What is your Favorite Marriage Clip?

TheSupremeKing

Re: What is your Favorite Marriage Clip?

Post by TheSupremeKing »

xD Endrance is the right Girl for Haseo XD I'm sure :D Lol xD Rofl.
Ganheim

Post by Ganheim »

To the greater topic, I actually found most of the marriage/friendship events to be extremely funny. It was a little annoying to have to grind through BBQ Plate areas to get affections up high enough, but Piros was one of the funniest (I cheered between uproarous laughter when Haseo pulled his guns).
GyppyGirl2021 wrote:And you really have to observe Atoli and Haseo to get what I'm referring to, not just their marriage ending :P
You mean like the "I can't take my eyes off Sakaki" (...again) in Volume 3, after there's been plenty of time for her to realize he's a manipulative jerk? She's a nice girl, but she's also very...what's the phrase...high maintenance? I know she isn't mean or anything, but a core element of her psyche is that everything in the world is about her (the AIDA server, Alkaid...even her "I have to fit in/be approved by everyone" is the whole reason she has Innes). I don't like that, and however much growing up she does she never seems to move away from that very inward-directed personality.

That aspect of her just seemed too much like Shino (who was obsessed over Ovan). Sorry, but I'd put Pi and Alkaid ahead because they have a level of independence that many of the other characters lack - though I also admit that I like characters who have spunk, and that definitely applies to those two.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Atoli may be self-centered, but remember that Haseo liked Shino, who was possibly even more self-centered than Atoli - I sincerely doubt he minds that.

Plus, out of all the character relationships in the game, Haseo and Atoli had the most development.
TheSupremeKing

Post by TheSupremeKing »

I know Just now who's Haseo's Girl... It's his Old hag >_____________> xDDDDDDDDDDDDd Pi!
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...I'm sorry, but I just can not see Pi and Haseo together XD

*would rather pair Haseo with Kaede... then again I like weird stuff like that*
TheSupremeKing

Post by TheSupremeKing »

I didn't see the end of Kaede Marriage. I'm not sure? By the way What about Tabby? His cat xD
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Personally think Tabby should be with Seisaku, but eh XD

Well, reason I say it's "weird" is because Kaede is 11 years older than Haseo. XD
Ganheim

Post by Ganheim »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Atoli may be self-centered, but remember that Haseo liked Shino, who was possibly even more self-centered than Atoli - I sincerely doubt he minds that.

Plus, out of all the character relationships in the game, Haseo and Atoli had the most development.
That's true, but as you wrote in the thread speculating on his third form, Haseo (and Atoli) are "teh main crackter"(s). It would be kind of dumb for the writers to have not developed their relationship more than the more secondary characters.
GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Personally think Tabby should be with Seisaku, but eh. Reason I say it's "weird" is because Kaede is 11 years older than Haseo.
A little unusual, but not outside socially acceptable norms of Japanese (or many other) cultures. She's no farther out than Pi, though they seemed to stop developing the Haseo/Pi relation at Volume 1 (besides the "You're never nice to me."
"I thought you didn't like being treated 'nicely'."
"Heh. You do understand." in Volume 2. Or 3 if I'm misremembering).

A little more to the thread topic in general, was anybody surprised by some of the options/outcomes? Like Saku (whom I expected to have a friendship event like Natsume)? That just didn't seem to fit to me.  You know, for one thing, that whole she DOESN'T REALLY EXIST

As for Kaede, I thought she was pretty cute, her little "oh, you gave me something expensive!" gesture was probably the one that made me chuckle the most (the fact that she's a combo-fav also helped guarantee she's in my party more frequently than most possibles).

If we're going to bring up Tabby, I have to admit she was my favourite character out of Roots. Besides being the only character who actually had the courage to come out and say "I love you, Haseo" (or something like that. "Haseo wo daisuki" is pretty much the equivalent), besides all the work she did to help him (which ended up inspiring the Medic Union) went leagues beyond what Atoli or anybody else did. Still, that gets into opinions and in a sense that's what I like about Redemption: you can save before sending the card and make whichever one you want your own personal "canon".
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Well, reason I say it's "weird" is because Kaede is 11 years older than Haseo. XD
My ex was 16 years older than me. When I was 16 *shifty eyes*

In all seriousness thoigh, Kaede with Haseo is at least cuter than some of the other possibilities, not to mention I really like her sprite. I just wish her attack animations were faster! (I've hacked her into Haseo's spot to play as her... she is easily the slowest Brandier and that makes me sad. Endrance is the best brandier out of the ones I've tried (did not try Antares) followed by Silabus/Bordeaux/ Generic brandiers and finally Kaede.)

