Trilogy Discussion Thread

Yugi_The_Ninja

Re: Trilogy Discussion Thread

Post by Yugi_The_Ninja »

IS IT TRUE THAT THE CHARACTERS FROM THE GAME ARNT IN THE MOVIE!?!
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

Stop spamming. If someone doesn't answer you in one thread, they're not going to answer you in another one.

But to answer your question, yes. Some characters are missing. This is a one and a half hour movie. They couldn't have possibly fit all that crap in.
sunahisoka

Post by sunahisoka »

..Came back just in time to see it was out, got a bit excited and looked up the subbed version. Completely breathe taking, but I agree with whoever says it was a bit rushed. I felt like it was just fast forwarding random scenes from the game, the atolixhaseo was good, very touching. But I was just disappointed in the length.

The characters missing annoyed me. But hey, the battles made up for it.
<3
ReimeiNoAkatsuki

Post by ReimeiNoAkatsuki »

sunahisoka wrote:..Came back just in time to see it was out, got a bit excited and looked up the subbed version. Completely breathe taking, but I agree with whoever says it was a bit rushed. I felt like it was just fast forwarding random scenes from the game, the atolixhaseo was good, very touching. But I was just disappointed in the length.

The characters missing annoyed me. But hey, the battles made up for it.
<3
I found two subbed versions, but one sucked A LOT.
If CC Corp put the ALL of the three games into this, including the HaseoxAtoli scenes, this movie probably would have lasted well over 5 hours. That's just an estimated guess on my part, though.
The HaseoxAtoli scenes were very touching, I have to agree. I would have seriously loved it if they put that into the game. :P
The part where Atoli got decapitated by the AIDA arm completely surprised me. Also, Haseo seemed to bleed when Atoli hit him with a desk, hit him with the AIDA arms, and stabbed him in the chest, but when Atoli died there was no blood...Not saying that I'm disappointed, it's just strange. It was very...Violent. O.O
Maaku

Post by Maaku »

ReimeiNoAkatsuki wrote:Also, Haseo seemed to bleed when Atoli hit him with a desk, hit him with the AIDA arms, and stabbed him in the chest, but when Atoli died there was no blood...Not saying that I'm disappointed, it's just strange. It was very...Violent. O.O
I don't know what to call it, but the classroom area probably wasn't like the regular The World. Probably more like an AIDA Server created by Atoli's consciousness after being infected by AIDA, hence Haseo's wounds and blood. Though I'm probably borrowing a little of the logic brought on by the .hack//G.U.+ manga, where if you're hurt by an AIDA-PC, it hurts in real life, combined with the "regular" irregularities of being in an AIDA Server (being "inside" the game, not having a controller/M2D/etc.). Therefore, I think it Atoli had killed Haseo in that classroom, his player probably would have fallen into a coma.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Being hurt in an AIDA server doesn't really hurt you in real life, and to be honest, the space Haseo and Atoli were in wasn't really an AIDA Server but more of a psychic realm inside Atoli's mind, a sort of telepathic interaction instead of one that happened inside the game. Thus, the normal rules need not apply.
Hakumei

Post by Hakumei »

AuraTwilight wrote:Being hurt in an AIDA server doesn't really hurt you in real life, and to be honest, the space Haseo and Atoli were in wasn't really an AIDA Server but more of a psychic realm inside Atoli's mind, a sort of telepathic interaction instead of one that happened inside the game. Thus, the normal rules need not apply.
Juuust like that desk thrown to Haseo's forehead.....ahahah
Procyon

Post by Procyon »

Post concerning the beginning Dante quote from The Inferno. I think the translation was somewhat muddled, because it was double-translated. Sometimes it's hard enough to have things make sense between Japanese and English, but going from Italian to Japanese to English just makes it as bad as a language we don't know in the first place. Mind you, I don't claim to be fluent in Italian, let alone have the ability to do Dante's verses justice, but I attempted to translate it.

Per me si va ne la citta dolente
Per me si va ne l'etterno dolore
Per me si va tra la perduta gente

Giustizia mosse il mio altro fatore;
facemi la divina podestate,
la somma dapienza è 'l primo amore

Dinanzi a me non fuor cose create
se non etterne, e io etterno duro,
lasciate ogne sperano voi ch'intrate.

Through me one goes to the city of pain.
Through me one goes to eternal suffering.
Through me one goes among the lost.

Justice moved high my creator;
made by divine power,
supreme wisdom, and prime love.

Before me nothing was but things eternal,
and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter.

Basically, it's the inscription on the gates of Hell. :-p
ReimeiNoAkatsuki

AuraTwilight wrote:Being hurt in an AIDA server doesn't really hurt you in real life, and to be honest, the space Haseo and Atoli were in wasn't really an AIDA Server but more of a psychic realm inside Atoli's mind, a sort of telepathic interaction instead of one that happened inside the game. Thus, the normal rules need not apply.
You know, I didn't even think of that. It would be a psychic realm, since Atoli was able to change her own appearance with Innis and Haseo obtained those wounds.
Being hurt in an AIDA server doesn't hurt you in real life, but if you are killed you fall into a coma. When Sakaki took over Moon Tree Matsu, Hiiragi and Sophora were comatose for a while, but not that long. Maybe it was different, since it was created by a human controlling AIDA and not AIDA itself.
I have a nagging feeling that I'm forgetting something. -_-'
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

