Is trilogy cannon or non-cannon?

usaxoR

Re: Is trilogy cannon or non-cannon?

Post by usaxoR »

I saw atleast 1 avatar battle in the trailer, a red glowing guy from far away in the avatar space striking something
so i'm guessing there is atleast one scene in the movie with an avatar battle, i also saw azure flame god

anyway, be it canon or not, i wanna see what kids of liberties they took with it, besides the many scenes of a psychotic Haseo, and the AIDA Atoli stabbing Haseo scene
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

The Anaconda wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote: GU+ isn't even complete yet
wait, it isnt? :shock:
No, it isn't. Last I checked, Haseo recently got his Xth Form, was trying to save Ovan, and was getting his ass whupped by Kazumi.
twinbladePker

Post by twinbladePker »

Triliogy is gona probly be a short edited version, all of 1 2 and 3 in 80 mins seems tough.
Fight scenes are going to probly be awesome though im geting it for blueray.
Andremo

Post by Andremo »

One thing I can't wait to see in this movie, is what they did for Skeith when Haseo gets his 5th form. (That's right, what looks like an inhanced 3rd form is actually his new 5th form)
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

twinbladePker wrote:Triliogy is gona probly be a short edited version, all of 1 2 and 3 in 80 mins seems tough.
Fight scenes are going to probly be awesome though im geting it for blueray.
It would be much cooler if they chose to split the trilogy up into two or three films, but I think the fanbase would probably become impatient with it. Still, I can't wait to see it; I'm actually becoming fond of the b-st form.
fepkk

Post by fepkk »

I'm actually becoming fond of the b-st form.
who isn't? Anyway, i think it is non-canon since the plot seems to be pretty different taking in consideration the Bst-form for exemple.
Starman

Post by Starman »

Er, we've kind of established at this point that trilogy is non-canon. Too many differences, too many odd things. It'll obviously draw from canon, but that doesn't mean it is canon.
Satoshi

Post by Satoshi »

Starman wrote:Er, we've kind of established at this point that trilogy is non-canon. Too many differences, too many odd things. It'll obviously draw from canon, but that doesn't mean it is canon.
True, but who's to say they won't pull an idiotic fast one on us and say "This is..the TRUE story." And that even the games weren't the real story? XD

I'm not saying that's the case, I'm just saying they COULD do they, though it would be very stupid and confusing. It technically wouldn't make sense, but it'd be one of those cases to where they'd say "Hey, WE MADE IT. As long as we say it's true and makes sense, then it does. All you have to do is shut up and watch it"...Or not watch it XD

Sounds like random stupidity I know, but just a scenario I came up with in about 2 seconds. ¦D
Yukichin

Post by Yukichin »

canon, not cannon* (Cannon is what you shoot things out of =P)

Anyway. I'm pretty sure it's non-canon. .hack, from what I know, is first and foremost a video game series, isn't it? If Trilogy would replace it as the canon, then XXXX should replace IMOQ as canon as well...
Dragoon2044
Silent Assassin of the
Silent Assassin of the

Post by Dragoon2044 »

FlameSage wrote:Think Cubia-PC Will be in this one?
I really hope so, but I know it won't happen! =(
Imagine a fully rendered HD version of PC Cubia! *drools*
interesting. actually now that i think about it. does anyone remember, did anyone notice a human like figure rested on the very top of Cubia Core? you would really see it during one of the boss' special attacts right toward the end of the battle. as i was looking at the figure, i thought that maybe that could be a representation of the cubia pc as seen in another birth. it could always be symbolic. does anyone have a picture of that cubia pc?

i think auratwilight is right about trilogy being non cannon. it just seems there are too many anomalies.
Vahn Staffear
The Mega Pervert
The Mega Pervert

Post by Vahn Staffear »

^Dragoon2044 I know what your talking about. I think that PC looked more like Haseo though and I think thats only because Haseo is the Key of Twilight. Same with the Bracelet after Kite destroyed his a similar bracelet was under Cubia which also broke.
Dragoon2044
Silent Assassin of the
Silent Assassin of the

