Doppelganger

Candy Euphoria

Doppelganger

Post by Candy Euphoria »

I just jumped into the game with my Vol.2 data and I probably have the best equipment available for my level (which is sadly just 100 D:).
I need to know what is the fastest and easiest method to beat the stuffing outta' that guy!
Help would really be appreciated!
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Doppelganger

Post by TheSorrow »

You have several methods to defeat Doppelganger on Vol. 3 easily :D

Beast Awakening, it kills him even at a low level easily and charging the Morale is not so difficult.

Charming him with your bike. This video also shows a crazy usage of DG-0, which works to kill him so damn fast too, but that weapon is dropped by Doppel so most surely you don't have it right now. Still, just by charming Doppel he becomes dumb long enough to kill him in any way.

Sleipnir trick. Because of his SP armor, this strategy isn't as cheap in Vol. 3, but it still works to take away his SP Armor quickly and you can just proceed to defeat him with any normal strategy.

Impact damage and Counters. This video shows 2 strategies, one of them is to go to a high level area and throw an enemy monster against him; INSTANT DEATH. The other is to make him attack a character equipped with a 3-slot counter, which will hurt him BADLY at least (here it killed that lv146 enemy in one shot). Both strategies only work if your party is at a low level.

Or just pound at him with strong skills and equipment. This video was done solo at lv150, but even at a lower level it can easily be done with a full team with plenty of recovery items.

So, yeah, in Vol. 3 you have access to crazy stuff that gives you Critical +100% and Skill Boost (basicly Skill Damage x 2), and with the help of Bike customizations, Lucky Animals and Elemental Counters, Doppel is barely a threat and he can be taken down easily. It might seem like he takes no damage at first, but that's because his armor converts all HP damage to SP damage, and so you have to take down his SP before you can start damaging his HP. It's not so bad, it just makes the battle last for longer (since he basicly has twice the HP it shows), but on the bonus side it means that if you start damaging his HP, he no longer has SP to use skills anymore, except maybe for a Tiger Blitz after a minute or so. The trick is just to keep pressure on him and attack him non-stop, so that the damage you inflict is more than what he can heal.

However, i'd recommend you to fight him until after you've finished the game, or at least after unlocking Xth Form. If you defeat him right now in the beginning of Vol. 3, you'll just get a special useless item, no cool weapons or anything. If you defeat him after Xth Form, you'll get his awesome DG-0. And if you defeat him after finishing the game, AND have the items for defeating him in Vol. 1 and Vol. 2, you'll receive his special equipment that allows you to become as invincible as him.

And credits for the videos goes to MasterZED and me CX
Candy Euphoria

Post by Candy Euphoria »

Thank you Sorrowbonne!
I thought I could get uber strong weapons if I killed him this early into the game!
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Candy Euphoria wrote:I thought I could get uber strong weapons if I killed him this early into the game!
Not really, though as you progress through the game, you'll be able to unlock and customize weapons MUCH stronger than Doppel's weapons. In fact the Heine's weapons aren't so good anymore in Vol. 3 D:
The DG-0 is pretty awesome though, as is his armor and accessory. So it would be a great idea to defeat him as soon as you unlock the Xth Form, assuming you're ready for the challenge ;P (That as you can see in this videos, it isn't really a difficult challenge. lol)