But enough about how I secretly stalk Kaede, because I have this bad habit of getting off topic....
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...Pretty sure Antares has the same animations as Silabus XD

Well, yeah, the age difference isn't so much of a problem for me anymore (especially since I support Kuhn/Atoli *shifty eyes*). XD
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

Like I said once, as soon as you're an adult, age doesn't matter unless you want to sleep with a teenager in which case you go to jail :lol:
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Boy am I glad this series isn't real then :lol:
TheSupremeKing

Post by TheSupremeKing »

Lol. Imagine that I am Haseo.

My life will be so Awesome.

I'm weak In real life D= Anyway Haseo got different Forms with different Things.

A-> First Form He's So lame and painful his words may kills the Heart >_>

B-> Second Form As hell like the First But He can feel by others.

C-> Thinks of no one. Just power. After then He've Changed.

D-> THE CLEANEST AND LOVELY Form.

Am I right?
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...Uh, pretty sure that 3rd form isn't all about power once he gets it again XD
Ganheim

Post by Ganheim »

Ranylyn wrote:Like I said once, as soon as you're an adult, age doesn't matter unless you want to sleep with a teenager in which case you go to jail :lol:
Ha ha. Still, if I remember correctly he's almost 18. I just forget what the general age of consent is in Japan (whether it's 16, which would mean no real problem, 18 which would mean his girlfriend would only need to wait a couple months, or 20, though I think that's just for drinking, driving, and voting).

Though - regarding his 3rd form - it's almost funny how sedate he is when he regains it. Though he does explain that he's "stronger now than back in my PKK days", with pretty clear references his friends...or that he's now smart enough to go around with a party. It's a lot harder to get Game Over when there's three people on the team with Rip Maen.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Yeah, it was really about the time that he got his third form for the second time that I really started loving him.
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

I think it's like 14, TBH. I mean, I have a friend who showed me a line of sex toys based off a 15 year old character from a game, so yeah >_<
Ganheim wrote:It's a lot harder to get Game Over when there's three people on the team with Rip Maen.
More like "Gives the enemy more people to target making it a little less annoying for Haseo" :lol:
TheSupremeKing

Post by TheSupremeKing »

I will make some Fake Merriages Like Grein and PK Red Girl (( Her name is too long and Don't know the Spelling. )) And things just like that.

Who have suggestions? xD
Ganheim

Post by Ganheim »

Ranylyn wrote:I think it's like 14, TBH. I mean, I have a friend who showed me a line of sex toys based off a 15 year old character from a game
I thought it was closer to 16, but then again it's not exactly a common topic of conversation. Getting that young is something I try not to think about, even if it is legal over most of the world.
Ranylyn wrote:
Ganheim wrote:It's a lot harder to get Game Over when there's three people on the team with Rip Maen.
More like "Gives the enemy more people to target making it a little less annoying for Haseo"
Well...yeah. Same thing:-P
Heck, I didn't even use a single skill last time I fought my Doppelganger, now that I've finally upgraded everybody's armor and levels. I just sit back with DG-Y for skill charge and spam Pure Icon or Icon of Purity (the two infinite-use ones that raise HP and SP). Now I just need to find an easier way to mass-harvest Virus Cores (and no, cheating is not an option) so I can waltz around the Forest of Pain with a near-invulnerable party.
TheSupremeKing wrote:I will make some Fake Marriages. Who has suggestions?
I can't imagine anything more ridiculous than Immortal Goriaki (or whoever that gorilla-like "tell me what strength is" guy was).

Since we're wandering from the original thread topic anyway, what about the more disappointing marriage endings? I thought all three of the Azure Knights were boring, though it would've been funny if you saw "system reformatted" at the end of Kite's after a properly bellowed "Data Drain!" Alas, the VA sounded like he was falling asleep in the recording booth. Reminded me of the voice acting in Shin Sangokumusou.
Elysian

Post by Elysian »

I don't know if disappointing is the right word, but there were a few marriage clips that seemed off to me. Bordeaux's, for example. Sure, she looked cute in the dress, but she spent most of her screen time making Haseo's life hell, so why in the world would he choose her over all his other options? Kaede's seemed a little out of the blue as well. She's a nice character, but her interactions with Haseo were fairly limited. I doubt they had enough time to develop a real romance.

My favourite pairing is Haseo/Endrance, so I guess I should say that's my favourite marriage too. I'm in two minds about it, though. I mean, it's good that the developers even bothered creating a same-sex marriage scene...but I still feel like Endrance got short-changed slightly, at least compared to some of the others. I would've liked to see more reciprocation from Haseo in those final images (well, once he got over the 'WTF Endrance is dressed like a bride' stage).