Trilogy Discussion Thread

Sha
Location: Lives in a small apartment. Dreams of one day living in a large house filling with Corn Dracaena.

Re: Trilogy Discussion Thread

Post by Sha »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:
And you wasted your time typing this why? You know how AT acts. Ignore it and just continue discussing what the topic says. he/she's just gonna keep posting, so there's no point in trying to correct the person's attitude.

Trilogy overall wasn't what I hoped for, so I pass it as Mediocre. It just didn't have that "feeling" like it did with the games. Plus, many things that should have been in there weren't, even though this was just a re-telling of the saga. I hate the fact that  Haseo recieved his Xth Form with the power of Innis and "love". x(.I'd rather he  overcame fighting Ovan in the B-ST form by himself rather than Atoli's conscious saving him.
Yes that Exactly what i felt ...

And what most bothering me is .Hack//Trilogy is doesn't fit any of .Hack series.. Like In The .Hack//Returner we can't see the relation of .Hack//Trilogy in there... and that Include .Hack//Links

But then again for someone that isn't know any .Hack series or never play the games must be enjoy wacth Trilogy saga...
The CG was Great and the Fight scene are good but the story is ..... isn't growing,

Well, I think there's another way to satisfied The Fans ... they should give more scene and complexity on the story or make some .Hack//Roots chara apparance in the movie ...
It's better than just cut other chara... and make new story without strong concept....

Hmm... why this bothering me so much, I guess i've to stop over think about this .. *giggles*
Owh... well, ^^
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

And you wasted your time typing this why? You know how AT acts. Ignore it and just continue discussing what the topic says. he/she's just gonna keep posting, so there's no point in trying to correct the person's attitude.

Yea, there is no point in retaliating, just have to get used to it...though i know how you feel Zelkova........

Anyways, what pissed me off the most if of-course how Hasoe got his Xth Form and just the B-ST Form in general, it seemed too.......
"un- .Hack -ish" , if you know what i mean. It reminds me of when Kite changed at the end of XXXX  after he stabbed Aura with his blade and the surge of energy changed him, and made him look almost like AK

Just plain stupid to me, and what caused it, huh? I'm sure it wasn't Skeith>>
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Actually, it was. In the Trilogy continuity, Skeith's Epitaph power is manifesting anger.
You wanna know what AT, just shut your mouth and stop acting like you darn point of view is the law because it isn't.
God disagrees.
Spin

Post by Spin »

I thought Trilogy was pretty good, but I don't think I would have enjoyed it nearly as much if I hadn't have played the games. The Ovan fight scene and the ending in general were really interesting, but I really felt rushed through the rest of the film.

Still, I enjoyed it enough to buy the DVD if it came out here, especially if it had english dubs... I like them. I know I'm in the minority, but so what, I enjoy a movie more if it has a decent english cast and no subs, than if it has an amazing Japanese cast with subs. I mean, I enjoy reading, but trying to read and watch moving images at the same time really subtracts fun points for me... which is why I started reading a lot more manga, simply because I have longer to look at the fight scenes after I'm finished with the dialouge.
Annwyn

Post by Annwyn »

I'm just gonna ask this here because I really don't see any point in starting a new thread.

Is there a reason Ovan calls Atoli "Atoli-kun" in the movie? I have no idea whether he calls her by that name in the game, because (A) I don't remember whether he even says her name in the few seconds they're seen together and (B) I've never seen the Japanese cutscenes for Rebirth/Reminisce/Redemption.

On that note, I also found it weird that Yata called Haseo "Haseo-kun" before they've even properly been acquainted, though I tried to rationalize that as Yata being his typical better-than-you he so is self...

But srsly. I thought "-kun" was strictly an honorific for close male friends or young boys--not that I know the first thing about the Japanese language. That said, could someone just clear up the conventional use for me? What's the accepted context for "-kun"? Internetz = not helping me right now.

