New .hack anime announced

Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I wonder, if its bootleged, does that mean it won't work?
Maromi
moo.
moo.

Post by Maromi »

Actually, the video quality in most bootlegs, including .hack//SIGN, is actually quite good. It's the Engrish subtitles that are unbelivably shitty. To avoid bootlegs, stay away from anything thats region is listed as "NTSC" or "None;" Region 1 is legit. Also, when you see a "3 disk box set" selling for $10 when the anime is still unlicensed in America, that should give you a hint that it's a bootleg fresh from Hong Kong.
Dragoon2044
Silent Assassin of the
Silent Assassin of the

Post by Dragoon2044 »

The dvd set I have looks really nice even if it may be bootlegged. I got mine back in january of this year and i've watched it 3-4 times up til now. The video, audio, and display work perfectly. There is no skipping, no jumping, no subliminal messages or anything like that.

It is actually just like a real genuine setup for a dvd anime. The set also has the three extra episodes and is region 0 meaning it can be played in all regions.

The set is a bit smaller than a slim ps2 and opens up like a broshure(sp?) with the 3 dvd's side by side full of artwork on the cds and the rest of the cd artwork in the box itself.

On the backside near the bottom there is red print that is boxed. This red print says "Japanese / English Dual-Language * English Subtitles 3 All-Coded DVD Discs Version * Episode 1-28

Then below that is has in smaller white print, "Warning: The copyright proprietor has liscensed the film (including its soundtrack) comprised in DVD video disc for home use only." Etc, etc, etc...

Looking at the back of each dvd myself from what I can tell the discs do not appear to be copied. What should I look for in order to spot copied discs? There is also in the upper right hand corner on the back side of the set a bar code. The box art details Tsukasa and Subaru, the inside box art details Mimiru, Sora, Bt, Bear, Krim, Subaru, Tsukasa, and on the backside there are the familiar hexagonal polygons and a synopsis of .hack//SIGN. "Welcome to "The World."

I hope the people doing these bootlegs are caught, however because of them I was able to get my hands on something that would normally cost be over 100 dollars and like many people that is simply money that I do not have. Besides I also own a Love Hina 3 dvd set, a Trigun 3 dvd set, and an Arc The Lad 3 dvd set which I bought at my local "Record Exchange" now I think they changed thier name to "The Exchange" though. I never actually thought they could all be bootlegs being that I've never once had any problems with the sets I own.

About the 6 OST's I bought for 30.00. They are infact the real soundtracks. I've seen all of them in Sam Goody and Media Play so I know they are legitimate.

The .hack//Ueden boxset announced for September. Anyone know how much that will cost?

EDIT: Just in case some people might think i'm heading in the wrong direction concerining the bootlegs. I had no knowledge at the time of purchase nor do I support bootlegs because they ultimately hurt the creators.
Häschen

Post by Häschen »

Dragoon2044 wrote:There is no skipping, no jumping, no subliminal messages or anything like that.
No subliminal messages! WOW, YOU DID GET RIPPED OFF! The subliminal messages come standard in the legal boxset...
Zexion

Post by Zexion »

Maromi wrote:Actually, the video quality in most bootlegs, including .hack//SIGN, is actually quite good. It's the Engrish subtitles that are unbelivably shitty. To avoid bootlegs, stay away from anything thats region is listed as "NTSC" or "None;" Region 1 is legit. Also, when you see a "3 disk box set" selling for $10 when the anime is still unlicensed in America, that should give you a hint that it's a bootleg fresh from Hong Kong.
Not that I'm supporting bootlegers or anything, but I've noticed a trend where certain bootleggers wait until the American release of an entire anime with a Dub version and the Japanese with English subtitles on DVD, and then somehow copy all of it to three or four disks. If you're using a good quality DVD player (not PS2 or X-Box), the video quality will be pristine, and the subtitles are just as good as the American release because they are the American release.

I bought a set of three DVDs off of eBay like that. Dragoon, from the description you gave, it sounds like you have the same thing I do. Does it have "fx" on the spine? And all of the DVD sets you described were bootlegs (Except possibly Arc the Lad, I don't know how many DVDs that has normally). I own the BANDAI released Love Hina DVDs; there are 6, and that's not including the three or four specials and Love Hina Again (some bootlegs have that, others don't).

