Trilogy Discussion Thread

GyppyGirl2021
.hack//aficionado
.hack//aficionado

Re: Trilogy Discussion Thread

Postby GyppyGirl2021 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:04 pm

Eh, my big problem with Lowenthal is that he just doesn't do a very good Haseo. Not saying he's a bad VA (did great as Luke in Tales of the Abyss), but just didn't do a good Haseo.
let's cross the sky, to the future!

_Tri-edge_
.hack//aficionado
.hack//aficionado

Postby _Tri-edge_ » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:14 pm

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Eh, my big problem with Lowenthal is that he just doesn't do a very good Haseo. Not saying he's a bad VA (did great as Luke in Tales of the Abyss), but just didn't do a good Haseo.

I think he did quite well. I mean, Haseo was every bit like Sasuke, so who'd be perfect to fit the bill as Haseo's VA than the orignal VA for Sasuke?

GyppyGirl2021
.hack//aficionado
.hack//aficionado

Postby GyppyGirl2021 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:51 am

It wasn't who they used, it was how they voiced, if you get what I mean. Also, I haven't watched Naruto, so I don't know how good Lowenthal did as Sasuke.

I actually preferred Haseo's Roots dub, tbh.
let's cross the sky, to the future!

Anime Monkey
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Postby Anime Monkey » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:28 am

Sha wrote:I really wanted to hear shino being voiced by Kelly Sheridan

Ehh, I prefer Kari Wahlgren as Shino over Kelly Sheridan myself. Wahlgren just seems to get the right sound of the voice down.

Anyway, I am saddened by this news. I was actually really looking forward to a .hack//G.U. Trilogy dub, one that would have hopefully used all the same peeps from the games. But no, we won't get to hear any epic Lowenthal yelling, such a disappointment.
I'll still buy the DVD regardless, I'm just not as excited about it as before anymore.
"Never forget the love you first felt for The World."

emptyazureskies
.hacker
.hacker

Postby emptyazureskies » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:32 pm

I agree it should be Dubbed and BTW where the hell is our Dubbed Returner it should come on the same disk as this... as long as Yuri is Haseo they can use the Roots cast for everything else if they use the GU cast instead thats fine too as long as they for the love of god doent use Shino's GU VA... that being said i think AT is crazy the JP VA that Trilogy uses for Ovan does NOT do him justice and he is practically THE main character

AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Postby AuraTwilight » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:27 pm

that being said i think AT is crazy the JP VA that Trilogy uses for Ovan does NOT do him justice and he is practically THE main character

It's the original voice actor, how does it not do him justice? It's Ovan's ORIGINAL VOICE.
All will obey the mighty Auratwilight
AT, you are officially the greatest person in the world.
DO NOT F*CK WITH AURATWILIGHT!
NEVER EVER lecture AT. He/she is the Dr. House of these boards.

Please do not PM me. Use my email.

HeadHunter
lurker
lurker

Postby HeadHunter » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:14 am

Dunno if it was asked already, but will there be Blu-ray US release of the movie? I saw only dvd on amazon.
the sun is in your eyes, the sun is in your ears, but you can't see the sun ever in your darkness,
no escape from my visions of the world, you will cry all alone

Anime Monkey
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Postby Anime Monkey » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:15 am

HeadHunter wrote:Dunno if it was asked already, but will there be Blu-ray US release of the movie? I saw only dvd on amazon.

No, there are no plans for any Blu-ray release.
"Never forget the love you first felt for The World."

HeadHunter
lurker
lurker

Postby HeadHunter » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:43 am

Anime Monkey wrote:
HeadHunter wrote:Dunno if it was asked already, but will there be Blu-ray US release of the movie? I saw only dvd on amazon.

No, there are no plans for any Blu-ray release.

