[SPOILERS] A Crazy (and confusing) Theory!

Tawalaya

[SPOILERS] A Crazy (and confusing) Theory!

Post by Tawalaya »

OOoooookay, now. Before I begin, let me just say, that this is going ot sound VERY farfetched and out there. But, we like farfetched and out there so this may be jut what the doctor ordered as far as crazy theories go. I type fast and don't look back, so if there's an abundance of spelling errors, I apologize beforehand. ^^'

Now, almost everyone here has seen the secret ending at the end of Trilogy, yes? Where these lines are uttered by a woman we presume as Pi, and a man who's voice creidts go to the same man who voiced Bith the Black.

"The threat has passed."

"It happened just as we thought it would."

"Could be that fate is inevitable"

"Schicksal; what are they doing?"

"They have moved onto the next phase."

"Pass the paddle to the boatsman"

"Yes sir"

"Gather in Acheron"

"O captives of Charon."

Well, I have a few clues that might help shed some light on this.

Firs of all, Schicksal's first appearance to us all is in .hack//LINK, which is set in The World R:X, two years after the events of G.U. At the beginning of the manga, it has already been stated that R:2 was shut down 2 years ago. Um, why? Haseo and friends defeated Cubia, freed Ovan, restored order *yay happiness insert here* and blah blah blah lived happily ever after.

Well, apparently someone already knew EVERYTHING that was going to happen, becuase they said:

"The threat has passed."

"It happened just as we thought it would."

Okay. Now, when I think of people who could've possibly predicted that, only two people come to mind. Aura, and Helba. Has anyone disclosed the theory that the woman at the end is Helba, and the man she's speaking to is Zelkova? :0

However, they ALSO know about Schicksal! Meaning that they are around at the time of G.U. in the game, or they exist as a group OUTSIDE the game. The two indiviuals are also aware of Schicksal's activities and their plans.

"Schicksal; what are they doing?"

"They have moved onto the next phase."

"Pass the paddle to the boatsman"

Now. They are guessing what they're doing, meaning that they either 1) do NOT know whats Schicksal is planning at this time (suggesting they have just formulated as a group) or 2) have changed their direction as a group. If 2 is the correct assumption, then they could have been working as another group. the Twilight Brigade.

Now, if you took Sahino with you to Floor 50 and met up with Tabby, you'll now they talked about restarting the Brigade. Ovan revived as well, and Sakisaka and Saburo were seen in the G.U. returner short.

So what if the Twilight Brigade turned into Schicksal? If Fluegel was Ovan? And Shino, Sakisaka, Tabby and others were just new characters in Schicksal?

This would certainly explain how Zelkova and Helba were monitoring them.

But we're gettin crazy here! ^^' Let's slow down to something more believable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NRWtYw0lK0

See that desert? The one "outside the game specs"? Well, as Tartarga floats down to scoop up Haseo, you'll notice on the horizon a city. Could that be the ORIGINAL netslum? This leads me to believe that R:1 and R:2's data is all accessable via Harold Hoerwick's blackbox, which was used as the base for all versions of The World.

Now, it's a desert, yes? We can all agree on that. It's not the game, but somehow related ot The World.

"Gather in Acheron"

"O captives of Charon."

Charon, the ferry of the boat which brought dead souls to the underworld via the river styx according to greek mythology. So, he delivers souls to death. So who could be considered as a ferry for souls to death in the .hack games? Think on that to find the role.

Next, Acheron. Read this wiki article on Acheron.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acheron

Here's a quote from the article:
Plato in his Phaedo identified Acheron as the second greatest river in the world, excelled only by Oceanus. He claimed that Acheron flowed in the opposite direction from Oceanus beneath the earth under desert places.
"Underneath desert places". What if Acheron was just a river of data of sorts, perhaps a central CORE of data, that flowed underneath the desert of scattered data? Perhaps that very same desert "outside the game specs" which Haseo woke up on?

It could be that Acheron is the secret data stream, or, Harold Hoerwick's blackbox, which is accessed somehow by an entry point in that desert outside the game specs, which Haseo himself woke up on as his data body nearly dissintegrated just by being there.

So what do you think? Am I onto something? =O
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: [SPOILERS] A Crazy (and confusing) Theory!

Post by TheSorrow »

It would be so crazy yet cool if Schicksal was actually the Twilight Brigade, though that'd make Ovan the "villian" again, and Fluegel doesn't really acts like him at all, so i think that one theory's not good :P

But you're most likely getting to something with those relations of Acheron and the desert. So much that maybe if you think deeper on it you'll end up making more connections that even the creators themselves were able to do XD I like your theories though, they could give a very good shape to LINK :P
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Schicksal is not Twilight Brigade, I guarantee it. Especially since everyone's coming back as themselves.
Charon, the ferry of the boat which brought dead souls to the underworld via the river styx according to greek mythology. So, he delivers souls to death. So who could be considered as a ferry for souls to death in the .hack games? Think on that to find the role.
I highly doubt the symbolism is that clear-cut.
"Underneath desert places". What if Acheron was just a river of data of sorts, perhaps a central CORE of data, that flowed underneath the desert of scattered data? Perhaps that very same desert "outside the game specs" which Haseo woke up on?

