Changes to Surprise Attack vs Armored Monsters?

Lindz

Changes to Surprise Attack vs Armored Monsters?

Post by Lindz »

Somebody may have picked up on this before but its new to me!

Basically in Vol.2 at Lv.100 I can one-shot Vol.1 armored bosses like the Horned Archelon with a Surprise Attack for 8999 damage. However in Vol.3 at Lv.150 with even way better gear, instead of one-shotting it I instead do 899 damage and instead of the battle being instantly over its armor breaks off and it needs to be hit one more time (for full damage to) for it to go down. Its the same for Vol.2 armored regular & boss monsters. Regular ones will be defeated with the initial hit, but the damage won't be in the 8999 - 9999 range. Instead it's around 800 - 999.

I'm guessing Surprise Attacks ignored "armor" in Vol.2 (and maybe Vol.1 to?) but was changed in Vol.3 for some reason or another to not ignore it?
SSJScygoku

Re: Changes to Surprise Attack vs Armored Monsters?

Post by SSJScygoku »

They probably ignored that since you wouldn't reach the lv cap of 50/100 too soon in those games but since 3 is the final game with no more progression they may have tried to make it harder? Perhaps due to complaints the enemies were too easy to beat or that the shield shouldn't be ignored and finally corrected it ?_?
Lindz

Re: Changes to Surprise Attack vs Armored Monsters?

Post by Lindz »

Hard ta say if its something that wasn't working as intended which they fixed or an intentional thing to raise the difficulty alil cause a bunch of the changes between Vol.1/2/3 could fall into either category @_@

I tested against Bison Tortoris (listed as a Lv81 - 90 monster) in Vol.2 and it wasn't instantly defeated nor its armor busted straight outta the surprise attack. Still took off a big chunk of its HP however but obviously baddies near to your level were never gonna go down in one strike armored or not. Oh yeah, all of this is regardless of whether your weapon has Pierce/Aerial customized onto it. I tried with & without an results were the same.