The Flaw's of the 3rd Volume

Kenji Shinomori

The Flaw's of the 3rd Volume

Post by Kenji Shinomori »

I do feel terrible about this thread.. So I am asking forgiveness now.. But If i dont get my opinions out it will bug me. ewe

I do love the third volume, it closed off questions, led to many happy days~

But.. Am I the only one who felt like the third volume was rushed? Subtitles sometimes didnt match up with what they were saying.. The ending story didnt really make sense or was confusing.. Like Why Give skeith's Final Form all these supah epic powers and you really only use one or two..
;-; And you only use him once.. >-<;;

Thats the only real flaw's i saw.. ;-; Besides the voice actors sounding just a biiit different..
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: The Flaw's of the 3rd Volume

Post by TheSorrow »

Don't worry about sharing your opinion, that's what the forums are for!! :D ...And you wouldn't believe what kinds of discussions and opinion-debating has been had in here before ...freaking world wars '8D lol

Anyways, i agree with some things you said...But I don't feel like Vol. 3 was rushed. However, i feel like it had alot more potential than just for what was shown to us. Then again, i felt that way during each game...Just that in Vol. 1 and 2, i kept saying "YES THIS IS AWESOME BUT THEY CAN DO THIS AND IMPROVE THAT AND ADD THIS AND IT'D BE EXTREMELY AWESOME OMFG I CAN'T WAIT"...I couldn't keep saying that as i finished Vol. 3 though D:

Yes, the subtitles didn't match at a certain point, a flaw that was very popular and noted for a while ("What was all that about?" lol). The ending in my opinion made sense and wasn't too confusing...It gave an almost-full closure to the events, a conclusion to Haseo's quests, truly setting his decisions and thoughts straight at the end and answered other relevant questions. As of Skeith Xth Form...well, they didn't show any "supah epic powers" that we didn't get to use (except maybe the whole Aura thing, but that one somewhat relates to what the Xth Form was "made" of)...And to be fair, you actually use him twice, against Cubia<Alpha> and Cubia<Beta>, and for the first one it's actually 3 battles in a row, so it's not like you didn't get any action either XD
It is true and worth considering, however, that the whole Cubia plot was added mostly as an extra to the story..to allow for a better conclusion even after the original problem was solved (which was AIDA), to fill in some plot holes and add details and stuff that .Hack just couldn't live without (namely, the "Key of Twilight"), and why not, to have the player do more stuff and not have the story part last for half as long as it was in the past volumes. So yeah, it might've felt rushed, as it pretty much came out of nowhere and didn't make much sense on a quick view...but, they just had to add it, as sudden as it might've seemed.
Also, even though that Cubia plot was sudden like that, it wasn't truly "rushed", as in they were running out of time and had to add it while not including details; they had the whole plot, and everything else regarding it, all ready and set even before they started working on it. In other words, the way Vol. 3 was shown from beginning to end was the way it was meant to be. That's why i say that i don't feel that Vol. 3 was rushed...at least not in the way that they couldn't complete it properly or something. Yes, it had flaws, like that evil subtitle thing, but Vol. 1 and 2 weren't perfect either even though they were "complete", and as of the way the story felt...that's just the way it was meant to be shown.

And yeah, for some reason they actually remade all the voice acting between volumes. It's very easy to notice it if you use Skills...some of them sound so different that it's almost like they had their names changed (and some DID have the names changed, though maybe by mistake XD). As of why they did that, i don't know...maybe, since they were paying them full-contract for each game anyways, they made them do the voices all over again so they would actually work and won't be there sitting lazily most of the time? D: lol Just kidding...i seriously don't know.
Kenji Shinomori

