Trilogy Discussion Thread

eclipseneko

Re: Trilogy Discussion Thread

Postby eclipseneko » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:14 am

I love how the movie turned out!!

mavrosheep

Postby mavrosheep » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:47 pm

guys, i just got a complete set of .hack//roots with the movie included, and considering how much i liked roots, i guess the movie is going to ruin it for me wont me? i'm thinking of not watching the movie, (partly because i dislike atoli for being similar to shino lol) or do you think i should just watch it?

TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Postby TheSorrow » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:28 pm

mavrosheep wrote:guys, i just got a complete set of .hack//roots with the movie included, and considering how much i liked roots, i guess the movie is going to ruin it for me wont me? i'm thinking of not watching the movie, (partly because i dislike atoli for being similar to shino lol) or do you think i should just watch it?

It won't really ruin it if you watched/enjoyed .Hack//Roots, but it might ruin it if you haven't played the .Hack//G.U. games, since many things happen in the movie that can be considered "spoilers" for the games.
Actually, .Hack//Roots and Trilogy aren't exactly related, at least not as much as G.U. and Trilogy are. Roots is just the story that happens before .Hack//G.U., and Trilogy is a summarized movie version of the G.U. games (the full name of the movie is ".Hack//G.U. Trilogy", the "trilogy" being the 3 games G.U. is composed of...Rebirth, Reminisce and Redemption). So, watching Trilogy won't ruin Roots for you at all, but if you have the intention of playing the games, you'll be spoiled alot of things and they won't be as surprising or shocking anymore when you see them in the games. And personally, i think Trilogy is best enjoyed after you're done with the games, because the story is so summarized it skips alot of things and you won't be able to understand it fully; instead if you already played the games, you already know all the skipped details and you can just enjoy certain changes and epic-looking scenes.
So, don't worry about not enjoying Trilogy because of Roots, but i'd recommend you to not watch the movie until after you've played all 3 G.U. games. The movie in itself can still be enjoyed without knowing about the games, but it'll really ruin the games for you ;/

mavrosheep

Postby mavrosheep » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:00 pm

you know what, i think i'm just going to continue and finish all the project. hack first before moving on to conglomerate again, :\ after hearing about G.U from other people, I don't know if I will even like it hehe :?
i'm planning on finishing Twilight first

ReiMehari

Postby ReiMehari » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:18 pm

I really need to re-watch this thing.... either before or after I go through the games again.

Return to “//G.U. Trilogy, Roots”