Anime Characters Confirmed

Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Anime Characters Confirmed

Post by Umbra »

Image Image

Well, it seems that one of my theories was correct, this new anime series will, apparently, be based on the story of Haseo, Shino, Ovan, and the Twilight Brigade.

Of course, I suspect that the images will be of a better quality in the actual series, but I still feel that these are quite good! ^_^ I especially like the look of Shino.

It seems, through Google's rather crude translating system, that Koichi Mashimo, the director of .hack//SIGN, will be directing this series! Of course, this will need confirmation.
wave killer
The Inbetweener
The Inbetweener

Post by wave killer »

Those could be just rough drafts of the real thing.
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

wave killer wrote:Those could be just rough drafts of the real thing.
I'd have to agree, its quite common for anime series to do previews with similar, flat-colour images.
Nexus

Post by Nexus »

Well hopefully it will either have the same quality .hack//SIGN did or better. I am looking forward to not just the story but the music as well.
Nenja

Post by Nenja »

well i wonder if the anime gonna be based on the game story or afther the game.

also Atoli face look like Mimiru face
wave killer
The Inbetweener
The Inbetweener

Post by wave killer »

Nenja wrote:well i wonder if the anime gonna be based on the game story or afther the game.

also Atoli face look like Mimiru face
It will most likely be before the game and thats not Atoli, thats someone else, and she doesn't look like Mimiru to me.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

wave killer wrote: It will most likely be before the game and thats not Atoli, thats someone else, and she doesn't look like Mimiru to me.
Umbra wrote: apparently, be based on the story of Haseo, Shino, Ovan, and the Twilight Brigade
Broken-Zaku

Post by Broken-Zaku »

I wonder if somebody will fansub it when it comes out
Nenja

Re: Anime Characters Confirmed

Post by Nenja »

Umbra wrote: Image
do you have a biger picture of that?

also i got confused again i dint look well the model of shino.
Broken-Zaku

Re: Anime Characters Confirmed

Post by Broken-Zaku »

Nenja wrote:
Umbra wrote: Image
do you have a biger picture of that?

also i got confused again i dint look well the model of shino.
No thats the only picture of that
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

So the rumor about a new .Hack// anime series is true? This is going to be good. I wonder what we will find in the new version.
ChaozWolfe

Post by ChaozWolfe »

Im sure praying that those are just the rough drafts, I dont really like the look of any of them.Oven looks dumb, Haseo looks diffrent and Shino looks like Mimiru! They better fix it! :evil:
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

ChaozWolfe wrote:Im sure praying that those are just the rough drafts, I dont really like the look of any of them.Oven looks dumb, Haseo looks diffrent and Shino looks like Mimiru! They better fix it! :evil:
What?! Are you sure. They look cool even thought I haven't memorized their names very well.
ChaozWolfe

Post by ChaozWolfe »

They dont look like they do in the games nor the Manga, They look good in those
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

ChaozWolfe wrote:They dont look like they do in the games nor the Manga, They look good in those
A manga. What is it called. Please fill me in. Okay I kind of see what you mean about the character sketches but I'm glad to see them finally out.
Nexus

Post by Nexus »

Cless wrote:
ChaozWolfe wrote:They dont look like they do in the games nor the Manga, They look good in those
A manga. What is it called. Please fill me in. Okay I kind of see what you mean about the character sketches but I'm glad to see them finally out.
Check the second news article on this forums website. They have the first chapter scanlated.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Cool. I'll check it out right now. Thanks.
Isaac GS

Post by Isaac GS »

the front page says Atoli, but that doesn't make much sense. Having the anime tell the tale of Shino would make far more sense. We couldn't have both an Anime and Manga adaptation of the games; that would be unnecessarily repetitive and would likely have many contradictions. besides, that doesn't match Atoli's character art. this really does look interesting so far. I like the way they're setting up the new world.
I'm curious though, does anyone know about how long it was after //Sign came out in japan before it was translated and brought over here?
Maromi
moo.
moo.

Post by Maromi »

Eh, Ovan's proportions kind of suck. His (hopefully) current design looks pretty damn hideous, and his particularly small head irritates me. I was hoping for a more consistent, overall character design, but I'm not sure how I feel about the transition between mediums thus far.

Also, as much as I like Koichi Mashimo's work on all .hack anime, he's usually otherwise hit or miss. The pacing of his anime, including .hack//SIGN, can get a bit too slow-paced for many, filled with many unimportant, uneventful episodes. Noir had quite an interesting introduction, but easily could have been a 13-episode series; there was so much boring filler in between. Oh, and don't even get me started on Madlax. I'm sure he'll do fine with the //G.U. anime; but besides .hack//SIGN and .hack//Liminality, I've rarely liked his directing. I've got my fingers crossed, though.
k-su

Post by k-su »

yeah truely. If you compare the anime pics with the game/manga pics, you see that alot of detail has yet to be added to the anime incarnations, so i'm hoping they are only the early designs. Although they all look pretty bad, I think Haseo came out pretty good, except his hairdo is messed up and he looks like a little punk kid wearing tights. I dont think his pants were that tight. Ovan's picture is garbage, really. I think Shino's look is good except her face. I dont like to be critical of .hack, but when I see something like that, it kinda frustrates my hype .hack//CRAZY mood. Hopefully they'll fix this and the story will be very fastpaced with lots of fight, only when necesarry. As it is now, I could make a way better rendition of the GU characters than what I see in those pics( it wouldnt have all the color detail though cuz I'm still working on coloring on the computer in high quality).
Hey Idea...what if at the end of the anime, Shino gets DD'd by Tri-edge. We may not see Tri-edge till the end of the series. Also, we have to hope that it doesnt end before he gets the cool armor, because it doesnt appear to me that The Twilight Brigade is together when he has the armor.

This news just gets me ever more hyped up about 2006, the year of .hack!!!!