Somebodies are missing - Trilogy [SPOILERS]

Zyxith

Somebodies are missing - Trilogy [SPOILERS]

Post by Zyxith »

The movie of Trilogy was nice and well done, however was anyone else a little upset over the fact they completely left out Sukabo and Endrance? I know the movie was to focus on the main factors like Haseo, Ovan, Aina... and I can understand how they need to cut out some details like Cubia and such, but leaving out 2 main characters? Heck, even Yowkow got a cameo.

On another odd note, I noticed a lot of sound effects in the movie that sounded like ones from City of Heroes, heh.
Orion

Re: Somebodies are missing - Trilogy [SPOILERS]

Post by Orion »

Yeah, that's true. But with the way the movie was setup, there'd really be no place for them unless they lengthened the movie with a longer run time.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

AIDA just never spread to people. That takes out the whole reason to enter in the arena (Endrance), taking out Sakubo as well, and since AIDA never spread then Sirius stayed all fine, and Sakaki never knew about it either so there's no Moon Tree attack or PK Tournament, taking away the whole arena and more than half of GU's plot.
I would've liked that at least they added Endrance even if it was in some little part that didn't modify the story in any way. But still, i'm happy with the way the movie was made, right to the point of kicking Ovan's ass. Had they added something else and they would've either to add 5 more things, or stop it right away and leave you with lots of doubts or unclear assumptions. I mean, they made Kite look like if he was Ovan's creation or something :/
Mellow Grunty
Suredeath Hellman
Suredeath Hellman

Post by Mellow Grunty »

While they couldn't fit in the movie's story, cameos would still be possible.
If Endrance isn't there, then it doesn't make sense for AlkAIDS to be there either, since then she'd still be the Emperor and Haseo wouldn't have to fight her in the tournament, unless he won.

Oh well, Endrance, Sakubo, Silabus or Gaspard aren't as popular as AlkAIDS so putting them in won't give us many more views anyway!
FallenDragon
Location: Lost In A Sea Of Thoughts...or falling asleep in front of the monitor

Post by FallenDragon »

Yeah, I was kinda disappointed that Endrance and Sakubo never made an appearance, neither Tabby, Azure Balmung and Azure Orca. But I think I saw Silabus just for a second there, so maybe Gaspard was there too, I'm not sure.
They put the arena scene with the Alkaid, but was it too much to ask to show the whole fight? :( *Sigh* Oh well...
VenusShadowWarlock
Location: The Shadow Pokemon lab in Pokemon Colosseum, tugging on Ein's bouncy hair thingy :D

Post by VenusShadowWarlock »

FallenDragon wrote:They put the arena scene with the Alkaid, but was it too much to ask to show the whole fight? :( *Sigh* Oh well...
I agree. It was only one scene, they could've made it longer. Sheesh...
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

That looked like the whole battle for me though. Haseo crazily leaped onto Alkaid and she OWNED him in one hit >P lol
FallenDragon
Location: Lost In A Sea Of Thoughts...or falling asleep in front of the monitor

Post by FallenDragon »

What about his avatar going berserk, and she calling him a cheater.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Didn't happen in Trilogy as i can see. She just owned him, and while he was all hyped from winning the other battles and about to activate Skeith, that defeat took all that way and he didn't activate Skeith until Kite's battle.
Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

VenusShadowWarlock wrote:
FallenDragon wrote:They put the arena scene with the Alkaid, but was it too much to ask to show the whole fight? :( *Sigh* Oh well...
I agree. It was only one scene, they could've made it longer. Sheesh...
Yowkow's cameo was purely just fanservice, since she is pretty much the most popular GU girl. No other girl came even close to her in the official polls. Nothing more nothing less. Not that I'm complaining, since it involves beating Haseo (HA! HA! HA!). Oh the guilty pleasures I get from seeing Haseo beaten.

It sucks they didn't include the other Epitaph users, but in grand scheme of things, they aren't directly connected to Ovan's troubles anyway. Since this movie is mostly about Haseo, Atoli and Ovan, there really isn't much anybody else could do.

Also why would you want Cubia anyway? GU Cubia sucks, he was nothing more than a poorly conceived plot device to make GU longer. I'm glad they didn't include him.
Asyllum

Post by Asyllum »

and then, Skeith didnt DD all the other avatar... so cubia wont come (from the logic point of view)
Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

Asyllum wrote:and then, Skeith didnt DD all the other avatar... so cubia wont come (from the logic point of view)
Cubia in GU had absolutely nothing to do with the avatars DD. He came to be only when Haseo's Xth form earned the definition to the Key of the Twilight, and thus became the anti-existence to it.
Asyllum

Post by Asyllum »

Fragments.beta wrote:
Asyllum wrote:and then, Skeith didnt DD all the other avatar... so cubia wont come (from the logic point of view)
Cubia in GU had absolutely nothing to do with the avatars DD. He came to be only when Haseo's Xth form earned the definition to the Key of the Twilight, and thus became the anti-existence to it.
uuh, sorry,
then from all the time, i always mistaken with ovan quote: "you who already devour 7 of 8 epitaph" :(
Hakumei

Post by Hakumei »

Asyllum wrote:
Fragments.beta wrote:
uuh, sorry,
then from all the time, i always mistaken with ovan quote: "you who already devour 7 of 8 epitaph" :(
The 8 Epitaphs together create the Key, correct?. What you two are trying to say is that he never had all 8 to have Cubia appear is all.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Atleast Sakubo and Endrance are in Parody mode.
Fragments.beta wrote:Cubia in GU had absolutely nothing to do with the avatars DD. He came to be only when Haseo's Xth form earned the definition to the Key of the Twilight, and thus became the anti-existence to it.
Hey genius. Haseo got Xth-Form from Data Draining the other Epitaph Users. Way to fail.
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

Haseo more specifically got his Xth Form from merging with Skeith. But in the context of the movie, he got it from his rabu-rabu with Atoli.

And people, you should probably get this through your heads. This isn't the .hack//G.U. games. They are under no obligation to follow the game story to a T. Haseo entered the tournament because he wanted to get stronger and that was a fast way to do it. Endrance, as much as I love him, was unnecessary to the plot. Same with Sakubo.

Mind you, I'm still upset they didn't atleast get a cameo, but what can you do, right?
Xanathos

Post by Xanathos »

As far as i knew, the Xth Form was gained by Haseo fusing completely with Skeith's Epitaph. Then, the "key of twilight" was the only way to summon Aura, using Aina as a medium. And that "key" was Haseo with all the Epitaphs. Maybe, the last Epitaph was purely DDrained in the last fight Haseo got with Ovan, right after that fight Haseo got the Xth Form, making the timing just perfect.

Now, if some mod think i'm wrong, i'll be happy to hear the explanation, because i always want to correct my point of view.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Haseo fusing with the PC was PART of it, but Skeith had absorbed the data of all eight Epitaphs, and that was what was used to create Xth Form.
Jakal Of Twilight

Post by Jakal Of Twilight »

So what ever happened to Azure Kite?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

He exploded, what the hell do you think happened?