Unused data?

jvkdsh

Unused data?

Post by jvkdsh »

im not sure if this has been posted before
A prototype interface.....unison combo and tension...?
Most of it remains the same but....whats with the online and the box below it?
The controls....seem somewhat....different?
Hmm.....prototype Vol.1 Screen....?
Master ZED

Re: Unused data?

Post by Master ZED »

We know what a Unison Combo is because that's what Roots calls Rengeki. Whether it's still possible in the games, that I don't know. It might be in Rebirth, if in any volume, as it still contains select artifacts such as the AIDA <Helen> prototype and text for the Arena that includes other forms of combat, including the ability to fight people you have member addresses for (I think that's Friend Battle, I forget; just look through the Rebirth executable's text in PS2DIS or any hex editor if you really want to know).

I have no idea what Online was for. :\
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

text for the Arena that includes other forms of combat, including the ability to fight people you have member addresses for
...That was "The Great Deception" for me, seeing all that information when Rebirth was released, and then NEVER getting anything in the following volumes D;

I don't think i've ever saw those elemental icon-things before...in fact, they never gave any importance or even attention to elements in GU o-O Would've been great if they did though.

As of that "Online" thing, maybe it was meant for the Member Addresses section, displaying that for those players who were online. It's the only explanation i can give to it.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I'm not sure what the Morale gauge was called in the Japanese version, but I recall that it was called something other than Morale... I'm thinking that's what "tension" is all about (for those few of you who are confused by that part).
jvkdsh

Post by jvkdsh »

okay after a series of failed attempts at hacking on CB i instead cleaned out the files in the Data.CVM file some of these are very....weird.

IYOTEN[if they had it why didnt they use it?]
Asta[same as above]
Unknown....data?[if anyone knows how to make the image visable it would help]
Prototype haseo and Shino?[same as above]
Prototype Shino?[same as above]
I dont think this one's translatable
Arena Bracket?
Unknown.....
i dont know why they had these here....was it someones blunder?[can be found in p33130_e.tmp]
Arena Battle[apparently this isnt haseo so where did those images at the lower left go?]
Field Battle[also this isnt haseo PS.Sorry about the white borders]
The one of biggest interest [can be found in se3_02_2.tmp]
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Master ZED wrote:We know what a Unison Combo is because that's what Roots calls Rengeki.
You mean Link? It's actually pretty different from a Rengeki, but they might have been playing around with the term back then too...
GyppyGirl2021 wrote:I'm not sure what the Morale gauge was called in the Japanese version, but I recall that it was called something other than Morale... I'm thinking that's what "tension" is all about (for those few of you who are confused by that part).
Yeah, that's exactly it.
jvkdsh wrote:The one of biggest interest [can be found in se3_02_2.tmp]
Not sure why it's in Vol.1 but a Jump issue is an easter egg in the Creator's Room in Vol.3. Do you have higher resolution on the text ones? Aside from the ".hack//G.U." part, the CC one looks like one of the screen in the Serpent of Lore, I think...
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

Kuukai wrote:
Master ZED wrote:We know what a Unison Combo is because that's what Roots calls Rengeki.
You mean Link?
No. You'd be forgiven for thinking that, though, given how forgettable Roots is. The term "Unison Combo" would imply two or more characters as far as I'm concerned, and Roots-style Rengeki always employs two people. LINK may have been inspired by the show, but as I like to stay as stupid as possible when it comes to anything involving that saga (including possible retcons), I wouldn't reference it right now.
jvkdsh wrote:IYOTEN[if they had it why didnt they use it?]
Asta[same as above]
How quickly we forget Rebirth....
jvkdsh wrote:Unknown....data?[if anyone knows how to make the image visable it would help]
An Operation Folder graphic. You can see this in the background and on Pi's console.
jvkdsh wrote:Prototype haseo and Shino?[same as above]
Prototype Shino?[same as above]
These are most likely dummied, but I've never checked into whether the first Avatar space file is used or not (which is where these come from). If it isn't used in the game, then getting this working would probably be one helluva sight....

