So what was the "twist"? (spoilers)

AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: So what was the "twist"? (spoilers)

Post by AuraTwilight »

Kefkaownsall wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:I don't see why they'd put a Link-related scene into a GU-based movie if it wasn't somehow relevant. Either the Link twist is the only part canon or...or...Trilogy is a retcon! *screams like a little girl!*
I hope it's not retcon otherwise goodbye Haseo/Alkaid
That pairing sucks anyway. Haseo/Atoli was always canon.
Kyle1818

Post by Kyle1818 »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Spin wrote:I've been meaning to ask about Helba for awhile... that is kind of weird how they just sort of never mentioned what happened to her... big loose end indeed.

Also, someone said something about Bith the Black being arrested? When did that happen? Was it in Liminality? I don't remember....
Yes, Bith the Black was arrested. He WAS caught breaking into a building, after all. As for Helba, we don't know anything about her at ALL, why should we know what happened to her? A hacker of her skill wouldn't leave clues of her whereabouts or why.

Given that Helba really only seemed to care about Aura, I have a feeling that she simply never got involved with Za Warudo R:2, since Aura wasn't there as far as she knew.
You don't seem to remember but, when the cop's got to Bith, he said that he was with some security agency and showed them his buissness card. Oh, and the .Hack Wiki site say's he was releaced:

At Uruya, Ichiro hacked his way into the control center and acted as the lookout for security. He gave Tokuoka's party extra time to escape by stalling two guards at the control center. Although he was arrested by the police for questioning, he managed to fool them into believing he was testing the center's security system for CC Corp. With his fake credentials checking out, the police had no choice but to release him.

anyways, I'm sure most of trilogy is Non Cannon just because of the huge change's they made in it, but the last part with Pi and that guy probably is, they can have a series non cannon and then put somthing cannon in it.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Kyle1818 wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:
Spin wrote:I've been meaning to ask about Helba for awhile... that is kind of weird how they just sort of never mentioned what happened to her... big loose end indeed.

Also, someone said something about Bith the Black being arrested? When did that happen? Was it in Liminality? I don't remember....
Yes, Bith the Black was arrested. He WAS caught breaking into a building, after all. As for Helba, we don't know anything about her at ALL, why should we know what happened to her? A hacker of her skill wouldn't leave clues of her whereabouts or why.

Given that Helba really only seemed to care about Aura, I have a feeling that she simply never got involved with Za Warudo R:2, since Aura wasn't there as far as she knew.
You don't seem to remember but, when the cop's got to Bith, he said that he was with some security agency and showed them his buissness card. Oh, and the .Hack Wiki site say's he was releaced:

At Uruya, Ichiro hacked his way into the control center and acted as the lookout for security. He gave Tokuoka's party extra time to escape by stalling two guards at the control center. Although he was arrested by the police for questioning, he managed to fool them into believing he was testing the center's security system for CC Corp. With his fake credentials checking out, the police had no choice but to release him.

anyways, I'm sure most of trilogy is Non Cannon just because of the huge change's they made in it, but the last part with Pi and that guy probably is, they can have a series non cannon and then put somthing cannon in it.
Yea, welcome to a week and a half ago, I was already corrected on that.
Tenji

Post by Tenji »

i agree with AT about Pai and Ovan.

I belive that they probably used Pai as a way to hint to someone related to her (duh, captain obvious) so i would think that the man´s voice is most likely Amagis´s voice.
I realy think that that´s more plausable than Bith the black... at least for now. But you never know, maybe is a voice modulator thought i see no point in that.

"gather at Acheleon" sounded like an order and Pai seemed to be reporting... so i don´t think it´s anyone from CCcorp either...

Anyways... even if Pai is hidding something or using GU to archive other goals that´s not necesary "bad."
Kyle1818

Post by Kyle1818 »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Yea, welcome to a week and a half ago, I was already corrected on that.
heh, didn't think you would get corrected out side of this topic... well concider it a reminder. lol

Their is one way to find out who that guy is(at least to see if he's anyone we susspect), im sure they have his voice actor listed in the credit's(probably under Mystery Man or somthin to that effect)... tho we would need someone that can read japanese, and then look up Amagi's and Bith's jap voice actor's to see if they match... Or well just have to wait and hope it's releaced in english and find out then.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Their is one way to find out who that guy is(at least to see if he's anyone we susspect), im sure they have his voice actor listed in the credit's(probably under Mystery Man or somthin to that effect)... tho we would need someone that can read japanese, and then look up Amagi's and Bith's jap voice actor's to see if they match... Or well just have to wait and hope it's releaced in english and find out then.
That won't work well, since there are completely different characters that have the same VA. Such like Haseo and Sieg, Pi and Mai Minase, Sakaki and Balmung, Tsukasa and Endrance, or Shino and Subaru.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

I'm surprised no one's brought up the possibility that the mystery man is Yata. Sounded like him to me.
Kyle1818

Post by Kyle1818 »

TheSorrow wrote:
That won't work well, since there are completely different characters that have the same VA. Such like Haseo and Sieg, Pi and Mai Minase, Sakaki and Balmung, Tsukasa and Endrance, or Shino and Subaru.
yea true, but it still would back up the fact that i could be bith...

And some people are saying that he does sound like Yata on the Gamespot forum, so they're just refering to him as Yata.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I belive that they probably used Pai as a way to hint to someone related to her (duh, captain obvious) so i would think that the man´s voice is most likely Amagis´s voice.
No way Pi and Amagi would be working together. Who collaborate with the ass-monkey pretty much responsible for the death of your brother, directly or otherwise?
heh, didn't think you would get corrected out side of this topic... well concider it a reminder. lol
I've been corrected before, it's nothing new. Get over yourself, you weren't even the one who did it. Kuukai beat you to it.
Won't work. Tsukasa and Elk are voiced by the same person, Blackrose and Mimiru are voiced by the same person, Balmung and Taihaku are voiced by the same person, Bear and Orca are voiced by the same person...

