Clear shot, the new allies *MAJOR SPOILERS*

ashlay

Post by ashlay »

The Anaconda wrote:
Tylec wrote:We get a fugly Natsume repaint, but no Silver Knight?
he's the  Final Boss :wink: :lol:
that would be awesome if ovan ended up being ginkan.

*Ovan puts on the ginkan helmet*
Ovan: it was me haseo! I was the villian all along!
Haseo: who are you?
Ovan: we've met.
Haseo: yeah, I know ovan.
Ovan: no its ginkan.
Haseo: ginkan? 0_o
Ovan: -_- ....
and let the akwardness continue into infinity.
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

I'm pretty certain that the characters mentioned are all party members, if you add the ten of them to Haseo and his eleven allies from the previous two games, they make up 22 characters, the number in the article itself.

What I'm interested in is when they join up with you...

The Azure Knights could join up at any point in the game, though I'm guessing it will be later on.

I'm guessing that in order to get Alkaid to wake up, you have to save Bordeaux from her infection. It seems likely that Bordeaux will be one of your first allies in this game.

Natsume will probably become an ally early on as well, she needs to in order to gain any significance and acts as a good filler between characters like Bordeaux and the higher level characters like Yata.

That said, I'm guessing both Shino and Tabby will become allies after Haseo defeats Ovan, Shino having woken up. The only twist I can see is Tabby joining before then in order to help, but that doesn't seem likely.

Kaede is uncertain, though I guess she will join Haseo at Zelkova's request, or to assist Zelkova in some manner. With pictures of Sakaki with Zelkova-esque horns in the preview, I wouldn't be surprised if Kaede helps you rescue him.

Yata and Zelkova will probably be your last two allies, being two of the highest level characters. With Zelkova's perfect level of 150, it seems that he will be your last ally, but I doubt he will join after the game is over.

Its interesting though, if these are the allies then that gives us seven Blade Brandiers as allies and not one Edge Punisher.
Rykar

Post by Rykar »

let me guess... Zelkova is Keyaki?
k-su

Post by k-su »

Umbra wrote:

With pictures of Sakaki with Zelkova-esque horns in the preview, I wouldn't be surprised if Kaede helps you rescue him.
:shock: WWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sakaki ate Zelkova!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

let me guess... Zelkova is Keyaki?
Yea.
Nukasa
Official Forum Troll

Post by Nukasa »

Who's Keyaki?
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

If Zelkova is Keyaki, then Keyaki is Zelkova...

Zelkova is the Guildmaster of Moon Tree and a Flick Reaper character, Keyaki is just his Japanese name.
Nukasa
Official Forum Troll

Post by Nukasa »

Oh.

Doesn't make sense that they already have Japanese-sounding names, but they go and change it from Japanese to...Japanese in the English version. >>
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

O.o Zelkova isn't a Japanese name...I think it sounds quite Russian.

Zelkova is the same plant as Keyaki, and it sounds cooler than the other Moon Tree Division leaders' translated names, so its small wonder they translated it. The only other Division leader who's name was translated was Enju's, who became Sophora.

The others they translated were:

Yowkow - Alkaid
Taika - Antares
Tenrow - Sirius

All because their Japanese names denote the same constellations or stars as their English names, Taihaku being an exception as his name meant 'Venus'.
Nukasa
Official Forum Troll

Post by Nukasa »

Either way, no one would tell the difference if they kept their names the same when they translated to English.
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

Uh...except for the fact that they want to give the effect of an Rp, while still keeping the Japanese feel, and yet allowing those who don't know Japanese to access their name references.

People may see Antares and know that its a constellation, but if they see Taika they'd probably wonder where on earth it came from.
Maive

Post by Maive »

I would have thought Negimaru and Grein would have tagged along with Bordeux too.
Nukasa
Official Forum Troll

Post by Nukasa »

In an online game like 'The World' I'm surprised there weren't more names like "Teh 1337" or something.
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

I don't think it's surprising...

Bordeaux isn't really a bad person, she just takes her anger out on other people, whereas Negimaru and Grein are plain bullies.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

She's just as much of a bully, she even bullies other bullies... A motive doesn't make you any less evil...

Hmm, 11 party members by Vol.2, plus 10 on this, plus Haseo = the "Able to adventure with 22 total" line at the bottom. I'm hoping the "plus Haseo" doesn't count, but it seems like it does...

That's insane though, Tenrow acted like he could have joined your party halfway through Vol.2...
Exotahu

Post by Exotahu »

Maybe Ovan doesn't join because maybe he  dies like Phyllo does
Procyon

Post by Procyon »

Kuukai, is there any way of getting in touch with C2C? I don't mind if volume three is delayed a year and a half if that gets me more Tenrow. Can this be a dark hour for his fandom? T_T
Marioshinobi
The Hidden One
The Hidden One

Post by Marioshinobi »

Maybe she had enough of ' loving Haseo to death' and finnaly grew feeling for him..

He has gotten like..how many fan-girls/boys on him now?

Even TE has become his b**** =.=;
DarkAzureKnite

Post by DarkAzureKnite »

Marioshinobi wrote:Maybe she had enough of ' loving Haseo to death' and finnaly grew feeling for him..

He has gotten like..how many fan-girls/boys on him now?

Even TE has become his b**** =.=;
very,very strangly,LOL
Mellow Grunty
Suredeath Hellman
Suredeath Hellman

Post by Mellow Grunty »

Marioshinobi wrote:Even TE has become his b**** =.=;
Mmmm... KiteXHaseo yaoi...
KYAAAA~ <333333 *Anime-faint*