Post by Dragoon2044 »

hm.. i'll have to look at it again. of course i don't feel like beating the game all over again just to do that... O_D anyways i think it would be symbolic of the cubia pc more than anything, even if it does look like Haseo. can anyone else draw a comparison?
Same with the Bracelet after Kite destroyed his a similar bracelet was under Cubia which also broke.
Wait. Cubia never had a bracelet. nevermind, i think you're using an analogy there. Like Kite's bracelet was to Cubia, what Haseo's Xth form pc was to Cubia Core. Interesting. i still find it curious as to why they chose to include that human figure on top of cubia core. because i know the first idea that came to mind when i fought the last battle was the cubia pc. they might not be related, but i would not be surprised if they were.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

Azure crow wrote:
zaffax wrote:Just watch. Somehow they are going to make haseo lose his x form and revert back to his 2nd form. It shall be canon yet.
They can't.
Reason being is that he dosn't have it yet, so he can't lose it. I'm skeptical about wether it'll even appear, since I'm seeing a focous on the new 3rd form design, and am expecting a new Xth form design, if anything for it at all.
Honestly, I'd like to see them explain Epitaphs in under 20 minutes while retaining some canon elements. They'd definatly have to rush it.
Ya never know, they might have replaced Xth, with B-st
Dragoon2044
Silent Assassin of the
Silent Assassin of the

Post by Dragoon2044 »

I doubt that. doing so would be a drastic step and would change the whole basis behind Haseo's growth as a person = symbolized by his Xth Form. An existence like Haseo's Bs-t form could have or could be something Haseo could have grown into had Sakaki won... originally. but as we know the plot will move forward with sakakis downfall. so i don't really know.
Art_Master_Gio

Post by Art_Master_Gio »

It won't replace Xth form- Haseo got Xth form  when Ovan activated his ability, The Rebirth, and he was at ground zero where his PC was totally trashed. Haseo's seen fighting Ovan in the trailer, so what's probably going to happen is that at the end of the battle,  they have an Avatar battle, Ovan activates The Rebirth, B-st form is trashed, and then he gets Xth form.

I probably didn't need to put the spoiler tags up, but meh.
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

Dude, people. This is not going to be canon to the main games or anything like that. This is its own story. Deal with it.
SilverKiento

Post by SilverKiento »

Okay, I hate to ask this because I feel like such a noob, but it's driving me crazy.

What exactly does cannon and non-cannon mean?
zaffax
Location: Making the greatest innovations in security since the can of woop ass.

Post by zaffax »

I just finished watching the 3rd trailer for .hack//trilogy, and it got me thinking, why make a movie if it isn't trilogy. I began to wonder how Trilogy might fit into the .hack timeline. I also noticed that the last name of the mysterious girl in .hack///link is Amagi. Ok, so here is my theory. Suppose .hack//trilogy is actually intended to replace .hack//gu so that Ovan will turn out to be Jotero Amagi, and that Aina is Ayaka Amagi (aka his sister). To me, this would logically explain her connection to the .hack series, as well as coverup for Amagi's dissapearance from the .hack timeline. However, this is all speculation and should therefore be treated as such.
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

SilverKiento wrote:Okay, I hate to ask this because I feel like such a noob, but it's driving me crazy.

What exactly does cannon and non-cannon mean?
Sorry, I thought I replied to this days ago.

First off, it's "canon" and "non-canon". Cannons are weapons.

Second off, canon is the overarching story that have events which fit nicely with one another. In .hack's cases, this is AI Buster, SIGN, AIB2, ZERO, the original four games, Another Birth, the Legend of the Twilight Bracelet manga, the Terminal Disc (it's mostly seperate from the G.U. games >>;), Roots, the G.U. games, and... possibly Link. We're not entirely sure on that front.

Non-canon is a story thast, for one reason or another, simply does not mesh with the the overarching plotline to the point they can't coexist. A non-.hack example is the Parallel Sailor Moon, a story that came with the final artbook. In it, Usagi doesn't seem to be a queen and has two daughters aside from just one. This goes against pre-existing canon and thus rules the story out as being part of the series.

A .hack case is, well, this movie. Events are shown to play out differently, including Atoli having a totally different AIDA form and Haseo having a new form. This badly conflicts with the story shown in the games and is similiarly ruled out.

How's that for an answer? @_@
Kefkaownsall

Post by Kefkaownsall »

The Anaconda wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote: GU+ isn't even complete yet
wait, it isnt? :shock:
No they are still making one more volume in japan.