Trilogy Discussion Thread

AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: Trilogy Discussion Thread

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's okay to TALK about fansubs, just not tell/ask how to download them.
ShinoBee

Post by ShinoBee »

I just watched it.

It was okay, really. It's worth a watch if you like pretty CGI and all (especially for those who want to make avis/sigs, good scenes for those), but I wouldn't say it's the bestest movie ever. The fight scenes were pretty cool, and the story was a bit BLAH though. Then again, it's a big summary of the 3 games.

I definitely DON'T recommend this movie for those who want all-out accuracy and are completely blank about the series. If you wanna see another view of the story, then go ahead. <AIDA> Atoli and B-Set Haseo are pretty cool to see. Along with that, Corbenik and Skeith actually have a face (I never bothered to notice till now).
Domination

Post by Domination »

Revelation wrote:
Domination wrote:bad bad i get the movie and is raw -.-
i'm waiting for fansub !!
i understand a litle of japoneses probably i gonna risk see it!
I advise you not to talk about fan translations on this site as the staff have a no-tolerance level for any amount of illegal activity involved on here. Best to keep such things to yourself if you know what I mean :wink: .
-.- i ask the fansub? i ask to download?
is not illegal :D.
I can have the original version and wanted a sub so...? still piracy? lol
you guys forget what is and what is not piracy.... i know that is forum rules but i can talk about it! not asking not begging.
piracy can be at your country and in mine can't be so... can be discuted.
ps- .hack rule
d5t

Post by d5t »

Domination wrote:
Revelation wrote:
Domination wrote:bad bad i get the movie and is raw -.-
i'm waiting for fansub !!
i understand a litle of japoneses probably i gonna risk see it!
I advise you not to talk about fan translations on this site as the staff have a no-tolerance level for any amount of illegal activity involved on here. Best to keep such things to yourself if you know what I mean :wink: .
-.- i ask the fansub? i ask to download?
is not illegal :D.
I can have the original version and wanted a sub so...? still piracy? lol
you guys forget what is and what is not piracy.... i know that is forum rules but i can talk about it! not asking not begging.
piracy can be at your country and in mine can't be so... can be discuted.
ps- .hack rule
You follow the rules like everyone else here; you're not immune to them because your country doesn't respect intellectual property rights. And yes discussion about Trilogy is welcome; NOT how to pirate it. I don't know how more myself and others can be clear about that...
fepkk

Post by fepkk »

I watched it without any fansubs(just japanese) so, I can't say anything about the talking but the fighting scenes are amazing, really worthful to see. Now I am hoping to watch it sbbed some day soon.
Domination

Post by Domination »

you dont get my point.
of course i follow the rules of forum and i've read it that is not the question.
and yes my country respect intellectual property and in clase at university they give me that aswell about lawsuit and european protection of copyright content.
(quoting myself i never said that i had intention to pirate something).
.. about trilogy : i'v read in alot of foruns about this and all people say that is better first playing the games and NOT create such a fuss about the movie. Problem here : dont exist european version, i'm thinking to adquire the US version what u guys think ? that worth?
Revelation

Post by Revelation »

Domination wrote:you dont get my point.
of course i follow the rules of forum and i've read it that is not the question.
and yes my country respect intellectual property and in clase at university they give me that aswell about lawsuit and european protection of copyright content.
(quoting myself i never said that i had intention to pirate something).
.. about trilogy : i'v read in alot of foruns about this and all people say that is better first playing the games and NOT create such a fuss about the movie. Problem here : dont exist european version, i'm thinking to adquire the US version what u guys think ? that worth?
Unfortunately to say, there is no U.S. version announced yet so you couldn't get it from the United States either. The only place it's currently available in is Japan. I suggest an import for it if you've already imported other things before.
Maaku

Post by Maaku »

Well, just watched the RAW. I'm pleased to announce that I understood at least more than half of what was being said at any given time.
Except whenever Yata or Pi opened their mouths.
And that stuff at the very end, though that was already dealt with.

