Which game took you the longest to beat?

-Raina-

Which game took you the longest to beat?

Post by -Raina- »

Storyline-wise or completeing all the side quests and such, doesn't matter. I have yet to play Redemption, so I was curious if it was as long or longer then the other games.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Which game took you the longest to beat?

Post by TheSorrow »

Of the GU series? I think Reminisce took me the longest to beat, for i had trouble in several parts of the game (thanks to me being at low level XD) and i think it was the longest overall...but still, only like 12 hours long, not counting sidequests. With Sidequests, probably Redemption.
The GU games overall didn't take me as much time to beat, only when it come to finishing them 100%, and even so, still less than 40 hours each. I have saved files up to 110 hours...but that's because of me reading news and forums over and over, doing random things, and spending hours in the arena XD
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Redemption is the longest, since it has the most content, but it was fairly easy to beat it in short amounts of time, thanks to several items and weapons that made the game a thousand times easier. Reminisce was a little more difficult to beat in terms of time, simply because there we're not many items or weapons that could help you speed through the game with ease compared to Redemption. Not to mention, the story was longer in this part than the one previous to it and the one after it.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I consider Redemption a lot longer because they seemingly halved experience gain, but that's more my gameplay style than it is the game...
Smitts

Post by Smitts »

I think out of the G.U. series to complete all of the side stuff fully it took me the 2nd volume the longest to complete.
it was so tedious and I couldn't stick to it for long.

Not to mention the Bike racing courses were pretty lame.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Bike racing was a brilliant idea, but they really kind of did it wrong... a minigame with an actual bike race would've been better IMO. Go up against Matsu or something. XD
-Raina-

Post by -Raina- »

Oh boy...I'm currently trying to get 100% on Reminisce in terms of items (I was able to get everything save for a couple of Accessory items in Rebirth) and from what you guys have said...guess I've got a lot to look forward to.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

My least favorite parts of the Ryu Books are item collecting and monsters, since those are the two I can never seem to fill up (I think I actually got max in item collecting without actually getting all the items for that volume, though o_O ). Especially monsters, because I tend to stick to the same area elements out of personal preference and I tend not to fight the "optional" bosses in the Abyss Quest (last playthrough was the first time I fought The One Sin and God Eater, for example).

At the same time, though, I hate being restricted to 7 shop items, so I work my hardest to collect enough to increase it to 10 in Volume 3. >_<
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I think I actually got max in item collecting without actually getting all the items for that volume, though o_O )
Yeah, you actually get the max level in item (and monster) collections, without fully getting the 100% for each volume...you still need ALOT though, since i've gotten to max while only missing like 5 items or 3 monsters, but i suppose it helps so you don't really need that one unique item from long quests, or to surprise you by seeing you already got max before truly getting everything.

A bit related to this, i always love how in Reminisce and Redemption, after playing the games before them for at least 80 hours (and fighting monsters, going to the arena, using the bike alot, etc), when i start those games and check the Ryu Books, the bars SUDDENLY increase from all the playing i've done already, and get lots of items and a high Ryu Book progress while barely started the game XD Actually, i think i had the Ryu Books about fighting, areas, arena and bike all maxed out the first time i saw the Ryu Book in Redemption XD
Ashura

Post by Ashura »

In my case it was also Redemption because of the sidequest you get once you beat the game(Forest Of Pain i think it´s called).That and getting all Ruy books filled up,maxing aout all of the Lost Weapons,maxing out Avatar Awakening and stuff it took me a lot to finish it
-Raina-

Post by -Raina- »

TheSorrow wrote:
I think I actually got max in item collecting without actually getting all the items for that volume, though o_O )
Yeah, you actually get the max level in item (and monster) collections, without fully getting the 100% for each volume...you still need ALOT though, since i've gotten to max while only missing like 5 items or 3 monsters, but i suppose it helps so you don't really need that one unique item from long quests, or to surprise you by seeing you already got max before truly getting everything.

A bit related to this, i always love how in Reminisce and Redemption, after playing the games before them for at least 80 hours (and fighting monsters, going to the arena, using the bike alot, etc), when i start those games and check the Ryu Books, the bars SUDDENLY increase from all the playing i've done already, and get lots of items and a high Ryu Book progress while barely started the game XD Actually, i think i had the Ryu Books about fighting, areas, arena and bike all maxed out the first time i saw the Ryu Book in Redemption XD
At this rate, that's probably what's going to happen with me. I've clocked in nearly 50 hours, but I still have a lot of monsters to fight before completing that Ryu book.
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

Honestly, I have to say Vol 1, the first time. I was still learning the gameplay and somehow didn't catch IYOTEN's hint about "It can be used to interrupt enemy attacks or to cancel one of your own" about the skill trigger, so all I did was aim for the rengeki and stick to rapid attack broadswords.

I spent more time on Vol 2 just dicking around and maxing literally everything (INCLUDING MONEY!) due to going about 2 years without Vol 3 so I went to town perfecting. Imagine my joy with GP change and having a use for that maxed money like Zelkova has!