kestrel and the Lunar Tree whose member count rises into the thousands, it simply seems unlikely that a Guild that Haseo thinks so highly of had only two members aside from himself.
Sephiroth-Chaoswing

Post by Sephiroth-Chaoswing »

The anime doesn't look so good. They should use the art style of .hack//SIGN and similar music
Oukatetsuiga23

Post by Oukatetsuiga23 »

Please dont throw out an ignorant comment of saying it doesnt look good,just from these very few pictures that no one is even sure is final.
I'm very confident that this anime might be just good if not better than SIGN.
Cellos-CBK

Post by Cellos-CBK »

Maromi wrote:The transition of his design from the anime to the game bugged me, not his anime design. His face was all scrunched.

But yes, d5t, he still pwns.
I see well if he's not what he's supose to look like I'd be mad to.
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate

Post by SnowManZero »

Please dont throw out an ignorant comment of saying it doesnt look good,just from these very few pictures that no one is even sure is final.
I'm very confident that this anime might be just good if not better than SIGN.
yeah and the fact that these look like they are is by no mean's the final product.

i mean in my art class, i'm always told if i have time, even the smallest change is an improvement.

these would have to be preliminary and are being improved(probably) as we speak.

a big thank's to umbra for getting them.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

I think they look good. but yeah I'm kind of glade that it bitter then .Hack//Gift I'm not saying Gift was bad it was just funny this new anime is one step bitter but yeah I also almost fell pity for Haseo, Shino and Oven so this must be the story how Shino got Data Drain by Tri-Edge. before .Hack//G.U. started so it might have some clues or it done in an diffrent POV like in .Hack//Sign and .Hack//Liminality. but yes at lest now we know what Anime is coming with .Hack//G.U.