It could be that Acheron is the secret data stream, or, Harold Hoerwick's blackbox, which is accessed somehow by an entry point in that desert outside the game specs, which Haseo himself woke up on as his data body nearly dissintegrated just by being there.
REAAAAACHING.
Hell no, this is a complete asspull, in my opinion, based on nothing.

EDIT: Also, I just checked my game. The city Haseo saw in the desert was where Net Slum Tartarga dropped off Haseo and company, so most likely it's actually just an ordinary Root Town visible from that location, or the normal Za Warudo servers are symbolically represented by a city. Whichever.
Tawalaya

Post by Tawalaya »

AuraTwilight wrote:Schicksal is not Twilight Brigade, I guarantee it. Especially since everyone's coming back as themselves.
I highly doubt the symbolism is that clear-cut.

REAAAAACHING.
Hell no, this is a complete asspull, in my opinion, based on nothing.

EDIT: Also, I just checked my game. The city Haseo saw in the desert was where Net Slum Tartarga dropped off Haseo and company, so most likely it's actually just an ordinary Root Town visible from that location, or the normal Za Warudo servers are symbolically represented by a city. Whichever.
Aura, I'm not trying to be jerk here, but why do you always have to have so much attitude? I already said it was farfetched in the first post.

Is there really need for a reply like "REAAAAACHING." or calling a theory an asspull? Or hell, in the other thread I posted in, you had to be so cocky and say "He got a new one, genius."

It's quite obvious that I haven't dedicated large amounts of time to studying every single detail and installment in every .hack work, so there's no need to have such an attitude just because somebody posts a theory thats far-fetched, or isn't aware of a detail in an installment of the .hack series.

Jut sayin.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Aura, I'm not trying to be jerk here, but why do you always have to have so much attitude? I already said it was farfetched in the first post.
It really doesn't matter. "Sakubo" here's just like that. You asked for an opinion, he/she gave you one. You don't necessarily have to like how the person responds.

Also, I have to diagree with the whole "Schicksal is the Twilight Brigade" theory, since one, the entire schicksal squad is apparently "beyond the system" and ordinary players, besides Ovan, Shino, and Haseo, who were in an ordinary guild from R:2, couldn't have become that powerful unless hacking was involved, and two, Ovan has no intention or reason to portray yet another situation involving The World again.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Is there really need for a reply like "REAAAAACHING." or calling a theory an asspull? Or hell, in the other thread I posted in, you had to be so cocky and say "He got a new one, genius."
Boohoo. I've always been like this, and it's not like it's anything personal to you, so there's no reason to get upset about it. If I see an idea that I know has holes, I'll point them out, without any regard to the person's feelings. Anyone on this forum should about know that by this point.
It's quite obvious that I haven't dedicated large amounts of time to studying every single detail and installment in every .hack work, so there's no need to have such an attitude just because somebody posts a theory thats far-fetched, or isn't aware of a detail in an installment of the .hack series.

Jut sayin.
Well, it's significant enough when your city idea is debunked not even ten minutes later into the game.
It really doesn't matter. "Sakubo" here's just like that. You asked for an opinion, he/she gave you one. You don't necessarily have to like how the person responds.
Yea, if I had to compare myself to a .hack character in terms of personality, it'd be Sakubo (Yes, both of them.)
Also, I have to diagree with the whole "Schicksal is the Twilight Brigade" theory, since one, the entire schicksal squad is apparently "beyond the system" and ordinary players, besides Ovan, Shino, and Haseo, who were in an ordinary guild from R:2, couldn't have become that powerful unless hacking was involved, and two, Ovan has no intention or reason to portray yet another situation involving The World again.
Ditto. Not to mention that all the members of the Twilight Brigade are either permanently retired from the game, or are already coming back as their more famous alter-egos, and the dialog at the end of Trilogy seems to imply that Schiksal was active during the GU era, which makes the correlation totally impossible without invoking time travel.
Midori

Post by Midori »

This theory is certainly reaching in many many parts, but with this frame of thinking, I bet you could notice something others haven't yes? The desert being the most interesting point of your theory. I do agree though that it is most likely near a root town.

I mean, who's to say that all the root towns that were in ROOTS and G.U. were the only ones? There could have been more, though I doubt it. Still, there are a few jumbled yet interesting points you make.

