Roots Drama CDs: Canon or Non-canon?

iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Roots Drama CDs: Canon or Non-canon?

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Yesterday I got the .hack//Roots Sound Form 1 CD and then I also have Sound Form 2 on the way. Of course I can't understand a darnded word of it (except things like "Guild" and "bug").
I have some questions about it though.

1) What do the titles say? Play-Asia link.

2) Are the CDs canon or non-canon?

3) What exactly is the storyline supposed to be?
I was able to get a general idea of what they were maybe doing, but of course there's many holes. Here's what I could gather:

Track 2
- Twilight Brigade talks about certain things, including Ovan.

Track 3
- Tawaraya talks with Naobi and Ender.
-Tawaraya talks to another TaN member about Naobi, possibly saying that Naobi is the guildmaster of G.U.
- Tawaraya meets a friend in the real world, most likely in Okinawa.
- Tawaraya creates Touta.

Track 4
- Saburo takes Tabby somewhere, possibly someplace she's been to with Sakisaka. They hear a large noise and question if it's a bug.
- Saburo and Tabby run into Pi, talk to her for awhile.
-Saburo and Tabby leave; Pi eliminates the "bug", most likely with her Avatar.
- Saburo and Tabby come back; Saburo almost tells Tabby that Pi and Yata used to be Ender and Naobi.
- Pi meets with Yata; they discuss something about Haseo's PC.
-Pi goes back to where Saburo and Tabby are.

And that's it. The timeline kinda jumps around; I'm curious to see if anyone else has this CD, and if they can understand it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: Roots Drama CDs: Canon or Non-canon?

Post by AuraTwilight »

They're considered canon.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Thanks, that was my main question.
ciaxsjes

Post by ciaxsjes »

I believe I have a script translation with the conversation between Iyoten and Asta just before they PK Haseo.

They talk about the person hiring them, and it goes a little into their meeting with Haseo.

Though, I'm not sure if it's a part of this track.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

ciaxsjes wrote:I believe I have a script translation with the conversation between Iyoten and Asta just before they PK Haseo.

They talk about the person hiring them, and it goes a little into their meeting with Haseo.

Though, I'm not sure if it's a part of this track.
That's a different CD. The one you have came with the preorders of Rebirth in Japan (I think >.>). These drama CDs are different.

Oh, by the way, I got the second one! =O And I've been listening to both CDs lately, got some title translations, so I have a better grasp of what's actually transpiring in each track. As a note, both CDs begin with Silly-Go-Round and end in Boukoku Kakusei Catharsis, and so the number always starts at Track 2. It's not cause I'm leaving any tracks out.
Here goes:

[All new information concerning the first drama CD is in bold.]

Drama CD 1

Track 2 - Twilight BrigadexxDay 1
- Twilight Brigade talks about certain things, including Ovan.
- Twilight Brigade meets for the first time in their @home, talking about each other's majors and all. Later, Ovan comes to meet them.

Track 3 - Trust and Nimble
- Tawaraya talks with Naobi and Ender.
-Tawaraya talks to another TaN member about Naobi, possibly hinting that Naobi is the guildmaster of G.U.
- Tawaraya meets a friend in the real world, most likely in Okinawa. Place of meeting or place mentioned was actually Hokkaido.
- Tawaraya creates Touta.

Track 4 - Dangerous Unreciprocated Love
- Saburo takes Tabby somewhere, possibly someplace she's been to with Sakisaka. They hear a large noise and question if it's a bug.
- Saburo and Tabby run into Pi, talk to her for awhile.
-Saburo and Tabby leave; Pi eliminates the "bug", most likely with her Avatar.
- Saburo and Tabby come back; Saburo almost tells Tabby that Pi and Yata used to be Ender and Naobi.
- Pi meets with Yata; they discuss something about Haseo's PC.
-Pi goes back to where Saburo and Tabby are.
- Saburo teases Pi about possibly liking Yata at one point, while Yata was watching on the Serpent of Lore no less. This could likely be why the track title is Dangerous Unreciprocated Love. :P

Now for the other CD. :D

Drama CD 2

Track 2 - For Me, Her
- Tabby seems to be talking with a family member (maybe a friend), possibly concerning school matters.
- Tabby gets lost in a dungeon and meets Shino for the first time.
- Tabby calls Sakisaka IRL and they talk about various things; Sakisaka tells Tabby that Gord is actually a girl. Sakisaka also asks Tabby if she's alright (which to me seems important :P).
- Tabby asks Shino about "guilds". It seems at this time they've already met a couple times.

Track 3 - Determination of Each One
- Haseo meets friends in real life. This could possibly be the time when his friends recommend The World to him. At the same time, it could be after Shino fell into a coma, as the word "shino" comes up often.
- Haseo then goes into a store when his mother suddenly calls. However, he obviously doesn't feel like talking to her and gets off the phone with her quickly.
- Tabby talks with Phyllo. They seem to be talking about Shino in the hospital (the word "byouin" comes up often).
- Haseo wakes up all of a sudden saying, "What was that just now?" after the infamous "A" note was played. This seems to be after Shino goes into her coma, as he mentions "Tri-Edge."
- Tabby goes to see Shino at the hospital IRL. It cuts to Haseo for a moment, as the nurses comment on how he comes every day and how he seems to be a high school student.
Later, Tabby actually sees Haseo. She even speaks to him for a moment, but Haseo doesn't recognize her. The nurses then go on about how Haseo is always there to see Shino and how he says things similar to "Hang in there" and "Please get well soon" to her.

I'd have to listen to the second CD a couple times to refresh my memory about certain things, but these are the main points. Hopefully one more skilled than I shall come along one day and shed more light on it.