.... .w.;
That was the best explanation to anything ever. And I didnt mean completely rushed ;w; I still VERY THOROUGHLY enjoyed each volume!! >w<; And as for the supah epic powah's, i just meant the twin guns ability o-o; i never really used it.. I just used that multiple attack charge thing.. ;w; But I did love the way you explained each one... And Makes me happy that there are others out there just as passionate about this game as i am >w<; I will be on my deathbed and my last words will be "Dot Hackers.."
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Kenji Shinomori wrote:And as for the supah epic powah's, i just meant the twin guns ability o-o; i never really used it.. I just used that multiple attack charge thing.. ;w;
Well, that one's on you, not because of the game or any rushness it might've had or not D: You obtain the Xth Form midway through the story (yes, Cubia's dungeons take up HALF the game), so you have plenty of time to enjoy the Dual Guns abilities at their fullest, and even more if you include post-game events and everything you can possibly do. You only have a skill (plus the Double Trigger which is somewhat part of each skill in Xth Form), but you can get up to 4 Dual Guns...the starter, one you can get immediatly after obtaining the Xth Form, and two at the last dungeon in the game, each one with their own powerful abilities. You can also upgrade each gun through that Cheat customization thing (not actually "cheating", but that one option in the Guild @Home), increasing their power and the number of bullets they hold per cartridge. And you can even fight your own Xth Form Doppelganger, so you can also enjoy fighting against a buffed-up version of your own special form, Dual Guns included of course (and fighting against it it's actually needed to get one of them). So yeah, i wouldn't agree with you there, since you can actually enjoy the Xth Form much more than you can enjoy Haseo's 2nd Form XD If you didn't use it as much, that's too bad, but don't blame the game for it because it's giving you so many chances to have fun with it.
Kenji Shinomori wrote:And Makes me happy that there are others out there just as passionate about this game as i am >w<;
Welcome to dothackers.net!!!! 8D
And my passion and knowledge for this game can be easily surpassed by other members around here. Especially the latter. lol
Kenji Shinomori

TheSorrow wrote:Well, that one's on you, not because of the game or any rushness it might've had or not D: You obtain the Xth Form midway through the story (yes, Cubia's dungeons take up HALF the game), so you have plenty of time to enjoy the Dual Guns abilities at their fullest, and even more if you include post-game events and everything you can possibly do. You only have a skill (plus the Double Trigger which is somewhat part of each skill in Xth Form), but you can get up to 4 Dual Guns...the starter, one you can get immediatly after obtaining the Xth Form, and two at the last dungeon in the game, each one with their own powerful abilities. You can also upgrade each gun through that Cheat customization thing (not actually "cheating", but that one option in the Guild @Home), increasing their power and the number of bullets they hold per cartridge. And you can even fight your own Xth Form Doppelganger, so you can also enjoy fighting against a buffed-up version of your own special form, Dual Guns included of course (and fighting against it it's actually needed to get one of them). So yeah, i wouldn't agree with you there, since you can actually enjoy the Xth Form much more than you can enjoy Haseo's 2nd Form XD If you didn't use it as much, that's too bad, but don't blame the game for it because it's giving you so many chances to have fun with it.

Welcome to dothackers.net!!!! 8D
And my passion and knowledge for this game can be easily surpassed by other members around here. Especially the latter. lol

1 ;w; I didnt mean the actual form. I mean in Skeith's form. Of course i used the dual gunner ability to its fullest >W< Getting every last one and upgrading it in every way possible. I loved it ;-; But against Cubia with Skeith, you only really use the Charge Ability for Skeith to lock onto multiple Enemies before moving up close to slash him up. o-o;
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Kenji Shinomori wrote:1 ;w; I didnt mean the actual form. I mean in Skeith's form. Of course i used the dual gunner ability to its fullest >W< Getting every last one and upgrading it in every way possible. I loved it ;-; But against Cubia with Skeith, you only really use the Charge Ability for Skeith to lock onto multiple Enemies before moving up close to slash him up. o-o;
First you talk about Skeith's Final Form and its supah powers. Then you mention that it wasn't that, but you just meant the twin guns ability (and Skeith doesn't even have guns...he has hands and swords). Then you go back and say you did mean Skeith's form.
Liek srsly >______>;

Well, back at Skeith's Xth Form, you actually have more abilities than you had in the past forms and you can use all of them in the battles against Cubia. You keep the fast orb shooting and the last chakram hit, both which are useful to deal with large groups of Gomoras and to deal damage quickly. You also get a new slashing attack animation that deals more damage than before and it's long-ranged. You have that homing sword laser thing you mention to destroy multiple scattered Gomoras quickly (which you'll use ALOT against Cubia<Beta>, but not all the time either). And you also have that epic dash to get closer and move around the huge Avatar Space. So you get to do much more than hold and release the square button and for some parts, it's necessary if you want to avoid the most damage or defeat it the fastest possible.