Perhaps your should do some research and revise your theory?
Kill Rain

Post by Kill Rain »

hmm? i like some of your theory. some of it makes sense. but i guess thats why its called a theory huh? well the desert could be net slum or just a lost root town. who knows. doin research may answer questions. and i will be here to see what other theories you all have. i like them. very creative and somewhat thought out.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's not Net Slum, it's kind've on Tartarga's back.
Talc Moirae

Post by Talc Moirae »

I think that your theory seems a bit far fetched myself. It seems too simple and straightforward. Also, I believe that the chances of Ovan and the other Twilight Brigade members returning like that would be extremely doubtful.

I hope it is alright to express a theory of my own. Hopefully, it won't sound too far fetched. When writing this, I sort of kept .hack//Link in mind with a bit of speculation as well. It seems a bit strange if I were to create another thread when information on certain things are already here.

From what I gather, Schicksal has been at work for quite a while. The fact that they are moving on to the "the next phase" would mean that something significant has happened. I could guess that this would be Haseo's emergence as a key in their plans. Judging by their talk of fate, they most likely expected this to happen. Perhaps Haseo's awakening became another stone in Schicksal's path towards what is past the "Acheron".

When "passing the paddle", it may mean that the role that a certain character has played (Pi?) is now over. It is not time for the others to work their magic to achieving their goals. I would guess that these new people would be the Schicksal members.

As pointed out, I'll take the reference of Acheron being a river that runs beneath the earth. However, instead, I would guess it would metaphorically symbolize the river to flow into the depths of The World itself, perhaps to the black box (or the Akashic Records). The gathering of the selected ones (those with Chronos Cores?) is needed to soar down through the "Acheron" pathway.

Charon does not necessarily have to relate to the actual bringing of the dead to the underworld. Maybe Charon could relate to the inescapable fate of those who must play a key role in unlocking the Akashic Records, just as death is an inescapable fate for all humans. Charon would represent Schicksal itself, who are trying to gather the key people. Haseo is probably only one of the keys that they need, and now they seek out the others in their next phase.

I wonder if it's a bit simplistic, but I don't want to go on the "too unbelievable" side.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Talc Moirae wrote:I think that your theory seems a bit far fetched myself. It seems too simple and straightforward. Also, I believe that the chances of Ovan and the other Twilight Brigade members returning like that would be extremely doubtful.

I hope it is alright to express a theory of my own. Hopefully, it won't sound too far fetched. When writing this, I sort of kept .hack//Link in mind with a bit of speculation as well. It seems a bit strange if I were to create another thread when information on certain things are already here.

From what I gather, Schicksal has been at work for quite a while. The fact that they are moving on to the "the next phase" would mean that something significant has happened. I could guess that this would be Haseo's emergence as a key in their plans. Judging by their talk of fate, they most likely expected this to happen. Perhaps Haseo's awakening became another stone in Schicksal's path towards what is past the "Acheron".

When "passing the paddle", it may mean that the role that a certain character has played (Pi?) is now over. It is not time for the others to work their magic to achieving their goals. I would guess that these new people would be the Schicksal members.

As pointed out, I'll take the reference of Acheron being a river that runs beneath the earth. However, instead, I would guess it would metaphorically symbolize the river to flow into the depths of The World itself, perhaps to the black box (or the Akashic Records). The gathering of the selected ones (those with Chronos Cores?) is needed to soar down through the "Acheron" pathway.

Charon does not necessarily have to relate to the actual bringing of the dead to the underworld. Maybe Charon could relate to the inescapable fate of those who must play a key role in unlocking the Akashic Records, just as death is an inescapable fate for all humans. Charon would represent Schicksal itself, who are trying to gather the key people. Haseo is probably only one of the keys that they need, and now they seek out the others in their next phase.

I wonder if it's a bit simplistic, but I don't want to go on the "too unbelievable" side.
Well, it's a bit more compact and organized than the other theory, I'll tell you that.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I agree with Tri-Edge; hell, that's almost all but fact, anyway. Have you read any chapters of .hack//Link yet? That's pretty much what's happening.
Talc Moirae

Post by Talc Moirae »

Yes I have, at least up to chapter 4.

My speculation is more of an attempt at relating this mysterious message to .hack//Link in the simplest way I can.
hanoodles

Post by hanoodles »

Talc Moirae wrote: My speculation is more of an attempt at relating this mysterious message to .hack//Link in the simplest way I can.
you took the fun out of the thread in its infinate deadness
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, that's what you're doing. How about you kindly shut the hell up and quit spamming?
Vicious

Post by Vicious »

AuraTwilight wrote:No, that's what you're doing. How about you kindly shut the hell up and quit spamming?
How is this relatable to Sakubo...?
milliennium_fox

Post by milliennium_fox »

What do you mean? He was speaking to the spammer when he posted that...