Trilogy Discussion Thread

TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Trilogy Discussion Thread

Post by TheSorrow »

crimsonxking wrote:Since when could you hug AIDA away?
Since when you could hug your love to give yourself an illegal form that comes with Dual Guns and an Avatar upgrade, some dashing too
>3>

Actually, IMO what happened with AIDA<Atoli> is that the AIDA took control of Atoli's feelings involving her loneliness and how no one truly looked at her and all. When she finally realized Haseo was really there for look at her and won't ever leave her alone and all, Atoli's bad emotions disappeared and AIDA couldn't take over any other emotions, so it went away or died somehow. At least that's what it seems to be more reasonable.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

It was cheesy, but it was exactly what was needed for the emotional transition. I mean, what else could they have done, Have Haseo beat the **** out of her and say "I'm doing this because I love you"?

I'm sorry, but that's spousal abuse.
Akuta
The Forum Blubb
The Forum Blubb

Post by Akuta »

I was disappointed by how much they rushed through things (it was too ambitious of them to attempt to summarize the whole trilogy into one movie obviously) and they made some of the most awesome scenes in the game...pretty boring. Excellent example is the awakening. One of the best scenes in the entire trilogy of games and one of the least memorable scenes in the trilogy movie :(
The fights you fought as a player were made ridicilously awesome in the movie though. It's a shame xth wasn't used more ;P

My final words on the movie are as follows:
Haseo is the bone of his Sword.
He has created over a thousand fangirl.
Steel is his body, and fire is his blood.
Has withstood yaoi-fanart to create over a thousand fangirls,
yet those fangirls will never shut the **** up.
So as Haseo cuts himself,
Unlimited Blade Works!
On a side-note, all grammatical errors in that quote (including "fangirl") are intended.
ShinoBee

Post by ShinoBee »

Rofl @ Akuta's quote.

It's not like this movie was made to be an Oscar-winning one lol. I really do wish it was a tad longer and that the scene transition went smoother. :/ Even <AIDA>Atoli couldn't make up some of the flaws of the movie.
Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

Unlimited Blade Works!
LPure win here.

As for the movie the only time I actually enjoyed it was with the Hase vss Ovan battle, since it actually felt refreshing and original. The whole HaseoxAtoli was a disappointment. I was hoping it would give some new insight to this couple but it came off as incredibly stupid.
Namihana

Post by Namihana »

I enjoyed the cathedral battle, though it was short. I also liked the new "Data Cannon"(not Drain cuz...it didn't drain. It go boom). x3
Kryuzei
Location: The sixth dimension; those who alter the reality itself to make the world came true.

Post by Kryuzei »

UBW, Gate of Babylon + Naruto ????
-_-; There might be some more parody in this movie that I don't notice. .

Btw, what's with the ending (the one with Pi and Yata). . I don't understand any of them 0.o;
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Kryuzei wrote:UBW, Gate of Babylon + Naruto ????
-_-; There might be some more parody in this movie that I don't notice. .

Btw, what's with the ending (the one with Pi and Yata). . I don't understand any of them 0.o;
It's a reference to .hack//LINK, so no one knows what the dilly is. And that guy wasn't Yata.
Kouen
The Crimson Dusk
The Crimson Dusk

Post by Kouen »

Unlimited Blade Works!
Finally got around to watching Trilogy. I have to say that it exceeded my expectations, although it had some really cheesy scenes. Some of the parts were either very awesome or just plain funny (Think they could've made that long floating in water hug a little bit shorter?). Trilogy made me take a liking towards Atoli. One thing that irked me was the complete rehauling of the Data Drain, instead of Data Drain, you get a Data A-Bomb.

I haven't played the games yet so this is the first time I actually watched the later part of .hack//G.U. that isn't a wall of text. I think they did a good job extracting the basic plot of G.U. and throwing it into a movie with some additional material.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I think they did a good job extracting the basic plot of G.U. and throwing it into a movie with some additional material.
Wow, you really HAVEN'T played the games.
d0tti3

Post by d0tti3 »

or you really haven't read the basic plotline.

The main essence of the game is there, minus a lot of meat of the story itself, simply leaving a skeleton to work with in GU.
Do you really think they would cram all of three games into the movie? No. I would certainly hope they wouldn't, because that's foolish in itself and bound for disaster.