And I'm going to refrain from voicing my opinion about this piece of **** movie because I'm sure there are people who enjoyed it. >_> oops
ZelkovatheWise
Location: Netslum and sometimes at the Moon Tree 7 Council Throne Room

Post by ZelkovatheWise »

If I remember correctly -kun means male but more or less its a polite way of speaking to a male to add -kun to the ending of the persons name. Why Ovan says this to Atoli could just be no more than a error on their part but as far as Haseo and Yata whether I am right or wrong it is Yata basically showing some kind of respect not as in true respect but to gain his trust. If you watch most shows the males are always called (name)-kun whether the person knows them or not.
FallenDragon
Location: Lost In A Sea Of Thoughts...or falling asleep in front of the monitor

Post by FallenDragon »

Annwyn wrote:Is there a reason Ovan calls Atoli "Atoli-kun" in the movie?
My knowledge in japanese is not that great, but from what I know is that kun, though most of the time is used to younger males or to another male of the same status, it's used on females as well, but is not very common; I think it's used by man with senior status to younger girls.
An example that comes to my mind is from Macross Frontier that Leon Mishima used to call Ranka Lee as Ranka-kun. If anyone here has seen the show and actually remembers.

So, is not an error.

Also Yata calls Haseo with kun for respect, calling him by his name would be considered rude.

At least that's from what I know about japanese honorifics >__>;; Hopefully this answered your question.
Annwyn

Post by Annwyn »

Cool. n.n Thanks to FallenDragon and ZelkovatheWise for clearing this up for me.
ZelkovatheWise
Location: Netslum and sometimes at the Moon Tree 7 Council Throne Room

Post by ZelkovatheWise »

Your welcome I'm glad I could be of assistance.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

TheSorrow wrote:
But I think everyone that already played the game (Hack//GU)
Maybe doesn't like this movie..But that's just maybe..
I've played and finished GU and i like Trilogy...but i do because of the sweet HaseoxAtoli and the awesome battle scenes. And because i learned that, in order to enjoy Trilogy the best, you gotta forget about everything and just enjoy the scenes as they are, because the story is probably as bad as LoTB anime was or worse :P
I'd have to agree on this.

Romance and action were the best part of the movie. And the music... by gawd I loved the music. <3
Sha
Location: Lives in a small apartment. Dreams of one day living in a large house filling with Corn Dracaena.

Post by Sha »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:
But I think everyone that already played the game (Hack//GU)
Maybe doesn't like this movie..But that's just maybe..
I've played and finished GU and i like Trilogy...but i do because of the sweet HaseoxAtoli and the awesome battle scenes. And because i learned that, in order to enjoy Trilogy the best, you gotta forget about everything and just enjoy the scenes as they are, because the story is probably as bad as LoTB anime was or worse :P
I'd have to agree on this.

Romance and action were the best part of the movie. And the music... by gawd I loved the music. <3
Yeah.. true,
But the .Hack//Trilogy is ruin .Hack//Roots concept and Above all It doesn't suit with .Hack//Returner.

And I way more prefer haseo got his Xth Form by defeating ovan... It's more rasional that way...
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Why are you trying to apply logic to the storyline of TRILOGY...?

Face it, the movie was all scenes, no story. :P
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

But there actually was a story, and it actually did make sense. People are just dumb.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

The games made more sense story-wise, imo. <.<
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, yea, what can you do with 90 minutes?
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

You have a point. :P

I'm still a TRILOGY fan for life, though. I wanna get it when it's released here :D
haseo09876

g.u trilogy

Post by haseo09876 »

helloo and salutations good fellows i've just received new exclusive info on .hack//G.U Triogy. 1 it's coming out in north america on 7/17/09 july 17 2009. 2 it's on my birthday hahaha. And 3 it's for dvd and blu-ray.
milliennium_fox

Re: g.u trilogy

Post by milliennium_fox »

Where did you hear the date from? We knew it would be released in July, but not exactly when.
silvercrowe

Post by silvercrowe »

well that's good to hear but where did the information about the date came from?..
Sha

Post by Sha »

silvercrowe wrote:well that's good to hear but where did the information about the date came from?..
maybe from the official site or wikipedia....