.hack//Archives 03

(Phantom) Thief

Re: .hack//Archives 03

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Kuukai wrote:What I meant was there've been a lot of those books covering this material, so not that much is brand new. I haven't actually gone over the other Archives with as fine-toothed a comb as I should... What I have translated from other books is scattered about or on the wiki... What I translated before about Moon Crow and Forteprotze actually came entirely from a "welcome" pamphlet I got at CC2 headquarters, this is the first time it's actually been published (and they added a lot to it)

Here's random stuff:
-"where Data Drain 2128's name comes from", by Hiroshi Matsuyama - It's a data drain based on technology from the year 2128! But why 2128? Well, if you subtract 108, the number of Buddhist defilements plaguing our minds, you get 2020! in other words .hack//Link's technology was hidden in this number! An irregular skill brought forth by the contact of future technology and people's ambitio- (enough already, prez!)

-The liminality easter eggs about the phases' purposes are finally confirmed as unused concepts

-They explain wtf was up with all the concept art for a wind element they released before, it changed to wood

-Originally Kite liked apple pie!
2128 - 108 = 2020!? If that's true then CC2 sure has more fore thought than we thought? As for the scanning, mine hasn't appear just yet but I hopefully can handle the remainder by then. It should be legal if we divide it as well. That said congratulations on the embedment. Isn't Kite's issue modeled from after 2021? Also if there's any more to Forteprotze please explain. Its kinda a my interest. ...Mumbles something about PMing Kite's name...

EDIT: Also I'm studying Japanese as a Foreign Language. I'm not good period. But if you assist me with some of the more complicated language I'd be willing to work on legacy...
k-su

Post by k-su »

Ah, ok. Sorry bout that, Kuukai. That is some amazing stuff though. That bit about Data Drain 2128 came out of nowhere for me. Hadn't ever thought about the name itself, past how peculiar it sounds. Also, I knew it (about the liminality easter eggs)! I figured that's what it was. It kind of confused me when I first saw it.

OK, that sounds fine, Thief, though yours may come before mine.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Oops, I added more stuff to my last post because I hadn't seen the replies. Check it out, some interesting stuff...

Actually there's a longer story to this 2128 thing. As it so happens, he was actually asked this question in Please Tell Me! 9 or so years ago. And at that time he said it was a secret, and was one of the .hack//1080 Mysteries.

The 1080 Mysteries is seriously a reason I bought this book. Almost anything interesting he was asked during Project .hack ended up being one of these. Like his answer to 2128, I could easily see the entire existence of the 1080 Mysteries being either true or a lie. Piroshi's just that weird. So far I haven't found info on them unfortunately, which is kinda weird considering this is bundled with the Tell Me book which is all about them... They should at least mention it, especially when they do seem to be struggling for interesting content in some places... Anyway I'll keep looking. Like I said, I could easily see the 2020 thing actually being true (although it sounds like a lie^^; ), and now I want moar! I've waited 10 years for this!!!
(Phantom) Thief wrote:2128 - 108 = 2020!? If that's true then CC2 sure has more fore thought than we thought? As for the scanning, mine hasn't appear just yet but I hopefully can handle the remainder by then. It should be legal if we divide it as well. That said congratulations on the embedment. Isn't Kite's issue modeled from after 2021? Also if there's any more to Forteprotze please explain. Its kinda a my interest. ...Mumbles something about PMing Kite's name...

EDIT: Also I'm studying Japanese as a Foreign Language. I'm not good period. But if you assist me with some of the more complicated language I'd be willing to work on legacy...
Kite's issue?

There's not that much more to it (which sucks, I wanted them to give names for the characters other than Forte), but a lot more to Moon Crow. Moon Crow is now confirmed to be where there character was first named "Kite". There's also the first-ever display of Treasure Hacker art, which is amazing (and includes Human Skeith). I'm going to read more in depth when I can, my goal tonight was to get through all the basic sections and figure Legacy out.

Yeah, that could definitely work.

EDIT:

-The Epitaph was introduced into the storyline after Ito randomly suggested they needed "something like the necronomicon"

-Treasure Hacker begins with a translated poem by... W.B. Yeats?!
(Phantom) Thief

Playing above the board with all this information revealed makes my mind turn with enthusiasm. As for the issue, I was referring to Kite's developing interest foreign cultures in after 2021. Moreover I believe the other information. 108 is used in Hinduism. It also represents the 108 elements of the universe. You can also find it comics and anime such as Full Metal Alchemist and Tokko. Also on the translation are you referring to the real W.B. Yeat!? (Human Skeith & Apple Pie Huh...)
Last edited by (Phantom) Thief on Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I don't know what happened in 2021, but I guess? I'm not saying he's lying about 108, just whether or not he came up with this explanation before Link. Yes, the real W.B. Yeats, I think..
(Phantom) Thief