I could go on, and none of them are the same people.
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

I know this has bee nsaid, but people apparently aren't getting it.

The man is NOT Yata. He doesn't even have the same seiyuu. The credits list the mysterious man as Seki Toshihiko (who voiced Bith the Black/Sato Ichiro). Not that I'm saying that's who the Mysterious Person is.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

.hack//BICTIOUS wrote:I know this has bee nsaid, but people apparently aren't getting it.

The man is NOT Yata. He doesn't even have the same seiyuu. The credits list the mysterious man as Seki Toshihiko (who voiced Bith the Black/Sato Ichiro). Not that I'm saying that's who the Mysterious Person is.
Well damn, somehow I missed that little detail. Sorry.
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

Didn't mean to come off so crabby. ^^; I have some friends who've been saying it's Yata, though, so I'm just trying to set people straight.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

.hack//BICTIOUS wrote:I know this has bee nsaid, but people apparently aren't getting it.

The best part is that's the only other .hack character he voiced. He's not a "regular" voiceactor in .hack. That makes the conditions a little nicer for him being the same person, though I agree that that's entirely speculation...
Tenji

Post by Tenji »

AuraTwilight wrote:
No way Pi and Amagi would be working together. Who collaborate with the ass-monkey pretty much responsible for the death of your brother, directly or otherwise?
good point... maybe is someone that we have not considered as a canon character...
per example it could be Kazumi (the one with the dummy morgana factor in GU+).

He´s not apeared on canon material in any form (that i know) but we can´t say for sure that he does not exist on the canon universe since the dummy morgana actualy existed. (plus the fact that maybe GU+ contains things that might be used in the new series as canon.)
Also he is related to CC corp, to Bansyoya and for extension to Pi, and has no voice... (this is not canon sure... but maybe they will use it as canon in the future? after all the firts images of Azure kite apeared at UdeDen)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

There's no way Kazumi sounds like that. And Kazumi essentially replaces Amagi in G.U.+, it's doubtful he exists in the main story.
d0tti3

Post by d0tti3 »

Well crap.
The one chance I get to see Trilogy, and I didn't see this?
Where is it, at the end after the credits I'm assuming?

Go figure, if so. xD

Well, I will base my opinion on this-- I wouldn't associate character appearances on voice actors... since anyone can play anyone. xD That's not very concrete to go off of.

But Bith the Black? I dunno, why would Pi associate with a hacker? She seems too righteous to get into that kind of crowd. *shrug* Maybe it's just a random administrator that she's talking to, she is apart of CC Corp in that sense. Don't badger me on making an opinion on the matter when I haven't seen it, I'm just basing it on what I've read from this discussion~.

If I get off dial-up someday, I'll see what I can dig up to make a better opinion, if I need it. ^^;
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

d0tti3 wrote:Well crap.
The one chance I get to see Trilogy, and I didn't see this?
Where is it, at the end after the credits I'm assuming?

Go figure, if so. xD

Well, I will base my opinion on this-- I wouldn't associate character appearances on voice actors... since anyone can play anyone. xD That's not very concrete to go off of.

But Bith the Black? I dunno, why would Pi associate with a hacker? She seems too righteous to get into that kind of crowd. *shrug* Maybe it's just a random administrator that she's talking to, she is apart of CC Corp in that sense. Don't badger me on making an opinion on the matter when I haven't seen it, I'm just basing it on what I've read from this discussion~.

If I get off dial-up someday, I'll see what I can dig up to make a better opinion, if I need it. ^^;
why would pi associate with a hacker....thats a dumb question. After all we all know yata has mad 733t skillz. If you say that, then why did Balmung associate with a hacker in IMOQ? Its all for the sake of good, or rather like the others said for something they feel is "good".
d0tti3

Post by d0tti3 »

I didn't ask a dumb question. ^^;

I'm just bringing to the table what kind of person Pi is.Due to her history in the game,her overall personality, I would assume that she doesn't tolerate hackers and whatnot, due to possibly a freak accident before R:2 was established? I don't know much about the Terminal Disc, maybe check there for more info.

Another thing, Hackers weren't a problem in R:2,and Yata was a system administrator for R:2, his "mad 1447 skills" can be derived from that as well as gaining more knowledge over the seven year hiatus, since he was merely a man of information in R:1.

So, the tiny issue--

Whoever she was talking to, is he good or bad?
I s'pose there's your start.

And don't go with this whole, "that depends on what is 'good'" crap~ ;P You know what's good and what's bad in The World. Is it even safe to say what she was doing was good or bad? I guess it depends on what was in the clip. I wouldn't know.

Like I said, there's still the option that maybe she was talking to a faceless admin.
scratchmyears

Post by scratchmyears »

The line about Acheron and Charon, and indeed the into scenes, are both taken from the context of la comedia divina, by Dante Alighieri. Acheron is the river that Charon ferries dead souls across from Limbo to the deeper circles of Hell. And the intro text is written above the gates of Hell with the famous quote, "Abandon hope, all ye who enter". Judging by the references our mystery man makes it could be equated to something along the lines of. "welcome to hell, kids"

I'd say that's pretty much badguy talk.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

d0tti3 wrote:Another thing, Hackers weren't a problem in R:2,and Yata was a system administrator for R:2, his "mad 1447 skills" can be derived from that as well as gaining more knowledge over the seven year hiatus, since he was merely a man of information in R:1.
No, they state in Vol.3 of G.U., I believe, that he was also a hacker.