Anime Characters Confirmed

SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

Please dont throw out an ignorant comment of saying it doesnt look good,just from these very few pictures that no one is even sure is final.
I'm very confident that this anime might be just good if not better than SIGN.
yeah and the fact that these look like they are is by no mean's the final product.

i mean in my art class, i'm always told if i have time, even the smallest change is an improvement.

these would have to be preliminary and are being improved(probably) as we speak.

a big thank's to umbra for getting them.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

I think they look good. but yeah I'm kind of glade that it bitter then .Hack//Gift I'm not saying Gift was bad it was just funny this new anime is one step bitter but yeah I also almost fell pity for Haseo, Shino and Oven so this must be the story how Shino got Data Drain by Tri-Edge. before .Hack//G.U. started so it might have some clues or it done in an diffrent POV like in .Hack//Sign and .Hack//Liminality. but yes at lest now we know what Anime is coming with .Hack//G.U.
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

Here's another official image from the GU anime, I believe this proves that the Anime will indeed share the style and quality of .hack//SIGN before it.

Hmm, this picture gives me an 'I told you so' feeling, don't you think?

What I'd really like to know is what it says...
wave killer
The Inbetweener
The Inbetweener

Post by wave killer »

Sweet!
Wavemaster

Post by Wavemaster »

second that with a

DUDE!!!
Aedgoll

Post by Aedgoll »

thats awesome, it looks great and we can only hope that it will be great.

Haseo has to be a total pain to draw though, all those different sections to his costume and all the colors..
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

It'd be too much to post the three Character Design pages here, so linkeh:

Haseo

Shino

Ovan

It's nice to see how the characters are pieced together and I quite like the tear-drop under Shino's left eye. I'd like to have the writing on these pages translated though...
TsukasaElkKite

Post by TsukasaElkKite »

Wavemaster wrote:second that with a

DUDE!!!
third that with a *dies, then is brought back to life* :D
Tsugasa-kun

Post by Tsugasa-kun »

The way they did ovan and haseo's head is horrible, Haseo looks like goku, and Ovan looks like that one guy from eveangelion. Then you have Shino who looks like Blackrose but she isint a guruguru girl or whatever the word is. and it would be awesome if Blackrose and Mimiru jumped in and said "COPYCAT!!" right to her face! that would make my day.
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

I fail to see the similarity between Goku and Haseo...though they do have the same number of eyes, but I believe that is where the similarities end.

There are several characters that could look like some guy from Evangelion as there is such a variety in terms of style.

Again, I fail to see any similarity between Blackrose and Shino aside from hair colour.
k-su

Post by k-su »

Tsugasa-kun wrote:The way they did ovan and haseo's head is horrible, Haseo looks like goku, and Ovan looks like that one guy from eveangelion. Then you have Shino who looks like Blackrose but she isint a guruguru girl or whatever the word is. and it would be awesome if Blackrose and Mimiru jumped in and said "COPYCAT!!" right to her face! that would make my day.
That's who Ovan reminds me of: Commander Ikari from Evangelion. Shinji's almost heartless father. I think Haseo's hair should have been abit more down in the back, except when he's all wicked looking in his armor or like in the manga. They should have used the manga character designs. That'd of been uber cool.
Ritrox

Post by Ritrox »

Look at goku when he is in ss1. then turn his hair white.
can you see it now?
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Well now that I see this I see that Haseo would look like he's from Dragonball Z World...but that Tear on Shino face looks good but her face almost dose look kind of like BlackRose...just an tiny bit. as Oven remind me of someone who I saw in an Diffrent Anime but yeah it and nice pic of the new Anime.
Tsugasa-kun

Post by Tsugasa-kun »

in the smaller thumbnail version he looks like a f---in super sayin! and ovan looks like the sergent army dude from eveangelion cept he has blue hair
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

Ritrox wrote:Look at goku when he is in ss1. then turn his hair white.
can you see it now?
You mean when their hair turns blond? Nope, I'm afraid I still fail to see the difference, in the large picture his hair is blowing around anyway and in the smaller pictures you cn clearly see the shape of his hair in the side-on image. Putting this aside, I'm sure you realise that spiky hair is not uncommon amongst anime characters.
Tsugasa-kun wrote:ovan looks like the sergent army dude from eveangelion cept he has blue hair
Apart from the fact that both wear glasses, which seems to be an indication of Administrative duties in GU, I fail to see the similarities here as well. In that respect, I believe Ovan looks no more like Commander Ikari than Yata would.

You will have to accept that because all anime shows are drawn in an anime style that they will all have similarities when compared to other shows. You need to indicate a few more similarities when comparing two characters other than the shape of their hair at a particular angle or the fact that they wear glasses for your criticism to be especially valid.
Tsugasa-kun

Post by Tsugasa-kun »

he still looks like comander Ikari, minus blue hair.
Zeicule

Post by Zeicule »

Lets just hope that the story and charachters have the same depth as they did in //SIGN
Nexus

Post by Nexus »

Does anyone know if and when a promo of the anime will be available?
PyroTwilight

Post by PyroTwilight »

Ovan's anime face reminds me of Neo. :shock:
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

PyroTwilight wrote:Ovan's anime face reminds me of Neo. :shock:
neo from where? the matrix?