(oh, and yes, that's Haseo and Shino. We definitely know it's Shino from the second pic, as she's using Shino-like colors and Atoli's character design from a 2004 preview video)
jvkdsh wrote:I dont think this one's translatable
Looks like a bunch of code to me. If we knew what computer language that was, the possibility of a translation exists, but I'd be more than willing to bet this is gibberish.
jvkdsh wrote:Arena Bracket?
I doubt it was intended to be translatable. It's just the common bracket in the Arena waiting room.
jvkdsh wrote:Unknown.....
An Arena waiting room image. I think this is the one on the back wall, but I don't quite recall.
jvkdsh wrote:i dont know why they had these here....was it someones blunder?[can be found in p33130_e.tmp]
These are from when Yata tells Haseo of his days as a .hacker just before giving him his member address.
jvkdsh wrote:Arena Battle[apparently this isnt haseo so where did those images at the lower left go?]
Field Battle[also this isnt haseo PS.Sorry about the white borders]
Well, while developers are typically too lazy to delete dummy and temporary material, that isn't always the case. They probably got trashed the same way Xth Form Haseo's original portrait and non-Lv.3 Dual Gunner Art were (I've never seen either aside from a single preview video).

I find the content of those photos a little fascinating though (I admit, I never looked too closely at the News article pics of The World). Oisan is clearly about to get killed by hackers (9999 HP/SP and, judging by the lack of connection on that Ogre Sword, the coloring, and Oisan having full HP, possible access to Miu Lei? That's quite the overkill for a Demon Palace fight), I don't really recognize the bayonet in the second pic, and both pictures use a blown-up English font. These are the same people that can't even translate text in desktop pics (the boss theme music pic, for example, is clearly still in Japanese in all three games) and forget to keep wallpapers translated.

However, I love how these prove every class was meant to be playable, if only for the development team to get action pics.
jvkdsh wrote:The one of biggest interest [can be found in se3_02_2.tmp]
As Kuukai said, this image appears in the files of the Creator's Room, in both the normal and damaged versions. Unfortunately, the graphic isn't used, at least not in the English version. I suppose it's possible that this showed up in the Japanese release; Kuukai would definitely know better than I on that version.
jvkdsh

Post by jvkdsh »

Well, while developers are typically too lazy to delete dummy and temporary material, that isn't always the case
I wonder which side is the lazy one Bandai Namaco or its North America Division which might partly explain why theres like 2-3 copies of almost everything.

Another thing that sends me crazy is the fact that you can use all the arts skills in rebirth minus the scythe skills and the fact that they only go half way[i try it crashes the game probably due to no Flick Reaper in Rebirth?]. Then in Remniscence no skill outside the skills you're given works[trust me ive tried em all] maybe ill go pry open the jap vol.2 to see if i can dig out blackrose
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

jvkdsh wrote:
Well, while developers are typically too lazy to delete dummy and temporary material, that isn't always the case
I wonder which side is the lazy one Bandai Namaco or its North America Division which might partly explain why theres like 2-3 copies of almost everything.

Another thing that sends me crazy is the fact that you can use all the arts skills in rebirth minus the scythe skills and the fact that they only go half way[i try it crashes the game probably due to no Flick Reaper in Rebirth?]. Then in Remniscence no skill outside the skills you're given works[trust me ive tried em all] maybe ill go pry open the jap vol.2 to see if i can dig out blackrose
It's likely and possibly already proven that the engine was modified for Reminisce and Redemption.

Flickers weren't implemented in Rebirth as I recall. In fact you never even see one aside from Zelkova... At leas as far as I recall...

In order to truly get a handle on the differences, why not try loading up Matsu in rebirth and seeing if he can wield broadswords?

Personally I think Rebirth and Redemption are from completely different developmental stages...Rebirth was released before they had truly finished the engine to the point they wanted it.
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

Satoh wrote:It's likely and possibly already proven that the engine was modified for Reminisce and Redemption.
A quick comparison of the three games in Hackstract would be enough to tell you that. :P
Satoh wrote:Flickers weren't implemented in Rebirth as I recall. In fact you never even see one aside from Zelkova... At leas as far as I recall...
1st form Haseo is really G.U.+ Haseo in Rebirth; he has files for Twin Blade, Edge Punisher and Flick Reaper. Technically you're using a potential Reaper from the start until after the Job Extension Quest.
Satoh wrote:In order to truly get a handle on the differences, why not try loading up Matsu in rebirth and seeing if he can wield broadswords?
He can. That's how I used him for his broadsword in my attack skills demo, as at the time, I couldn't create generics.
Satoh wrote:Personally I think Rebirth and Redemption are from completely different developmental stages...Rebirth was released before they had truly finished the engine to the point they wanted it.
Glorified demo is my term for it, both in terms of the gameplay and how it's built (in fact, the latter justifies my use of the term).
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

