Crap.... Haseo is.... (and other spoilers)

AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

If that was the case then so would Tenrow wouldn't he since he was also an AIDA victim? I guess they could have been one with the AIDA. Did either Yowkow or Tenrow say anything to imply that they were watching Haseo? And then why were Sakaki and the kids not? They (except for Sakaki as his was complicated) were all AIDA victims too right?

Well anyway here's another thought. If Haseo really doesn't remember the World then who was the "friend" who told him about it. Was it just subconsious memories of his that he wrote off as a friend's conversation or was it somebody?
Well, there's NEVER been a set, neat criterium. It might be effected by genetics, for all we know. Or personality. Some people got memory loss, some didn't. That's all that matters.

as for the "Friend", it might've been an excuse he made up on the spot.
wikipedia.com, then look up sora = Haseo.
It's not Wikipedia, shut up.
Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

AuraTwilight wrote:Well, there is the Sora AI. And I'm sure Shino and Yowkow maintained their memories because their minds were "one" with the AIDA. Almost every coma victim was affected by memory loss to some degree, even if it was very miniscule (Lol Crimson Knight.)
Hmm Sora AI in Unison. Never thought of that, but I guess i can buy that. As far as I'm concerned I will treat Unison as canon, unless Perfect says otherwise. I'm hoping it will shed some details.

But then why is Sora's memory loss so extreme to the point that he could forget his whole time in R:1 as compared to Kazu, Sieg and Orca who woke up relatively fine and dandy? (I'm assuming Karl and Alf were ok as well). Did Sora's prolonged coma (longer than anyone else) or his character becoming a vagrant AI mess his head up THAT much?

Also I was under the impression that the AIDA comas were different from before. Like the AIDA Tumors(LOL) were the catalyst to make them believe they were dead, much like to the A in C Major note did. So in order to wake em you need to kill em (Like Ovan's Corbenik Chemo bomb) so they can will themselves awake again.
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

Well, Sora was also Data Drained by Morganna herself, it seems, and he was trapped in Skeith's staff. That may have had something to do with it.
Dragoon2044
Silent Assassin of the
Silent Assassin of the

Post by Dragoon2044 »

.hack//BICTIOUS wrote:Well, Sora was also Data Drained by Morganna herself, it seems, and he was trapped in Skeith's staff. That may have had something to do with it.
i definately agree. Sora's or should i say Ryou's circumstances seem to be unique when put along side other comatose victims. Or else we just have to accept that Ryou is 'special' just as Mai was in Liminality with her awesome sense of hearing.
The Anaconda

Post by The Anaconda »

Rather surprising bit of info. When does the Perfect Guidebook come out (or is it already out?), im interested in importing it to see what other nifty stuff is in it.
Dragoon2044 wrote:just as Mai was in Liminality with her awesome sense of hearing.
it comes from her eyebrows ;)
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

But then why is Sora's memory loss so extreme to the point that he could forget his whole time in R:1 as compared to Kazu, Sieg and Orca who woke up relatively fine and dandy? (I'm assuming Karl and Alf were ok as well). Did Sora's prolonged coma (longer than anyone else) or his character becoming a vagrant AI mess his head up THAT much?
I think the Vagrant AI messed it up, since the analogy's between Skeith and Sora seem to imply some wierd leeching business.
Also I was under the impression that the AIDA comas were different from before. Like the AIDA Tumors(LOL) were the catalyst to make them believe they were dead, much like to the A in C Major note did. So in order to wake em you need to kill em(Like Ovan's Corbenik Chemo bomb) so they can will themselves awake again.
Different causes, same disease. Just like two different germs can make the same fever.
Jigoku-no-Yamimaru

Post by Jigoku-no-Yamimaru »

Here's a theory on the reason Ryou lost his memories: In Zero Sora switched between three personalities: The same Sora personality that we all know from Sign, Ryou Misaki IRL, and Skeith. Maybe he sort of left his Sora personality and memories behind in the World, where they became the Sora Vagrant AI, which was later deleted by the Cobalt Knights.
Dot

Post by Dot »

OH GOD, IT'S TRUE!
HE IS SORA!

I feel like I got ripped off...
*kicks someone in the shin* RIP OFF ARTISTS!

....sadness
Ravaan

Post by Ravaan »

Jigoku-no-Yamimaru wrote:Here's a theory on the reason Ryou lost his memories: In Zero Sora switched between three personalities: The same Sora personality that we all know from Sign, Ryou Misaki IRL, and Skeith. Maybe he sort of left his Sora personality and memories behind in the World, where they became the Sora Vagrant AI, which was later deleted by the Cobalt Knights.
I like this theory. It seems plausible enough (to me who's only read a little of Zero).
Sno

Post by Sno »

i've kinda accepted that Haseo is Sora, but why would they do that. I mean come on, its not like i htae Sora, but i wished this game just had new characters not old... I've been wondering also, does Haseo know that he was in a coma, i mean he should have relized that time, wasnt the same before the coma, and why would his subconscious remind him of a place, that could of killed him. When you have amnesia of who you were, and then gain back those memories, do you think you would be the same person, or do you think you would have gotten a whole different personality...
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

The word is his family and friends kept the fact the he was comatose from him, which is why he never remembered playing the World in the first place. But you would think he would notice roughly a year or so missing from his life.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

They didn't hide the coma, they hid the game. Probably giving some other explaination like a car accident or a sickness.
Jigoku-no-Yamimaru

Is anyone going to post more of the revealed pieces of information from the Perfect Guidebook?
Zenaku

Post by Zenaku »

I updated the pages for Taihaku, Asta and IYOTEN with their real life names and ages (Keisuke Kurokai, 28, Tatsumi Hori, 19, and Naoya Sakai, 19, respectively), including Taihaku's real life gender (Male).

I'd like to ask though, where's the source that states Tenrow's (Sirius') real life name as Myeon-do Min? I understand he's Korean, however in the perfect guide his name is written as Min Jintao (Jintao Min) in Katakana (Which, as most might know, spells words/names out phonetically; how they are read aloud).

I don't know that many Kanji, so could it be another way of reading his name?
.hack//BICTIOUS

So, someone has to know, and this is bugging me.

Is Endrance Elk or not? ._.
FlickerHaseo

Post by FlickerHaseo »

.hack//BICTIOUS wrote:So, someone has to know, and this is bugging me.

Is Endrance Elk or not? ._.
Possibly.
.hack//BICTIOUS

I'm looking for a definite answer. >> Spam isn't it.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Zenaku wrote:I'd like to ask though, where's the source that states Tenrow's (Sirius') real life name as Myeon-do Min? I understand he's Korean, however in the perfect guide his name is written as Min Jintao (Jintao Min) in Katakana (Which, as most might know, spells words/names out phonetically; how they are read aloud).
The Japanese system of katakanizing Korean isn't very accurate, I think it's based on older Korean pronunciations for hanja... The hangul for those hanja is 민면도, which is a silly name, but would be romanized Myeon (hyphen?) do Min.
Dark Knight Sparda

Post by Dark Knight Sparda »

Im to lasy to look all the pages behind, is Haseo really Sora, or this is still in the theory section?
Jigoku-no-Yamimaru

And is there any info on Zelkova IRL in there? We know no actual facts about him IRL, other then the fact that hes a hacker who might have created Net Slum Tartarga, or brought Net Slum into R:2 while transforming the Vagrant A.I. Tartarga into the giant turtle that Net Slum is on the back of.