Just sharing some of my .hack experiences

MyMight

Just sharing some of my .hack experiences

Post by MyMight »

Hi

Few days ago, I started a new game in Reminisce Volume 2.
I have tried playing through the series with the lowest level possible ( by avoiding all possible fights ) and have finally reached volume 3 with a level of 67.
These are some of my low lvl fights in the arena. Feel free to comment about them!

By the way , sorry about the laggy videos as the recorder slows down my PC by a lot when I am recording.

Enjoy!

low level fight versus greedy cervantes (Haseo lvl 67)

low level fight versus antares - semi final ( Haseo lvl 67)

low level fight versus hetero trio - final ( Haseo lvl 68)

Edit:

Just defeated taihaku few minutes ago, here's the video.

low level fight versus taihaku - sage palace title match (Haseo lvl 68)

Edit 2:

Just finished the quest lawless fort and defeated OVAN in redemption at lvl 71.

Here are the videos:

low level fight versus grein and negimaru ( Haseo lvl 71)

Extremely underlevel fight versus OVAN (in redemption) ( Haseo lvl 71)

Edit 3 :

Just reached the point where I fight Azure Knights, there were 2 attempts, one with Yata and Zelkova , another one with Yata and Atoli. The one with Yata and Zelkova was somehow too easy because of Zelkova+ indulgence, so I tried another one with Atoli.

Videos:

Low level fight vs Azure Knights with Yata and ZELKOVA

Haseo lvl 72
Yata lvl 126
Zelkova lvl 127

Low level fight vs Azure Knights with Yata and Atoli

Haseo lvl 72
Yata lvl 126
Atoli lvl 58

Edit 4:

Finished the fight with Cubia Core , without Antares (lvl111), Yata (lvl 128), Zelkova (lvl128), Kaede (lvl125)

Extremely Underleveled fight versus Cubia Core

Haseo lvl 78
Endrance lvl 80
Atoli lvl 64

I would say this is a really really long battle, it was 27 minutes long before speeding up certain parts of the video.

I decided to use atoli and endrance because they both possess pink affection.

Haseo eqpment :
Wrath Indigo +5
Chain Seigen +5
Wrath Hook +5
DG-X
Evil steel +5 and defense steel ( auto guard)
rapid watch ( quick charge) and appraise shoulder ( item boost)

There are a few ' must have' s for this fight , namely:
1) hermit shell ( auto guard ) 2 slot customise

Auto guard is very useful against the gomoras because all they do is tackle against Haseo, which is guard-able. With auto-guard on, you can attack the cores freely without having to worry about the gomoras too much. HOWEVER, do not rely on it completely, it doesnt work all the time( bug i guess).

2) 2 slots counters on both endrance and atoli

As your main damage source towards the centre core.

3) mind egg x2 ( +100 sp) on haseo armour

For SP healing bug

4) Beast awakening with full awakening bar
DO NOT use beast awakening UNTIL the last part of the fight. Its impossible to get enough morale throughout the fight.

I will divide the strategy into 4 parts: right core, left core, core shield and centre core.

Right core:

This is the first part of the battle. Basically, all you need to do is to bring endrance and atoli to the place where the right core will hit them, as shown in the video. Most of the time, counters will activate on the first hit. If it doesnt , quickly use healing rain items to let the right core hit endrance and atoli again. Chances are the counters will activate here. However, if both counters activate together, reset the game because this will cause the ai to freeze, cubia wont summon his left core to the battle area.
If the counters don't activate on either hits, just let endrance and atoli die and wither the core down with heavenly wheel ( of course this makes the whole process longer ).

Left core:
Avoid all the gomoras with auto guard and manual dodging, and abuse SP healing bug to damage the left core, use double trigger whenever you can to buy you more invulnerability time against its area Status gas. I tried to revive atoli and endrance to activate counters here but failed.

After that, cubia core will fly away and ram towards you. When it starts dashing , use your skill trigger to dodge the attack.

Core shield:
keep on using heavenly wheel on the core shield until cubia finished summoning all the gomoras, then lure them to one side of the core shield, change weapon and dash to the other side of the shield. The gomoras will be blocked by the shield and you can freely attack the core shield from the other side, using DG-X and heavenly wheels. ( Dual guns are currently the best weapons for normal attacks because they dish out the most damage in the shortest amount of time, even more than broadsword with guard cancel.

Cubia core will use the ramming attack once again, use skill trigger to dodge it(recommended), or simply change weapon before it hits you( not recommended).