ReimeiNoAkatsuki wrote:
You know, I didn't even think of that. It would be a psychic realm, since Atoli was able to change her own appearance with Innis and Haseo obtained those wounds.
Being hurt in an AIDA server doesn't hurt you in real life, but if you are killed you fall into a coma. When Sakaki took over Moon Tree Matsu, Hiiragi and Sophora were comatose for a while, but not that long. Maybe it was different, since it was created by a human controlling AIDA and not AIDA itself.
When you're killed in an AIDA Server, you only remain comatose for as long as the AIDA Server exists.
Maaku

Post by Maaku »

Regarding the passage from Dante's Inferno at the beginning, instead of translating the Japanese or Italian, someone with the copy of the epic poem can just...you know what, better yet:

http://www.bartleby.com/20/103.html
“THROUGH me you pass into the city of woe:
Through me you pass into eternal pain:
Through me among the people lost for aye.
Justice the founder of my fabric moved:
To rear me was the task of Power divine,
Supremest Wisdom, and primeval Love.
Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure.
All hope abandon, ye who enter here.”
ReimeiNoAkatsuki

AuraTwilight wrote:
ReimeiNoAkatsuki wrote:
When you're killed in an AIDA Server, you only remain comatose for as long as the AIDA Server exists.
Oh. THAT'S what I forgot.
Maybe we should get back on topic about Trilogy. Not trying to be rude or anything, just a thought. :D
ratboy01

Post by ratboy01 »

just watched subbed version, thought it was amazing although rushed.

also whats up with that bit at the end?? is it pi and yata??
.hack confuses me and always gives me headache trying to work out stuff.
lets have some more discussion on the end credit bit.

one final thing, who the hell is bith the black??? and pi's brother (is tht amagi)??
i thought i knew most stuff

im starting to get another famous .hack headache please help!
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's Pi and a mysterious man we haven't met yet, an entirely new character.
Procyon

Post by Procyon »

Maaku wrote:Regarding the passage from Dante's Inferno at the beginning, instead of translating the Japanese or Italian, someone with the copy of the epic poem can just...you know what, better yet:

http://www.bartleby.com/20/103.html
“THROUGH me you pass into the city of woe:
Through me you pass into eternal pain:
Through me among the people lost for aye.
Justice the founder of my fabric moved:
To rear me was the task of Power divine,
Supremest Wisdom, and primeval Love.
Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure.
All hope abandon, ye who enter here.”
That takes all the fun out of it, you know. My translation wasn't half-bad anyway. =/
conan151091

Post by conan151091 »

I haven't watch the whole movie yet, but damn my weird habit, I watched the ending. I love the ending which I think so beautiful. And the ending song was great, my most favorite song from the series.
Maaku

Post by Maaku »

one final thing, who the hell is bith the black???
Bith the Black is an elderly sage and a servant of Helba (the Queen of the Dark) in the Epitaph of Twilight. He assists the "shadowed ones" that quest for the Twilight Dragon.

Outside of the Epitaph, Bith the Black is the codename of Ichiro Sato, who assisted Helba (the level 99 superhacker who was active during the Second Network Crisis) on the real-world front. He sought to prevent CC Corp from breaking its ties between The World and the coma victims.
and pi's brother (is tht amagi)??
Pi's brother is Jun Bansyoya, and is an entirely different person than Jyotaro Amagi.
True, they were both leaders in the R.A. Plan of Project G.U., though they were practically complete opposites. Bansyoya feared a potential anti-existence from the creation of the Epitaphs, whereas Amagi wanted to challenge and surpass the genius of Harald Hoerwick. Amagi himself decided to become one of the first Epitaph PCs, among the other original eight, despite Bansyoya's efforts to sabotage the R.A. Plan before its first test.
The test was a disaster. The original eight Epitaph PCs were temporarily put into comas, the Epitaphs escaped into The World, and Amagi, who went insane from the backlash, set fire to CC Corp HQ, destroying more than 80% of The World's data.

Next time you have a question, just go here: http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/.hack//Wiki
Pyrosphere

Post by Pyrosphere »

I personally found the movie to be very good and satisfying, but it kind of left out one thing. If this was to be an alternative ending to the anime series, .hack//Roots, then why didn't they include Azure Balmung and Azure Orca? They showed them at the ending of Roots. It would have made more sense if they hadn't shown them at all in the anime series. I realize that production time / airtime was an issue, but that's the only thing they left out.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Pyrosphere wrote:I personally found the movie to be very good and satisfying, but it kind of left out one thing. If this was to be an alternative ending to the anime series, .hack//Roots, then why didn't they include Azure Balmung and Azure Orca? They showed them at the ending of Roots. It would have made more sense if they hadn't shown them at all in the anime series. I realize that production time / airtime was an issue, but that's the only thing they left out.
This wasn't meant to be an alternative ending of Roots, just simply a movie of .Hack//GU with a quite different plot development for no real purpose except having you enjoy the awesome CG battles with some HaseoxAtoli.
And don't even try to give a sense to Trilogy. They never explained what was the deal with Azure Kite, didn't go any further with AIDA and Epitaphs, and talking about the latter, didn't even show nor mattered who were all of the Epitaph Users and why they were there. The movie wasn't made for that, just to enjoy the awesome scenes and think about nothing pretty much, maybe until a specific part of the ending :P Anyone who really wanted to understand what was going on should play GU, though this movie is made more for those who have played them or have a good knowledge of GU already.
Pyrosphere

Post by Pyrosphere »

TheSorrow wrote:Anyone who really wanted to understand what was going on should play GU, though this movie is made more for those who have played them or have a good knowledge of GU already.
My thoughts exactly. If you put it that way, then I kind of understand why they didn't go into much depth with Trilogy. Thanks for getting back to me.