Plus, I've seen people in my mall set up booths selling bootlegged VHS tapes. Sailor Stars is not and never will be released in the United States. :?
Dragoon2044
Silent Assassin of the
Silent Assassin of the

Post by Dragoon2044 »

I bought a set of three DVDs off of eBay like that. Dragoon, from the description you gave, it sounds like you have the same thing I do. Does it have "fx" on the spine? And all of the DVD sets you described were bootlegs (Except possibly Arc the Lad, I don't know how many DVDs that has normally). I own the BANDAI released Love Hina DVDs; there are 6, and that's not including the three or four specials and Love Hina Again (some bootlegs have that, others don't).
Yes it does have hte Fx on the spine and on the back near the lower left corner. My sets all work fine on my ps2. My ps2 version is like sometime around 1 year after the system's release so I'm a bit surprised everything is working though i'm not complaining about that... :)

I think there are 3 love hina movies. I have the movie boxset which is legitimate with the Xmas, Spring, and Again movies that come with the white box. My 3 dvd love hina is simply the 25 episodes with extras showcasing previews of other anime and opening/ending songs.

There are many anime, games, collections, products that may never see light on American shores so more often than not collectors like myself are forced to import them. Though importing is different than bootlegging.

The bootlegs for the most part seem professionally done.
Last edited by Dragoon2044 on Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dragoon2044
Silent Assassin of the
Silent Assassin of the

Post by Dragoon2044 »

kulaguy wrote
You still are supporting criminals. It doesn't matter if you don't have enough money. That doesn't mean you have to give money to criminals where all they had to do was burn the DVDs into 3 disks, repackage it and sell it while the company who officially licensed it had to go through the trouble of paying lots of money to get the rights, dub it, make the DVDs and make all the other things. I hate how people use the "I don't have enough money" excuse. If you don't have enough money, save up.
Please note that at the time of purchase I had no knowledge whatsoever of these products being bootlegs of the originals. I willfully bought them as I thought they were official .hack merchandise. I started collecting anime within the last two years so I apologize if i'm not up to 'speed' like some people

Thank you for the FAQ. I haven't bought anything like that in a long time. I always thought they were real. I do not support criminals alright. I do NOT support them in anyway nor do I intend to do so alright? It just sounded like I was being percecuted, kulaguy. Also I was never saying I couldn't afford the real products, but naturally anyone would look for ways to save money. Sorry I sounded rude...:)
Häschen

Post by Häschen »

kulaguy wrote:If you want to see a show that's unlicensed, go find a fansubbed version of it instead of supporting bootleggers. That way you're not supporting the criminals. Then, if the series does get licensed, go out and buy the legit DVDs to support the licensors.
Yes, I'll be honest. That's what I do. I get fansubs. Like I got the fansubs for DearS after seeing an episode at anime expo, and now that the first DVD came out, I bought it. I use fansubs as a way to see if I like an anime before I buy it. Also, since the fans do it for free, it isn't as bad as buying bootlegs.
.Proj.ectS.

Post by .Proj.ectS. »

My friend bought a bootleg Cowboy Bebop Boxset described just as said and he relised it like yesterday...sad... but it looks great so I guess it was worth it...*government aims sites on .Proj.ectS. for supporting Bootlegs*...I don't but whoever does it at least put some effort into making them look nice. Wow way off-topic god I want more information on this new .hack anime. T-T
P.S. Who else got there hands on the E3 .hack bumber stickers and what looks like a post card, I also bought a GU shirt with Haseo on it.
BlueHero

Post by BlueHero »

kulaguy wrote:You still are supporting criminals. It doesn't matter if you don't have enough money. That doesn't mean you have to give money to criminals where all they had to do was burn the DVDs into 3 disks, repackage it and sell it while the company who officially licensed it had to go through the trouble of paying lots of money to get the rights, dub it, make the DVDs and make all the other things. I hate how people use the "I don't have enough money" excuse. If you don't have enough money, save up.