Centre Core:

This is the hardest part of the fight, there are like 10 to 12 gomoras around you, and a single tackle on haseo is 9999 damage. The only way to fight the centre core (6000 hp) , is to use heavenly wheel , change weapon until your skill bar recharges then heavenly wheel again. Rinse and repeat until its hp is slightly above 3000. DONT go over 3000 as this will trigger the cutscene attack, which means game over.
Start finding a spot with less gomoras around and change weapon immediately when you reach there to make them lose target on haseo. Revive atoli or endrance when cubia starts shooting, then change weapon again. Repeat this until you manage to activate one counter on centre core. Cubia will be at around 1000 hp, which you can easily kill with beast awakening + DG-X.

Edit 5:

Fought the sweepstakers solo with Haseo at lvl 78 , here's the video:

Extremely low level solo attempt vs the Sweepstakers ( Haseo lvl 78 )

Last edited by MyMight on Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Just sharing some of my .hack experiences

Post by TheSorrow »

Amazing o-O;

And i thought that being lv90 by the start of Redemption was something low already D8'
I did finish the battle against Ovan (Vol. 2) at lv71 though...but still, your level is even lower.

Impressive work indeed :P And i can see you make an awesome usage of all those techniques and tactics that are key for this challenge. Counters, invulnerability while switching weapons, healing SP by changing armors, and even throwing high-leveled enemies into low-leveled ones, something rare to see in a video not coming from ZED.

I'd love to see you against Vol. 3 Ovan and how low your level would be by that point. Ovan by himself is not a problem, but those Bug monster things that you're forced to fight are so very annoying, and they increased my level far more than i'd have wanted it. And the preparation for the battles, the battle themselves and the conditions necessary to receive the lowest possible EXP took far longer and were more dangerous than any boss in that game D8 lol
MyMight

Post by MyMight »

Hi, thanks for the feedback !

I am currently facing taihaku, that guy is immune to everything except being juggle-able. Still working on the video though, will upload them as soon as i finished them.

I did watched your low level battle versus OVAN in reminisce before , it was fantastic :D.

By the way, using counters to kill off monsters won't gain you much exp ( atleast that is what I believe). The quest with antares required me to kill off 3 parties around the lake and also the mecha boss. I used 2 slot counters on Atoli to kill off the monsters and the maximum exp I've gained is only 200 to 250.
MyMight

Post by MyMight »

Just finished taihaku, edited my first post, check out the video :P
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

MyMight wrote:By the way, using counters to kill off monsters won't gain you much exp ( atleast that is what I believe). The quest with antares required me to kill off 3 parties around the lake and also the mecha boss. I used 2 slot counters on Atoli to kill off the monsters and the maximum exp I've gained is only 200 to 250.
As far as i remember, enemies give a fixed amount of EXP depending on the level difference, plus Rengeki bonuses, being the maximum around 250 indeed without Rengekis. The problem with the dungeon before Ovan (and then with all those dungeons before Cubia) is that you have to fight ALOT of enemies, like 20 battles total or so, and each one with 3 enemies. And 250 x 3 x 20 = ALOT of levels D: The only ways i remember to reduce that EXP was to either keep teammates dead at the end of the battle, use Smoke Bomb things so that you only get the EXP from the last enemy, or a combination of both, and it was so time consuming and you were risking alot by constantly keeping control of the enemies HP and your party conditions D: And the Queen thingies have that horrible OrAni Zot attack or whatever it is, the huge-ranged Dark attack that can instantly end your party before you notice it. Sometimes i would just screw it and end the battles as best as i could even if it meant receiving all the EXP D:

And that's an interesting battle against Taihaku...and definetly a test of endurance XDD You made an awesome work switching between juggles and strong Rengeki attacks, while succeeding in avoiding that overkill shockwave. Very nice :P
MyMight

Post by MyMight »

TheSorrow wrote:
MyMight wrote:By the way, using counters to kill off monsters won't gain you much exp ( atleast that is what I believe). The quest with antares required me to kill off 3 parties around the lake and also the mecha boss. I used 2 slot counters on Atoli to kill off the monsters and the maximum exp I've gained is only 200 to 250.
As far as i remember, enemies give a fixed amount of EXP depending on the level difference, plus Rengeki bonuses, being the maximum around 250 indeed without Rengekis. The problem with the dungeon before Ovan (and then with all those dungeons before Cubia) is that you have to fight ALOT of enemies, like 20 battles total or so, and each one with 3 enemies. And 250 x 3 x 20 = ALOT of levels D: The only ways i remember to reduce that EXP was to either keep teammates dead at the end of the battle, use Smoke Bomb things so that you only get the EXP from the last enemy, or a combination of both, and it was so time consuming and you were risking alot by constantly keeping control of the enemies HP and your party conditions D: And the Queen thingies have that horrible OrAni Zot attack or whatever it is, the huge-ranged Dark attack that can instantly end your party before you notice it. Sometimes i would just screw it and end the battles as best as i could even if it meant receiving all the EXP D:

And that's an interesting battle against Taihaku...and definetly a test of endurance XDD You made an awesome work switching between juggles and strong Rengeki attacks, while succeeding in avoiding that overkill shockwave. Very nice :P
Ohh I see, didnt know much about the exp mechanics heh, I will try to reach OVAN as fast as possible, not sure how much exp i will gain. I remember during the MOON TREE raid in reminisce, there were like 14 battles . I leveled from lvl 56 to lvl 63. And during the sakaki pursuit, I lvled from lvl 63 to lvl 66, the level i fought both sakaki and Ovan. I guess I will just end them asap , or switch weapon when OrAni Zot is being casted on me ( I have to say that those are really annoying since the whole outer dungeon is really dark and hard to see OrAni Zots coming.)

By the way , thanks again for the feedback on the video :D, appreciate it a lot! Juggling and Rengeki's are the only way to deal damage, using demon awakening is instant death while using beast awakening is a waste of time due to taihaku's red aura.
MyMight

Post by MyMight »

Just defeated OVAN(creator's room in redemption) with HASEO at lvl 71 , editted my first post, feel free to check out the videos!
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Wow, how did you manage to reach Ovan's battle with that low level? o-o Did you avoid battles somehow or your level just wasn't increased as much as i thought?

Anyways, that's one AWESOME battle :D You know, using 3-slot counters would've ended the battle much faster...i see Atoli's counter activated, but it only did like 1500 damage or so. That, or it activated on a 4999HP attack, not a 9999 done (which with a 3-slot counter it leaves Ovan near-dead). Either way, i really love your approach in that battle...like an extended, more difficult version of the Vol. 2 battle (while in my case it was a shorter, easier version...but i was 30 levels higher than you XD). Really nice usage of the Awakenings and all, and it was somewhat epic at the end with being able to take his HP down to 0 even with the Neighbor thingies quickly restoring his HP :P
Something i noticed too is the lack of Skill Boost, an amazing 3-slot accessory that could've doubled your skill power and ended the battle faster. Sure, it comes at the cost of SP, and just 1 Heavenly Wheel would've been enough to make the SP armor trick useless, but i think that the power boost is worth it, and there was no reason to be much concerned about SP when you were doomed to Ovan's Tri-Edge overkill. Also, i see you don't have all-party-healing SP items either, something that could've been great before the 2nd Awakening as Atoli and Endrance could've used one or two more skills instead of just poking by the end.

Either way, awesome battle :D
MyMight

Post by MyMight »

Wow, how did you manage to reach Ovan's battle with that low level? o-o Did you avoid battles somehow or your level just wasn't increased as much as i thought?
The only battles that I have to fight are the Outer bug's during Bo's rescue , and Lawless fort's PKs. For outer bugs, just abuse Atoli's critical healing favourite to activate beast awakening. Each battle will yield around 250 exp ( as you said). I don't use rengekis during the fights so that my exp gained is minimum. 250 x 8 = 2 levels , and there were like 3 to 4 pk groups in lawless fort , so you gain another level there, total of 3 levels. I was lvl 68 after defeating taihaku, that's why I fought Ovan at lvl 71.
Anyways, that's one AWESOME battle :D You know, using 3-slot counters would've ended the battle much faster...i see Atoli's counter activated, but it only did like 1500 damage or so. That, or it activated on a 4999HP attack, not a 9999 done (which with a 3-slot counter it leaves Ovan near-dead). Either way, i really love your approach in that battle...like an extended, more difficult version of the Vol. 2 battle (while in my case it was a shorter, easier version...but i was 30 levels higher than you XD). Really nice usage of the Awakenings and all, and it was somewhat epic at the end with being able to take his HP down to 0 even with the Neighbor thingies quickly restoring his HP :P
Yea, 3 slot counters trigger much more often than 2 slot counters ( they are somehow useless but still the 2nd most useful thing for low level characters lol). haha thanks :D, in Reminisce, Endrance can still do quite some damage to Ovan, but not in Redemption, I don't know about Antares but he seems weak, and I brought the wrong guy in the first place, I didn't know Endrance has lost his critical healing favourite at this point of the game. But still, this battle is somewhat easier than Taihaku's battle in my opinion. As long as you don't face Ovan directly when you are whacking him, he will spend 90% of the time moon walking, trying to face you and do the 5-6 hit combo + shot, with quick rengeki items, rengeki rings will appear in no time.
Something i noticed too is the lack of Skill Boost, an amazing 3-slot accessory that could've doubled your skill power and ended the battle faster. Sure, it comes at the cost of SP, and just 1 Heavenly Wheel would've been enough to make the SP armor trick useless, but i think that the power boost is worth it, and there was no reason to be much concerned about SP when you were doomed to Ovan's Tri-Edge overkill. Also, i see you don't have all-party-healing SP items either, something that could've been great before the 2nd Awakening as Atoli and Endrance could've used one or two more skills instead of just poking by the end.
I wanted skill boost badly, it is my favourite customize on accesories lol, but too bad my level doesn't allow this. The only possible person to use skill boost is antares, which I didnt bring along lol. SP healing bug isnt really as important as it is in arena fights, so the extra SP cost is worthwhile as you said.