Thanks, but meh, thats disappointing, was so looking forward to some full hd .hack awesomeness.
the sun is in your eyes, the sun is in your ears, but you can't see the sun ever in your darkness,

no escape from my visions of the world, you will cry all alone

.hack//legend
.hack//legend

Postby Avatar_Crim » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:49 pm

not sure if i read any of this correctly or not, but there was a movie?
crim crim crim crim

TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Postby TheSorrow » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:36 pm

.Hack//GU Trilogy is an OVA based off GU, though with several differences especially by the end. You could consider it a GU movie though :P
There is no use moving back, you can't trace back your path
Time has passed since we had last met, but we never meet without farewell

.hack//legend
.hack//legend

Postby Avatar_Crim » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:38 pm

ah ok, well, i guess i need to get going on the games then, considering im still on infection :P but thats what i get for buying a ps2 soo late.
crim crim crim crim

Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Postby Helbaworshipper » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:20 am

I tried to watch the trilogy, I really did. However, the amount of Haseo and Atoli annoyed so much out of me. If there were more characters in it maybe, but honestly I couldn't watch it. Perhaps what they had to cut bothered me. I can understand that though, it would have been a much longer movie if they had included everything.

“Everythings a choice. Nobody's born good. Nobody's born evil. It's always a choice.”― Tom Hiddleston

emptyazureskies
.hacker
.hacker

Postby emptyazureskies » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:47 pm

he just comes off as ordinary to me Ovan is a unique interesting genius and it just didnt show it..

.hack//legend
.hack//legend

Postby Avatar_Crim » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:17 pm

would it ruin anything if i watched it without having played the games? I have seen //roots and that was pretty interesting, even if i didnt get what was happening. (prolly cause i didnt play the games i am assuming?)
crim crim crim crim

TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Postby TheSorrow » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:24 pm

Avatar_Crim wrote:would it ruin anything if i watched it without having played the games? I have seen //roots and that was pretty interesting, even if i didnt get what was happening. (prolly cause i didnt play the games i am assuming?)

The plot by the end is very different, but what you see in Trilogy as well as the characters' identities are real and the same way they are in GU, so yeah, it would ruin quite alot 'XD

.hack//legend
.hack//legend

Postby Avatar_Crim » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:55 pm

alright, then i shall not watch it til i get to that point in the games. I dont care for skipping stuff to much and not understanding what is happening. Also, what kind of movie is it? By that i mean is the graphics like a 3-d thing similar to the games, or the same as the shows would be?
crim crim crim crim

TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Postby TheSorrow » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:59 pm

Avatar_Crim wrote:alright, then i shall not watch it til i get to that point in the games. I dont care for skipping stuff to much and not understanding what is happening. Also, what kind of movie is it? By that i mean is the graphics like a 3-d thing similar to the games, or the same as the shows would be?

The graphics are identical to those of the FMV scenes from the game. In fact, you'll see that a few scenes are the very same ones as in the game, with no absolute different between them XD It's not anime-like like Roots.

.hack//legend
.hack//legend

Postby Avatar_Crim » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:01 pm

oh ok. well, it has most definitely caught my interest and now i have another good reason why i should complete these games.
crim crim crim crim

DotHack-Haseo
.hack//aficionado
.hack//aficionado

Postby DotHack-Haseo » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:41 pm

TheSorrow wrote:
Avatar_Crim wrote:alright, then i shall not watch it til i get to that point in the games. I dont care for skipping stuff to much and not understanding what is happening. Also, what kind of movie is it? By that i mean is the graphics like a 3-d thing similar to the games, or the same as the shows would be?

The graphics are identical to those of the FMV scenes from the game. In fact, you'll see that a few scenes are the very same ones as in the game, with no absolute different between them XD It's not anime-like like Roots.

How wrong you are my friend. The scenes are well above what the PS2 is capable of producing. So comparing the scenes and saying there are no changes to it at all is kind of moronic, I would think. Or do you not notice all the Gaussian blur, faster movement, and all around improved quality. You have to be blind to not notice the change in quality.

Although, I do admit that some of the scenes are the same.....they have been ramped up a considerable amount to look good. And have you seen this movie from the R2 DVD perspective on a HD TV? Gorgeous. And when I play .Hack//G.U.-RRR on it, it doesn't look at all anything like the movie does, not even the FMV scenes.

Just saying man......
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “//G.U. Trilogy, Roots”