whole new .hack story or old story in anime form?

new story or old story like the games in anime form?

new story
78%
old story in anime form
22%

Total votes: 45

TheWall267

whole new .hack story or old story in anime form?

Post by TheWall267 »

hey guys im just wondering which you would like better a new story or an old story just in anime form. i personally think there should be a whole new story because the .hack series needs to make up for its fall in LOtT (i didnt think LOtT was bad, but geez some of you have strong opinions about it lol).
crosbie394

Post by crosbie394 »

Re-releasing the story of the original four games in anime form would be a great way to introduce people to the world, and fully explain the plot to them, so they know what the hell is going on. It would also be cool to see some of those great fights translated into the anime world.

I am hoping for this tbh, as it could theoretically, create a lot more fans of the licence.
zozoR

Post by zozoR »

The games in anime, would not really be that cool...

there are waay too many databugs, and it would be very hard to make it have sense in any way

so ill want a new anime, that could somehow intruduce us to G.U
Moorchild

Post by Moorchild »

I don't know where they would put in a new story - every part of the timeline has been taken. Unless, of course, it takes place between //legend of the twilight bracelet and //g.u. That would actually be very useful for the .hack// franchise, exciting and preparing .hack-fans for g.u.'s story.

Seems silly to place it after G.U., seems pointless to make it before AI Buster. Can't think of anything important that happened between the original games and AI that hasn't been mentioned.
The Partisan
Location: Where fantasy meets reality, and technology is caught in between.

Post by The Partisan »

True. They've pretty much eliminated any plot holes that can be filled with a story of any kind.

My guess is they'll pull a stunt like Liminality and illustrate a separate story that runs parallel to the events of G.U. It can be set in the online game or the real world. It might even be cool to see both at the same time. You know, see the people behind the avatars.
Antares

Post by Antares »

I agree with the The Partisan. I think it would be great to have story of the poeple behind the avatar. Running it at the same time of the release of the game. Ingenious.
quackers/pbj

Post by quackers/pbj »

i would rather have anime thats is in between lotb and g.u. to maybe show how the world became an outlaw type of place kinda how suign lead in to the games with skieth and aura now being able to move around
Guardian Ubiquitous

Post by Guardian Ubiquitous »

Odds are that it will be a new story rather than an old story in anime form. It is best that a story remains in the form that it was made in. If it is altered into a different form, the fans would of the old form would not take kindly to it.

Take the LotR movies for example. There are those who loved them, and then there were the fans of the books that hated them. Taking one story from one medium and changing it into another is a very risky move to take; you'll never know how fans would react.
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

An Anime show set some time after 'The World R:2' was released would be a neat idea...

It'd familiarise us with the new Character Classes, show us how and why The World has become a haven for PKs, and give us an overview to the events that led up to the GU games.

Who knows, if that's what they plan to do, we may even see Tri-Edge at some point...
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

they already said G.U. will have OVAs like the previous games but they have been explained pretty well with .hack I/M/O/Q and Another Birth. a new story would be great perhaps one from fragment or if they made it from the manga about what happens to Sora.
Savior

Post by Savior »

i think that a whole new story would be better. new characters, a new storyline, and a new set of (actual) villians would be a refreashing change :P
Haro
Location: hangin with sawo on the otherside of the hybrid rainbow...

Post by Haro »

personally i would like a new story with the art style from Sign, i dident like lotll all that much, to chibi and cutesy, mabey some thing to do with alberio would be nice.
ULFRIC

Post by ULFRIC »

I think they should make an anime
About The Twilight Brigade
We could c wat they were all about
Snake

Post by Snake »

I think a new story would be better because why do an old story that we already knows what is going to happen than making a new one and keep the viewers guessing what is going to happen.
Zeicule

Post by Zeicule »

I go with snake. I would rather have some plot twists and not know what's coming rather than to know what's going to happen and when it is. But also, if they redo the game story in anime form for example, it would also bring more people into .dot hack. Either way is fine with me :D
Kite_2000
The Terror of Death
The Terror of Death

Post by Kite_2000 »

I heard that it was a follow of G.U. 0_o
Tenma6

Post by Tenma6 »

i wonder what it will actually be..
maybe this time they combine the animé with online and offline stories.

example: it be cool to see the player itself, doing all kinds of stuff outside and also see him or her play in 'the world'.

so far i've only seen animations that hasn't done both.
SIGN = in-game
Liminailty = real life
LOTB = in-game

though sign and lotb has fragments of the real world, yet not good enough... so yeah.. it be great to see both sides :)
k-su

Post by k-su »

I'd like to see what happened in the years between Legend of th TWilight and the CCCorp fire leading up to GU. WHat was going on in the World,while it went silently from us, hiding about 3 years of stories we have no idea about. That would also be a good idea for bringing closure to the previous characters from other .hack series. Like seeing Kite and Shugo meet like Balmung asked of them in the manga or what other players were up to in the game and see their perspective.
Another nice thing would be a documentary on the events before .hack( ie The Deadly Flash and Pluto's kiss as well as the events that led up to the monopoly that became Altimit. They could also have the story of Emma and Harold and how he came to create The World, in hopes of providing himself and Emma a daughter. Such technical things such as the whole programming of the world, explanations of the black box and the Wavering program could also be provided. Things pertaining to the real world and The World could be implemented into the new anime or a small ova.
Maybe even info regarding what R2 originally was to be.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

If they add new material and a new story I'd like that.