Also, here's a FAQ on bootlegs.
http://www.digital.anime.org.uk/piratefaq.html
very well said kulaguy dont sink so low to buy anything from them if you dont have the money buy used then if you still dont have the money get a job
honestly i still dont know how people trust them to give them money i mean people like that dont care about the law so they whoud care less if they ripped you off
Dragoon2044
Silent Assassin of the
Silent Assassin of the

Post by Dragoon2044 »

Yeah we are all really off topic here so back on topic!

We really won't know too much more information about the new .hack anime until more information is released. The only bit we know so far is that "a new .hack anime has been announced" so all we can do right now is speculate.

Could it be possible for the anime to take place during or in between .hack gu? We know there are going to be 3 .hack games in the gu trilogy. So if the first gu game is scheduled sometime late in 2006, we might not see the debute of the anime until sometime late next year around the release of the first gu game. There might only be one small problem with that. The problem being the anime would move along on the air waves faster than the games are produced. Perhaps they will release the anime in full(detailing what happens before gu) or right after the last gu game is released(looking back through the events or whatever else was going on during gu).
.Proj.ectS.

Post by .Proj.ectS. »

Or maybe it could be .hack//Zero in anime form they could have decided that they wanted in Anime form rather than Novel form, that I'd like to see. Didn't they quit on .hack//Zero I thought there was to be a second one.
BlueHero

Post by BlueHero »

i think that this anime is going to take place some time after the games because we have so much info before that (between the games,novels,anime manga) theres no need for anymore point of views or info of that time
Dragoon2044
Silent Assassin of the
Silent Assassin of the

Post by Dragoon2044 »

They announced zero2 in japan but is has yet to be released. It would be nice if the new anime took on several parts from the .hack time line like Ai Buster 1 and 2, zero 1 and 2, Another birth. They would play out in a fashion like the episode centered around Mimiru, Subaru/Crim, BT. I personally would like to see Alberio and Hokuto from Ai buster animated. All of the above novels save for Another birth would be too short to make into an anime by themselves.

Of course they might always release them as exclusive OAV's when you buy the gu games similar to Liminality.
Häschen

Post by Häschen »

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! Instead of a whole series bundled with the 3 games, they would put say an OVA of .hack//ZERO with the first game, an OVA of .hack//AI Buster with the second game, and an OVA of .hack//Another Birth with the third game. Is it too late to go to Bandai and suggest this? Rofl, seriously that is like the best idea ever!
.Proj.ectS.

Post by .Proj.ectS. »

Häschen wrote:THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! Instead of a whole series bundled with the 3 games, they would put say an OVA of .hack//ZERO with the first game, an OVA of .hack//AI Buster with the second game, and an OVA of .hack//Another Birth with the third game. Is it too late to go to Bandai and suggest this? Rofl, seriously that is like the best idea ever!
Thank You I thought so myself...but the idea you came up with, put them as OVA's with the games that's genuis.
Dragoon2044
Silent Assassin of the
Silent Assassin of the

Post by Dragoon2044 »

Häschen wrote:THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! Instead of a whole series bundled with the 3 games, they would put say an OVA of .hack//ZERO with the first game, an OVA of .hack//AI Buster with the second game, and an OVA of .hack//Another Birth with the third game. Is it too late to go to Bandai and suggest this? Rofl, seriously that is like the best idea ever!
I agree with you there. I wonder if the anime they announced is infact an exclusive OAV like Liminality was? I've got no problems with that. Just switch Ai Buster with zero. Ah well it doesn't matter. :)
BithTheBlack

Post by BithTheBlack »

i read the first few and got an opinion well i think the idea of using the real world and the game is great but they are probably going to use AI// as that because the novel did just that. also they copied LOTT from manga to TV although manga had a better ending they might just butcher AI the same way
Häschen

Post by Häschen »

Nooooooooooooooo!!!! For Aura's sake no more butchering! Don't even joke about that!
.Proj.ectS.

Post by .Proj.ectS. »

I was very dissapointed in .hack//The Legend of the Twilight Bracelet the animated version but the manga rules! It would have been sweet though to see the manga version animated.