Master ZED wrote:
Satoh wrote:It's likely and possibly already proven that the engine was modified for Reminisce and Redemption.
A quick comparison of the three games in Hackstract would be enough to tell you that. :P
Satoh wrote:Flickers weren't implemented in Rebirth as I recall. In fact you never even see one aside from Zelkova... At leas as far as I recall...
1st form Haseo is really G.U.+ Haseo in Rebirth; he has files for Twin Blade, Edge Punisher and Flick Reaper. Technically you're using a potential Reaper from the start until after the Job Extension Quest.
Satoh wrote:In order to truly get a handle on the differences, why not try loading up Matsu in rebirth and seeing if he can wield broadswords?
He can. That's how I used him for his broadsword in my attack skills demo, as at the time, I couldn't create generics.
Satoh wrote:Personally I think Rebirth and Redemption are from completely different developmental stages...Rebirth was released before they had truly finished the engine to the point they wanted it.
Glorified demo is my term for it, both in terms of the gameplay and how it's built (in fact, the latter justifies my use of the term).

All duly noted and in fact I did notice that when I checked out the Rebirth disc directly after posting...

As for Matsu, could he equip broadswords or was he just able to use them simply because Rebirth was Rebirth?
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

Satoh wrote:As for Matsu, could he equip broadswords or was he just able to use them simply because Rebirth was Rebirth?
I'm not entirely certain where the Art files are kept in Rebirth, if they're stored outside the original battle files (I've always suspected they're in those files). Matsu has to work properly like other characters, however, since he does use his broadsword in actual combat.
jvkdsh

Post by jvkdsh »

okay after prying open the jap remniscence i found something weird
Apparently the two shots i found of the characters which are not haseo were in japanese in remniscence so what puzzles me is why they translated something that's not even physically in the game?
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

Pretty sure those are used in news feeds...

Also, that screen, if you're not already aware, is just the placeholder for Breg Epona's image... hence why it says Buregu-Epona in katakana...
hidora

Post by hidora »

I was looking through some of my old posts, and found this:
hidora wrote:Using the same program, I found this very interesting image:

Now, what the hell is an Arara Azul (or whatever you call it outside Brazil) is doing there at the top right corner?
That's strange... e_e'
No one answered to that question at the time, so... what the hell's that thing doing there?
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

It looks like he was planned to have a hat and a parrot on his shoulder like many a stereotyped pirate.
Uberlisten

Post by Uberlisten »

@ the online thing

Maybe at some point it was actually intended for online use?

Idk, but if that's the case that would be awesome :^D
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Uberlisten wrote:@ the online thing

Maybe at some point it was actually intended for online use?

Idk, but if that's the case that would be awesome :^D
Freaking low chance about it, considering that there's no other information regarding online gameplay in ALL the G.U. files, and if they had any intention of online gaming, enough to take it to developing an "Online" image, then you should be able to find ALOT MORE information than just a little icon, especially in the Rebirth text files which contain quite the amount of secrets we never saw in the game (Arena...TT^TT)...but, there's nothing about it D:

I still think that such Online image was a "Beta" icon-thing to be displayed in the Member Addresses section, which would either be blank or say "On Line" depending of the player's status. It's been so long since i played so i don't remember well...but i think that instead of using such image, they used simple "Online/Offline" text messages, and grayed out the names of those Offline.
Integra

Post by Integra »

Besides, the thought of online play in G.U. is a little bit of a stretch no?
hidora

Post by hidora »

TheSorrow wrote:I still think that such Online image was a "Beta" icon-thing to be displayed in the Member Addresses section, which would either be blank or say "On Line" depending of the player's status. It's been so long since i played so i don't remember well...but i think that instead of using such image, they used simple "Online/Offline" text messages, and grayed out the names of those Offline.
Been ages since I last played too, but IIRC the icons used show either Online, Offline or Busy '-'

Also, I think that "On-line" image was supposed to appear instead of the "Live" thing on the Arena ._.