guys..... about Zelkova,

Hime.Ovan

guys..... about Zelkova,

Post by Hime.Ovan »

hrr, I've been thinking about this white boy(or guy?) lately.
correct me if i make wrong statements about him.

-he owns net slum
-actually a great hacker
-know everything about the world
-his true identity is unknown. (such as his real name, like, when i sent him a greeting card about asking personal info*or what?*, he just replied 'i am me, zelkova)
-what else? well, etc.

could he be.... possibly, just like....... Aura? i mean, an IA(or AI? gah. sorry, it has been a long time. i guess i already forgot such things orz)
or.....
he may present as helba in the dothack R1?
what do you think? :/
If that cute elk can transformed into endrance, then maybe the wise(?) helba can transformed into a cheerful zelky(?!) :3
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: guys..... about Zelkova,

Post by Kuukai »

In the short story .hack//Legacy that came out recently as part of .hack//archives_03, after the events of the first four games Helba is taking care of a powerful young girl heavy blade named Spoke with a sickle-like sword. There are about a million theories for what she is presented by the characters (a foreigner, a Phase, a hacker...), but Helba says she is an existence that is like a guidepost for the changing world, "like a tree that continues to point towards heaven as clamor and commotion surround it." She begins speaking like Zelkova at the end of the story.

This was a scan that was made of the illustration: http://i51.tinypic.com/1rya6w.jpg
Hime.Ovan

Post by Hime.Ovan »

wow, she is trully similar with zelkova.
if helba isnt zelkova, then at least they may know each other. well, it just my theory because, as we know, zelkova know alot of important character as his 'old friend', isnt?
oh well, i think I'll stop rhinking about this. orz
hei, wait. can you really read that Japanese text?
VIZGIX

Post by VIZGIX »

I think your over-thinking it. I mean I would be awesome to draw a parallel between the different .hack//series but I don't think there is any real intended connection. That said, Its still fun to speculate.

My personal conclusion is that the character parallels that are intentional are kind of weak and not well explained (i.e. dissimilar personalities). For instance  Sora turning into Haseo... It was kewl that they did that and all.. but the personalities are WAYY different, to the extent It doesn't really make sense. I mean in some ways Sora is more mature than Haseo starts out in G.U. Sore never really got offended, but Haseo starts out really overeating to everything and getting offended/angry easily. Even roots Haseo is more mature than G.U. Haseo in vol1. I know the "memory erasure" is a popular excuse, buts its kind of cheap and a poor excuse for such drastic shifts in personality However I'm totally kewl with the  Elk/Endrance explanation because the explanation is that elk matured and became Endrance and that seems more plausible.

In conclusion, Im pretty sure they do stuff like that for fan service.

Zelkova is an awesome character and even Tartarga has is roots in .hack//IMOQ, so I wouldn't be surprised If zelkova had some connection to R1
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Hime.Ovan wrote:hei, wait. can you really read that Japanese text?
Yes, but it was easier to read out of the actual book when I got that.
Amaso

Post by Amaso »

mmm... Well , personally I think Zelkova is Kite .
I don't know why but I fell they're really the same person ...
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Amaso wrote:mmm... Well , personally I think Zelkova is Kite .
I don't know why but I fell they're really the same person ...
After what happened in 2010, Kite stopped playing.

There's no way Zelkova is Kite.
My personal conclusion is that the character parallels that are intentional are kind of weak and not well explained (i.e. dissimilar personalities). For instance Sora turning into Haseo... It was kewl that they did that and all.. but the personalities are WAYY different, to the extent It doesn't really make sense. I mean in some ways Sora is more mature than Haseo starts out in G.U. Sore never really got offended, but Haseo starts out really overeating to everything and getting offended/angry easily. Even roots Haseo is more mature than G.U. Haseo in vol1. I know the "memory erasure" is a popular excuse, buts its kind of cheap and a poor excuse for such drastic shifts in personality However I'm totally kewl with the Elk/Endrance explanation because the explanation is that elk matured and became Endrance and that seems more plausible.

In conclusion, Im pretty sure they do stuff like that for fan service.
Its not an "excuse" and its not fan service either.