Sooo, the point of all of this is that you DO get to enjoy Xth Form, both with Skeith and Haseo, and you can do plenty of stuff with each one >w> And though you might say that you only use Skeith's Xth Form once, there aren't that many Avatar Battles in Vol. 3 either. If i recall correctly, you only fight using Skeith's 3rd Form (in Vol. 3) against Fidchell, AIDA<Victorian> and Corbenik 2nd Form. You actually spend more time in Avatar Space with Skeith Xth than with Skeith 3rd, when you think about it. lol
Kenji Shinomori

Really..? Well Im not saying i didnt have fun with him >/ Im just sayin that i only got to enjoy part of the movies in his final form ;w; but ou well.. Ill play it again to revise my opinion =w=
ShiningWish

Post by ShiningWish »

While playing this volume , I was wondering about the flaws. I thought more people would have some kind of remark regarding this.
There are many things that I think could have been perfected in the games , lemme just point out some. I hope you'll give your thoughts on this,too.

You finish the game with a notable number of Blade Brandiers, which annoys me to hell. You already have three, counting Silabus, Endrance and Bordeaux. Altought the Azures are blade brandiers as well, I think Antares and Kaede could have been given a better job class.

You have no Edge Punishers, Antares could've been one. As for Kaede, I believe she would be better as Lady Partisan , to share the role with Piros and add more variety.

There were some characters that disappointed me for not having joined you, when it would've made more sense they had ( even more than Bordeaux lol ) .

Like Sirius, who could've been a nice Tribal Grappler. I have no one else to equip fists since Pi has a lost weapon. Why would he compete in a tournament where he knew he'd be against AIDA and infected players, and he could end up comatose like Alkaid? He said he'd leave the matter to Haseo, as he couldn't deal with the viruses. That whole " becoming a Lost One for three battles" was sort of unnecessary, imo.
And Gabi ! He could be an Edge Punisher alongside Antares and be a nice ally on Vol 3. That way, you would have beast from each tribe.
I also think that Aina could have become part of your party after you beat the game, like a Warlock or a Cleric ( to make a nice pair with Bo ) .

I understand Taihaku, Hiiragi, Nala ( lol ) , Asta, Iyoten , Negimaru and Grein not joning you, since they were antagonists.(In Taihaku's case, he's simply too badass to do that. Now that you mention it , I'd like to see a little more of his character, too. He seemed very uncaring for the title of Emperor and more focused on the essence of power , but I felt that wasn't explored enough. All Emperors relied on the pride of the thorne, or power. I liked Endrance and Alkaid better, because of their reasons : one was addicted to his AIDA mistress and had to keep winning to have her by his side , and in Alkaid's case, she enjoyed a good brawl. )

Regarding somethings on the Story , I expected more from Sophora from the Seven Counci ( and seeing a little bit of Kaede's backstory in becoming Zelkova's guardian/attendant), and wished to see the new King of Darkness who rules over the Netslum. I thought the emailer who gave Haseo the new awakening and the Lost-Weapon upgrading was Helba herself. I was also expecting more from Hetero, as a villain and a character. He could've thanked Haseo afterwards , and after some character development , he could become a nice Flick Reaper addition, with his ~altered PC~ , much like Shino and Kite ( changing colours after being data-drained).

Does anyone else feel a little bit like that ? This series still has lots of potential, but some things weren't given the attention they deserved. I'm dreaming about the next games, and thinking up amusing developments.