And yea true, I started with New game conditions on Reminisce, so I didn't have much item to begin with. I rushed through the game with minimal fights, the items I get are either from Bike missions ( bug abuse) , NPC or drops from compulsory fights. ( The stupid speed run turned into a low level run due to poor strategy planning. ) But after this fight , I can buy holy potions from Netslum , together with appraise accessory I can replenish 100 sp everytime.

Btw ,thanks a lot for your compliments !
MyMight

Post by MyMight »

posted the fight with azure knights
MyMight

Post by MyMight »

Just finished the fight with Cubia Core without Antares Yata Zelkova and Kaede , Haseo at lvl 78

I would say this is a really really long battle, it was 27 minutes long before speeding up certain parts of the video.

I decided to use atoli and endrance because they both possess pink affection.

Haseo eqpment :
Wrath Indigo +5
Chain Seigen +5
Wrath Hook +5
DG-X
Evil steel +5 and defense steel ( auto guard)
rapid watch ( quick charge) and appraise shoulder ( item boost)

There are a few ' must have' s for this fight , namely:
1) hermit shell ( auto guard ) 2 slot customise

Auto guard is very useful against the gomoras because all they do is tackle against Haseo, which is guard-able. With auto-guard on, you can attack the cores freely without having to worry about the gomoras too much. HOWEVER, do not rely on it completely, it doesnt work all the time( bug i guess).

2) 2 slots counters on both endrance and atoli

As your main damage source towards the centre core.

3) mind egg x2 ( +100 sp) on haseo armour

For SP healing bug

4) Beast awakening with full awakening bar
DO NOT use beast awakening UNTIL the last part of the fight. Its impossible to get enough morale throughout the fight.

I will divide the strategy into 4 parts: right core, left core, core shield and centre core.

Right core:

This is the first part of the battle. Basically, all you need to do is to bring endrance and atoli to the place where the right core will hit them, as shown in the video. Most of the time, counters will activate on the first hit. If it doesnt , quickly use healing rain items to let the right core hit endrance and atoli again. Chances are the counters will activate here. However, if both counters activate together, reset the game because this will cause the ai to freeze, cubia wont summon his left core to the battle area.
If the counters don't activate on either hits, just let endrance and atoli die and wither the core down with heavenly wheel ( of course this makes the whole process longer ).

Left core:
Avoid all the gomoras with auto guard and manual dodging, and abuse SP healing bug to damage the left core, use double trigger whenever you can to buy you more invulnerability time against its area Status gas. I tried to revive atoli and endrance to activate counters here but failed.

After that, cubia core will fly away and ram towards you. When it starts dashing , use your skill trigger to dodge the attack.

Core shield:
keep on using heavenly wheel on the core shield until cubia finished summoning all the gomoras, then lure them to one side of the core shield, change weapon and dash to the other side of the shield. The gomoras will be blocked by the shield and you can freely attack the core shield from the other side, using DG-X and heavenly wheels. ( Dual guns are currently the best weapons for normal attacks because they dish out the most damage in the shortest amount of time, even more than broadsword with guard cancel.

Cubia core will use the ramming attack once again, use skill trigger to dodge it(recommended), or simply change weapon before it hits you( not recommended).

Centre Core:

This is the hardest part of the fight, there are like 10 to 12 gomoras around you, and a single tackle on haseo is 9999 damage. The only way to fight the centre core (6000 hp) , is to use heavenly wheel , change weapon until your skill bar recharges then heavenly wheel again. Rinse and repeat until its hp is slightly above 3000. DONT go over 3000 as this will trigger the cutscene attack, which means game over.
Start finding a spot with less gomoras around and change weapon immediately when you reach there to make them lose target on haseo. Revive atoli or endrance when cubia starts shooting, then change weapon again. Repeat this until you manage to activate one counter on centre core. Cubia will be at around 1000 hp, which you can easily kill with beast awakening + DG-X.
MyMight

Post by MyMight »

Posted the low lvl solo attempt vs Sweepstakers video. Feel free to check it out ! :D
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

I rarely ever see people do low lvl battles like that.
MyMight

Post by MyMight »

haha... that's another reason for you to check them out :P, btw really sorry for the low quality for the first few videos, but finally managed to improve the quality to a decent one :D