After Haseo woke up from his coma, he literally did loose his memory as Sora. Same when Sakaki woke up from his coma after the 3 Azure Knights took him out in the game.
Last edited by Keyaki on Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VIZGIX

Post by VIZGIX »

Keyaki wrote:
Its not an "excuse" and its not fan service either.

After Haseo woke up from his coma, he literally die loose his memory as Sora. Same when Sakaki woke up from his coma after the 3 Azure Knights took him out in the game.
Bamyon!

I didn't say that his memory loss and  Sora becoming Haseo wasn't fact. I just said that the memory erasure was an convenient excuse for the personalities to be so drastically different. =P

And Cannon is the main plot. G.U. games were made in such a way that previous knowledge of the series wasn't necessary to enjoy the cannon plot of G.U. (games). Knowing that  Sora was Haseo didn't really alter they way the main G.U. plot is viewed, especially because their personalities were so different. Its just kinda there for additional information to enjoy on the side. = fanservice. =)

I suppose Its all a matter of perspective, but I view cannon as the main plot, and fan service as everything that doesn't directly affect the main plot, but adds to the fans enjoyment of the series. I suppose "non-cannon" would be more precise though.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

I could easily make the connection with Zelkova as Helba. It makes sense in a way, Netslum, player hacking, etc.
I always wondered about Yata though because Zelkva mentioned something about him being popular around the slums. It's been a long while since I've played the third game and I don't remember if they ever explained more about that.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Yata was Wiseman (and Naobi, and Nala, for what it's worth)
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

shugo_lover wrote:I could easily make the connection with Zelkova as Helba. It makes sense in a way, Netslum, player hacking, etc.
I always wondered about Yata though because Zelkva mentioned something about him being popular around the slums. It's been a long while since I've played the third game and I don't remember if they ever explained more about that.
What you don't remember? Yata was Wiseman and was one of the .Hackers during the Twilight Incident.

All of the .Hackers are famous around Net Slum for what they did. Including Yata.
I didn't say that his memory loss and Sora becoming Haseo wasn't fact. I just said that the memory erasure was an convenient excuse for the personalities to be so drastically different. =P

And Cannon is the main plot. G.U. games were made in such a way that previous knowledge of the series wasn't necessary to enjoy the cannon plot of G.U. (games). Knowing that Sora was Haseo didn't really alter they way the main G.U. plot is viewed, especially because their personalities were so different. Its just kinda there for additional information to enjoy on the side. = fanservice. =)
Its actually more important than you think.

When Sora was data-drained and fell into a coma, Sora's PC was embedded into Skeith.

If you watch the Terminal Disk, it says that the RA Plan was inspired by that instance. Not only that, but also a part of Sora is permanently embedded into Skeith(even after Kite destroyed him) so when Haseo entered The World R:2, Skeith immediately sensed him and tracked him down.

Without what happened to Sora in //SIGN, the events of the RA Plan and the creation of Epitaph-PCs most likely never would've happened.
Last edited by Keyaki on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Wiseman in particular was always part of the "darkside" of The World and exchanged information with hackers.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Kuukai wrote:Wiseman in particular was always part of the "darkside" of The World and exchanged information with hackers.

Well yea that too. He was also a well-experienced hacker and worked along side Ovan for a while(doing what, I dunno).
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

Keyaki wrote:Yata was Wiseman and was one of the .Hackers during the Twilight Incident.
Oh, yeah. I remember now.
AxisLight

Post by AxisLight »

Honestly I once read speculation that Zelkova was Helbas son. I mean it kinda makes sense right? Both great hackers, both know about about their own particular revisions of the world, and both have times where they speak similarly, right? I could see it.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

AxisLight wrote:Honestly I once read speculation that Zelkova was Helbas son. I mean it kinda makes sense right? Both great hackers, both know about about their own particular revisions of the world, and both have times where they speak similarly, right? I could see it.
To me that would make more sense then Zelkova being Helba.
Hime.Ovan

Post by Hime.Ovan »

AxisLight wrote:Honestly I once read speculation that Zelkova was Helbas son. I mean it kinda makes sense right? Both great hackers, both know about about their own particular revisions of the world, and both have times where they speak similarly, right? I could see it.
hey, i dont even think that zelkova is a kid or teenage like haseo. o.o how come he was helba's son............. he just....... as mature as helba.
for me.

anyway, its fun to speculate. :3