As ridiculous as it may seem, though I understood most of it, actually translating it into English is a daunting task, and I'm not too confident in my ability to do so.
So I'll try eventually and post my progress here.
TRILOGY is basically a very shiny tribute to the games.
Yeah, definitely seems that way.
Though, considering everything, I'm actually satisfied with the movie. The .hack series isn't anywhere near as big as Naruto or Bleach or any of the others, yet it somehow seems to be raking in enough money to be dishing out things left and right for six years now without stopping. Games, anime, manga, magazines, a trading card game, actual text-only (for the most part) novels, this movie, and now more manga is in-progress and another one's got its own tentative title.

I can already feel the torrents of AMVs flooding into YouTube. We've got angst scenes, action scenes, psychopathic angry Haseo scenes, psychopathic angry Atoli scenes, slow scenes with Haseo and Atoli hugging...
Speaking of them hugging, I thought that Atoli getting her head chopped off was totally awesome. Hell, I like Atoli (though she was annoying at first, and Bridget Hoffman early on didn't help much), and even paired her up with Haseo for the marriage event. But the shock factor (ie. "Oh no they didn't they didn't they didn't just make her a Lost One--") seemed to me like .hack Conglomerate apologizing and saying, "Sorry we had to make you sit through that, here's some violence."
Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

I was just looking at the reenactment of the infamous scene where Haseo makes Atoli cry. Anyone notice how Atoli is more tolerable here? She sounded more honest and less sanctimonious. Consequently it makes Haseo look like an even bigger dick than in the games when he explodes on her.
Maaku

Post by Maaku »

Fragments.beta wrote:I was just looking at the reenactment of the infamous scene where Haseo makes Atoli cry. Anyone notice how Atoli is more tolerable here? She sounded more honest and less sanctimonious. Consequently it makes Haseo look like an even bigger dick than in the games when he explodes on her.
Bridget Hoffman's voice in Rebirth was harmful enough to shatter glass at the right frequencies. That may have been a factor there.
Asyllum

Post by Asyllum »

Fragments.beta wrote:I was just looking at the reenactment of the infamous scene where Haseo makes Atoli cry. Anyone notice how Atoli is more tolerable here? She sounded more honest and less sanctimonious. Consequently it makes Haseo look like an even bigger dick than in the games when he explodes on her.
yup
in Trilogy, theres no scene where Atoli told haseo not to kick lucky animals (which is very ridiculous and getting on my nerve)
Maaku wrote:Bridget Hoffman's voice in Rebirth was harmful enough to shatter glass at the right frequencies. That may have been a factor there.
LOL, atoli and her high pitch
Dualreact

Post by Dualreact »

the movie was quite good, even tho it was a bit too fast paced, but overall, it's a great movie.
k-su

Post by k-su »

Now, for the bug question: Better than Advent Children, yeh or neh?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Better question:

Death: Better than rectal cancer? Yeh or Neh?

That's pretty much what it translates to.
Domination

Post by Domination »

omg what a good movie :)
worth seeing it :D
wher is balmung?
AzureHaseo100

Post by AzureHaseo100 »

i am watching it right now and it's more than great it's great
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

wher is balmung?
Who cares? Give us Endrance and Sakubo before giving us Balmung.
k-su

Post by k-su »

AuraTwilight wrote:Better question:

Death: Better than rectal cancer? Yeh or Neh?

That's pretty much what it translates to.
You got me there.

And needs more GABI!
Maaku

Post by Maaku »

Balmung annoys me. He was an ass in AI Buster and has more than enough appearances in Legend of the Twilight--if you wanna see him so bad, just read it.

(Yes, I know this is from the 4koma, but I still think it's funny.)
Domination

Post by Domination »

lol iv already read it!
the story about his character aswell. i just saw some movies in youtube that appear in game the balmung just that...