No worries even I don't know too much. Besides I don't want to chastise someone by mistake. Did you find anything else interesting? Snickers (Poor Lios Rocky McRockhead)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Well, the CD is cool, lots of new vocal versions of songs like Balmung's theme and some nice instrumentals too... I'm not really an original OST expert so I don't know what everything is, but I really like the last track although I totally don't remember it.
01 黄昏の虜囚 (Twilight Prisoner)
02 黒薔薇姫 (Black Rose Princess)
03 ボクハイマココニイル (I'm Here Right Now)
04 世界の終わりと君と僕 (The End of the World and You and Me)
05 蒼海の剣 (Sword of the Azure Sea)
06 蒼天の翼 (Wings of the Azure Sky)
07 End of Twilight
08 受け継がれしもの (That Which is Inherited)

EDIT:
-Like probably most of us always expected, the silhouette in Innis is based on Skeith.
-There doesn't seem to be any more info on the Legendary Lands other than a nicer picture of The Ending World and confirmation that it was caused by data corruption and not a "true" one... Not much more on the gods either, aside from awesome art and etymology...
-Names for Gardenia and Moonstone are also depressingly still absent...
-It's interesting to see the evolution of the Harald Rooms over time, especially the last one. Originally he was one of the paintings and the chair was just there on the other end of the room, there was no rock on it. Kinda interesting how they ended up deciding to use that chair for something...
-Hmm, I could swear the other thing I have says Kite was a girl at some point, but Forte is actually male...

I found the passage used in Treasure Hacker:

Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
-"The Stolen Child" by William Butler Yeats

-Aura was originally called "the princess of the lake" and would have given the book to Kite.
-Sanjuro lives in South Dakota because he's loosely based off of the main character in the novel Sushi and Ninja
-"Phantom Thief Ikasumi Black" from the online news used a picture of one of their graphic designers.
-There is really a depressing lack of information about the Alice Land setting for Treasure Hacker, this might be where Kite was female. They do reiterate Mia=Cheshire Cat because of Alice Land, though, and Mia was originally either Male or undetermined...
-Kite had the last name because originally one idea was to have his classmates say things about him.
(Phantom) Thief

Yes! I'm happy. All right I received the book today. It has some good content. I'll scan some individual sections to see how pictures come out. Honestly this is great. Heck, after this I half expect them to release Daybreak to fill in the information gaps. Before I move onto Legacy, I''ll work on some previews of Spoof and Human Skeith for the book. Also to anyone reading to be clear about Kite's real name the answer is: (See Spoiler). Moving along in the meantime here's some non-related work from Kikuya below.

Literally You. Perhaps because CC2 wanted a better connection to the players they decided to be vague whenever they mentioned Kite.

EDIT: In treasure hacker another forename is Asahi.
Although they were never kept alternative names for Balmung were Kawasaki: Tsubasa, Syo, and Asuka.
Although it was never kept an alternative name for Gardenia was Mika Tachibana
Although it was never kept an alternative name for Moon Stone was Kenzo Saeki
Although it was never kept an alternative name for Marlo was Suguru Kawakita
k-su

Post by k-su »

That's great news. Mine's hasn't even been shipped yet. What's the holdup, I wonder? Just remembered this: anything on the epitaph? I remember seeing something on the back of the book in a pic, but didn't seem very lengthy. Thought they might reveal the whole thing if there is more to it.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It's in there with cool art, but no new canon info vs. analysis. The novel is a better bet for this.
(Phantom) Thief

Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Png is lossless, so yeah. Those three images are all pngs already though, for some reason they just have .jpg filenames...
Zeroetanaru

Post by Zeroetanaru »

Anyone can upload the OST or preview all tracks?
databug

Post by databug »

the album cant be uploaded as it is a violation of forum rules.... if you have read them it clearly states this!
k-su

Post by k-su »

Wooo! Finally got my copy in the mail early this morning. Mail lady almost walked away with it. Anyways, this is pretty awesome. I haven't had much time to enjoy it yet, since I'm helping out with somethings, but I'll most likely start posting parts on a weekly basis.

EDIT: I've had complaints before about sizes being too high [300], but others of reading problems [150]. I wanna find the happy medium between, so it's small enough without keeping those who can read the contents from doing so. Does anyone have any suggestions? At the moment, I'm thinking of scanning this at about 200dpi.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I'd say 300 DPI is fine, it makes no sense to complain about an image being too big. We're in the cloud age, downloading an image is nothing, and all browsers have a scale feature now...
k-su

Post by k-su »

So far I've finished the illustration book and about 50 pages of the ryo book. Interestingly enough, I found a magazine feature on my scanner that really makes color images pop. Oh and I found your mark of fame Kuukai.
k-su

Post by k-su »

UPDATE: I've pretty much scanned all I'm gonna scan of the books. There's some pages I plan to rescan, but the whole thing should be up this weekend. I guess look forward to it.

UPDATE: ITS UP! Had to split it up quite a bit to meet the upload limit. Its about 1.5 gigs, so yeah...enjoy that. Included the little novel and a good bit of the text based stuff. Also added enhanced versions of promo pics and included the CC2 Illustrations book.

http://www.mediafire.com/?e4xb2rrnbt9n6
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Awesome! Good work!
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

This is positively fantastic work! I'll be downloading these (are there any LINK spoilers I should avoid? In pictures of course, since I can't read a lick of Japanese) You may know Kuukai, what is exactly left of .hack//Conglomerate to release? Or is the project officially kaput by this point?