Dissapointment

Tawalaya

Dissapointment

Post by Tawalaya »

I took it upon myselfot do a little read-up on .hack//G.U.//Redemption game since i just started it yesterday, and I'm a little dissapointed in the character selection.

I mean, I can't wait to get Tabby, Natsume, Zelkova and Yata in my party, but I'm surprised that Tabby was the only character available from the .hack//ROOTS cast.

I was expecting perhaps Saburo, Sakisaka and maybe even Gord and B Set.

But..just Tabby! T_T

Is anyone else frustrated at the lack of homage in .hack//G.U. to the Roots characters??
d5t

Re: Dissapointment

Post by d5t »

Character development in roots was pretty atrocious; the games did a much better job. So I really could care less about any characters from the anime, aside from Phyllo maybe.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Well, there's still Shino. And you see Sakisaka's character model in like 3 PCs.
And you can find Seisaku and Hideyo, although with their Medic Union PCs. But they still recognize Haseo and talk a little about Roots.
Namihana

Post by Namihana »

There's also that little bit where Haseo sees Taihaku again and thinks he saw him from somewhere too. Apparently, he doesn't remember him much.

Anyways...I'm not that disappointed.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

We need moar Saburo, big time. Hands down the best Roots character. F*ck Tabby.
Dead

Post by Dead »

yeah, most of the roots characters were even more useless than putting reheated food back in the refrigerator.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

As long as Shino was in the games, I really don't care about the others. Although I did like having Tabby.
Saburou should've at least had a cameo, though.
ShinoBee

Post by ShinoBee »

Saburou was awesome, and also a trap. ;D It would've been cool to have him in my party. But ya know..."A cat is fine too.", lol.

Anime Monkey, of course Shino has to be in the games! Otherwise, the fans will be angered! I had a feeling Tabby had to be back for Volume 3, though I did wish there was another cameo also. :/
FallenDragon
Location: Lost In A Sea Of Thoughts...or falling asleep in front of the monitor

Post by FallenDragon »

I wasn't really dissapointed on this, after all we did get few cameos from some characters of Roots that have been mentioned already; Sakisaka couldn't have been here since we all know he quit The World (though he appeared in the OVA Returner, wth?). But personally I would have wanted to see Saburo.

Off Topic: I still have got to get Tabby, I haven't finished the FoP ;__; haven't had time to play it.
ShinoBee

Post by ShinoBee »

FallenDragon wrote:I wasn't really dissapointed on this, after all we did get few cameos from some characters of Roots that have been mentioned already; Sakisaka couldn't have been here since we all know he quit The World (though he appeared in the OVA Returner, wth?). But personally I would have wanted to see Saburo.

Off Topic: I still have got to get Tabby, I haven't finished the FoP ;__; haven't had time to play it.
Spoiller Tip for Volume 3: When going to the 50th floor, bring Shino. You'll see why. ;D
Last edited by ShinoBee on Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FallenDragon
Location: Lost In A Sea Of Thoughts...or falling asleep in front of the monitor

Post by FallenDragon »

ShinoBee wrote:Tip: When going to the 50th floor, bring Shino. You'll see why. ;D

Sadly, I know what you're talking about; by the time I finished Vol 2 I already knew too many spoilers from Vol 3 that I wasn't even trying to find or look at all >__> *sigh*...I hate it when people don't label spoilers.
Namihana

Post by Namihana »

Good thing I'm the type that doesn't get bothered by spoilers. =3
Tawalaya

Post by Tawalaya »

ShinoBee wrote:
FallenDragon wrote:I wasn't really dissapointed on this, after all we did get few cameos from some characters of Roots that have been mentioned already; Sakisaka couldn't have been here since we all know he quit The World (though he appeared in the OVA Returner, wth?). But personally I would have wanted to see Saburo.

Spoiller Tip for Volume 3: When going to the 50th floor, bring Shino. You'll see why. ;D
Didn't they talk about starting up the Brigade again? And since we know Ovan's alive, and he reunites with Aina, does this mean they DO start up the Brigade again?

HWOO! They would make my day if we found out in LINK that Ovan and the rest started up the Brigade again, and something went horribly wrong in-between G.U. and LINk. Like, they rivalled Schicksal or something and lost. BAD. x3
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

This topic was over six months old. Sorry, no thread necromancy.