In essence, all Haseo's purpose was to defeat Ovan, both in game and Trilogy. That's the basic gist. It's also in there that he finds the girl to calm his spaztastic temper and irrational grumpy lifestyle. So.

Boy is an Asshole>Boy finds girl>Girl gets upset with boy>Boy grows a pair and saves the girl>Boy faces his true enemy>Truths are revealed, revelations are made>Boy gets the Girl.

"The-End-Good-Night..."

That's basically all the game series was too, just add in dozens more characters, and have a more developed Sakaki [poor Trilogy!Sakaki], along with AIDA goodness, and there you have it.

Basic Plot~.

I do wish that they could've been more creative with the animation though, I mean, using cut scenes from the games? c'mon~. at least do different angles or something. I do plan on buying it though, as it pertains to my future as an animator, I want to learn~. I already bought the soundtrack and I love it~.
Samael

Post by Samael »

I'm gonna laugh if sales of this movie convince CC to pull an 'incredibly later' PAL release of G.U.

Laugh, cry and jump for ****in' joy.

Like that's gonna happen. *sighs* Oh well, at least we're getting some (largely non-canon) G.U. and the little hint at a sequel that will most likely never hit the shores of Great Britain unless in an extremely watered down form*cough*.

Dammit.
Lunaros

Post by Lunaros »

Samael wrote:I'm gonna laugh if sales of this movie convince CC to pull an 'incredibly later' PAL release of G.U.

Laugh, cry and jump for ****in' joy.

Like that's gonna happen. *sighs* Oh well, at least we're getting some (largely non-canon) G.U. and the little hint at a sequel that will most likely never hit the shores of Great Britain unless in an extremely watered down form*cough*.

Dammit.
I sure hope so. D: It probably won't mean an Australian release, but if it's PAL then I can actually play it, at least...!

But yes... the chances are very slim... ._.;
At the very least, it's a step forward for future PAL releases! X3;
d5t

Post by d5t »

A PAL release for some parts of Europe (not too sure what regions Beez distributes to) has been announced: www.dothackers.net
Mikes

Post by Mikes »

I've watched it today. Love i, but I don'yt understand one thing.

Why the heck when HAseo fights Ovan he looks so goddamn weird? I don't remember this from game. Oh, and this attack with 1 000 000 was gorgeous but **** stupid I think XD
Lunaros

Post by Lunaros »

d5t wrote:A PAL release for some parts of Europe (not too sure what regions Beez distributes to) has been announced: http://www.dothackers.net
Oh, yeah. I saw that. o: I meant the G.U. games- that's why I quoted Samael's post. ^^;
I'm sorry for the confusion... I should've made that clearer! .///.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Lunaros wrote:
d5t wrote:A PAL release for some parts of Europe (not too sure what regions Beez distributes to) has been announced: http://www.dothackers.net
Oh, yeah. I saw that. o: I meant the G.U. games- that's why I quoted Samael's post. ^^;
I'm sorry for the confusion... I should've made that clearer! .///.
I think Samael's post confused me. :D I'm rooting for all the fans to get GU over in Europe, although things are dimming as time goes on.
d5t

Post by d5t »

crimsonxking wrote:Wait... so is Europe getting a subbed version of the Japanese release, or are they actually going to dub the movie themselves with British voice actors.
I know licensed normally means they are making a dub, but I can't remember anything something was dubbed by Europe alone. Although I'll admit I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to dubs and stuff like that. So I can't really see a newly-casted British dub being made before America's cast dubs it (so I'm thinking it will be subbed) but it would be awesome to see an all-British voiced version of the movie. Actually, I really like the idea.
So, sorry if this is a dumb and obvious question, but I wasn't sure.
We're left in the dark without that information. As of right now Bandai Entertainment has not announced Trilogy as being licensed in the United States.We need someone who's familiar with Beez localization.
Samael

Post by Samael »

There's a part of me that wonders if we'll also get .hack//Roots because of this(since, Roots being the prequel to the G.U. games doubles as the prequel to G.U. Trilogy).

I guess I'm putting it down to the same hope I have concerning Persona 3:FES getting a PAL release. Good sales -> More/better products being released.

At this point any hope is good hope. Geez, I sound like a character in the freakin' games =p.

And sorry iffin' I confuzzled ya man.
|kenji|

Post by |kenji| »

read just now.. who cares about the movie, i want the game >___>
oh well.. maybe.. if it sells good... no >__>