Phyllo *spoilers*

AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

He did watch the show. He's describing a scene from it. Please tell me you're not that dense.
haseoxth
The Pain of Death
The Pain of Death
Location: I was told to go south,so I went where it was warmest,the sun.

Post by haseoxth »

AuraTwilight wrote:He did watch the show. He's describing a scene from it. Please tell me you're not that dense.
Guess I am....[/wrist]
TwilightDragonBoy

Re: Phyllo *spoilers*

Post by TwilightDragonBoy »

Ahh yes... it's been ages since I last posted... <.< look at my poor post count... anyways, to clear up abit of confusion. Touta (AKA Tawaraya) is not Antares, and the information regarding the legacy of the Lost Weapons was not one left to him. All in all that wouldn't have been nearly as heavy a burden as Phyllo placed on Touta. The request Phyllo made to Touta, that Touta claimed was so heavy, was simply that he wanted Touta to tell Haseo what happened to him, about the fact that he died, that he died of cancer, that he had only 8 month to live. It's never an easy thing to do to deliver a message of someone's death.

Regarding Antares and the Lost Weapons... I'm still researching that... obviously, I beleive that Antares much have been involved with Phyllo. It would make sence, considering Phyllo was a member of Icollo with Antares and Taihaku, that they were simply just old friends.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Um, Phyllo was never a member of Icolo.
Marioshinobi
The Hidden One
The Hidden One

Post by Marioshinobi »

AT's right, Phyllo was never a Icolo member.

Taihaku calls him a 'cave animal' and says their relationship is restricted due to the contract (( Only Icolo Members I assume ))

There are no remarks in game or anime that say that he was ever an Emperor, if he was then he'd be getting more people visiting his bridge I'd think.

Only Antares, Alkaid, Sirius, Taihaku, Haseo and his group are known to be the Emperors of the Arena or have been at some point.
TwilightDragonBoy

Post by TwilightDragonBoy »

Allright, Granted, you are right. I didn't mean he was a member of Icolo anyways, but he did have access to the Icolo @home. It is through that, that my theory is based. Also, regarding Taihaku's perhaps cold disposition towards Phyllo, I think it's clear that Antares did not have such a disposition towards him, but was actually a friend.
Pyrosphere

Re:

Post by Pyrosphere »

Jimbob wrote:Apparantly it was someone else playing his character delivering the bad news. Hence why he didn't know Touta and didn't know how to play very well.
If you listen to the voice of the 'second player' it sounds like an old woman. My guess would be that it was Phyllo's wife.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

The voice is an old man's, dude. Also, Phyllo doesn't have a wife.
Marioshinobi
The Hidden One
The Hidden One

Post by Marioshinobi »

Phyllo's Wife Died long ago.

He only has a Cat and Dog now.

He has grandkids I recall, so maybe one of them used it. *shrug* doesn't matter.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Oh come on, there's no way in hell grandkids would sound as old as Phyllo.
Marioshinobi
The Hidden One
The Hidden One

Post by Marioshinobi »

AuraTwilight wrote:Oh come on, there's no way in hell grandkids would sound as old as Phyllo.
xD Thats true..maybe Phyllo had a voice changer or something.

I think the game has a voice changer option to it, since most characters in the game actually sound like their gender. Then again maybe voice changer modules are that cheap, but maybe CC Corp adds a voice changer function to their game. Since the guy that used Phyllo's char tried to sound like him strangely enough.

For all I know he belonged in a Old Folks Home and maybe one of his buddies came over and did it for him. XD

Who knows at this point, it doesn't even matter people.

The guy was just used for plot device. =.=;
Azure KriZmo

Post by Azure KriZmo »

Hehehe yeah i see. I
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

If the old guy doesn't know how to turn off the damn game, I doubt he knows how to use a voice changer.

And Phyllo's not in a Home, either, he lived on his own.
Jakal Of Twilight

Post by Jakal Of Twilight »

Phyllo probaly sounded like that, and the 2nd player was sjut trying to sound like him. And rmemebr in the 1st epsidoe, those 2 guys whose PCs were girls and they had voice changers
shio

Re:

Post by shio »

Zyxith wrote:As far as I can tell:

Phyllo's real self was told he had cancer and had about 8 months to live.
He decided to spend that time helping out in The World and ended up wanting to guide Haseo.
Before he died he sent Touta a mail about his condition and death.
Touta gets a "Short-mail" from Phyllo's character to meet him at Hulle Granz.
Touta notices the player is acting funny and quickly reads the mail and then you see the shock on his face.
Touta then explains to Phyllo's friend how to log out.

What I don't get is that it seems Phyllo put Touta up to the task to care for Haseo, but he'd be busy in the US so he wouldn't be able to play so maybe Phyllo, knowing that, asked another friend, being Taika "Antares"

As for the statement about Touta not being able to play in the US, you can probably go to any regional server like some online games, although many stick to their region due to language. I could be wrong, only online game I really played was Phantasy Star Online and you could go to any regional server, it's merely the Japanese server had people and NPCs speaking Japanese.
i think it was just that he was busy, cuz remember in LOTB hotaru accessed the japan server from america
Nukie

Post by Nukie »

Im guessing the person controlling the Phyllo PC is supposed to be ambiguous. The fact that he isn't floating and his voice is so different is jarring to the viewer (at least to me,) which was probably the point.

My guess is either a) Phyllo had a voice changer attached" to his character so that when he launces The World, the changer is automatically attached to his PC and a close friend or family member accessed OR b) the writers left it ambiguous...for a reason.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Why can't it just be that a DIFFERENT PERSON was using the damn character? Phyllo was dead during that scene, guys.
Nukie

Post by Nukie »

AuraTwilight wrote:Why can't it just be that a DIFFERENT PERSON was using the damn character? Phyllo was dead during that scene, guys.
I understand that. What I meant was that the Phyllo character had a voice changer attached, so when the other person logged on, it was there. Because it was the same voice actor as dead Phyllo doing it, only in a much lighter tone.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

same voice actor =/= same voice.

Maybe they were just too lazy to hire a new voice actor just for one scene.