What is your Favorite Marriage Clip?

User avatar
Aru
OVANZILLA
OVANZILLA
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:26 am

Re: What is your Favorite Marriage Clip?

Post by Aru » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:21 am

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:I don't think you have any place in this thread if all you're going to do is spew out a long string of G.U. bashing.

Which is what you seem to do everywhere, but at least reserve it for other sections.
I know I'm late, but LOL! I find this to be kind of funny, especially when this comes from the same girl who comes into various threads where she doesn't belong to tell everyone what she thinks about a pairing she may not like. Not to mention the countless times you insult Alkaid, regardless of how many people in that thread might, you know, actually LIKE her. Team Alkaid all the way, baby.
I also like that your least favorite character just happens to be the girl who is repeatedly shown to be Atoli's rival for Haseo's love. Every single thing you say you hate about Alkaid is just childish and ridiculous, and they were nowhere near convincing or sensible.
Hell, I've seen people who hate Ovan give better reasons for hating him than you have for hating Alkaid, and they usually consist of "OMG HOW DARE HE KILL SHINO RAARRGGGH".


Anyway, since I feel the need to put my "two cents" in wherever I can, everything Ganheim has said are the same things I use when trying to describe why Atoli is one of my very least favorite characters. She is constantly portrayed as strong and independent of others, despite the fact that all of her strength apparently stems from her dependence on Haseo...At least, in my eyes.

Atoli had many outlets to heal her pain, but completely ignores them. She has MANY PEOPLE to go to, thus making her nowhere near "alone", as many people like to shove in my face whenever I say she's over dramatic when saying how no one likes her or sees her for who she is.
Did we all forget that Sakaki was a kind and generous person before being infected with AIDA? How he saved her from killing herself and always guided her and brought her to The World where she found peace? OH YEAH OF COURSE WE DID since Sakaki was apparently an insane tyrant beforehand? Yeahok I have no idea where this ever happened, but fine.

OH BTW did we forget that Moon Tree is one of the biggest guilds, and that many of the members have expressed their love for this girl? That she probably had many friends, or COULD have had them?

So what makes Haseo any different? Why ignore all of these people and turn to Haseo?
I honestly believe that Atoli's love for Haseo only comes from the joy she herself gets. If she can make someone who apparently looks as "painful" as Haseo does happy, or at least less bitter, then such a thing can do wonders to her self esteem. It can also make her feel wanted and useful. Funny how that seems to be what she's always whining about.


Anyway, to argue that one relationship is better than the other in this series is pointless.
All it comes down to is the players and the "shippers" being able to accept these flaws and love the characters, as well as the relationship between them, for who they are. Insulting one character to feel better about one you support isn't going to help you any. It just makes you look negative. Hell, even I can say some nice things about Atoli...I mean, if you ignore the fact that the only time I don't dislike her tremendously is during the events of G.U.+ >w>;;

User avatar
GyppyGirl2021
Posts: 1833
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:29 pm
Location: Tinnsia, Celestia

Re: What is your Favorite Marriage Clip?

Post by GyppyGirl2021 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:39 pm

...My dislike for Alkaid is wholly the result of her character development in Volume 2. That is all I am going to say.

User avatar
Aru
OVANZILLA
OVANZILLA
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:26 am

Re: What is your Favorite Marriage Clip?

Post by Aru » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:42 pm

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:...My dislike for Alkaid is wholly the result of her character development in Volume 2. That is all I am going to say.
I realize this, but I don't see how she makes such a dramatic and terrible change that's capable of causing someone to do a complete 180.

In fact, Alkaid was a worse character in vol. 1 due to her not really having any personality besides the whole "OMG MUST BE WINRAR AT ARENAAAA!!111!1 HASEO SUUUUCCKKSSS rage rage". I never liked her until Vol. 2 came out. Then I fell in love with her and claimed her as my waifu.

But I guess being a power hungry dickweed on her period is better than wanting to accomplish things and befriend others??

User avatar
GyppyGirl2021
Posts: 1833
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:29 pm
Location: Tinnsia, Celestia

Re: What is your Favorite Marriage Clip?

Post by GyppyGirl2021 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:55 pm

You don't just suddenly go from being a total **** to a nice gal. That's not how anime works.

User avatar
Aru
OVANZILLA
OVANZILLA
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:26 am

Re: What is your Favorite Marriage Clip?

Post by Aru » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:55 pm

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:You don't just suddenly go from being a total **** to a nice gal. That's not how anime works.
Uh? Yes it does?
God what the hell? Were you even playing the same game as I was what's wrong with you.

Alkaid's a **** because she sees Haseo as a good-for-nothing cheater who got the things Alkaid did, but with no effort. Alkaid worked hard for what she accomplished, SO YEAH she's going to be pissed. Obviously. Typical reaction, especially of those who have lost at the hands of a cheater.
Imagine you paint something for an art show, enter it hoping it will win, only to find out that you lost to someone who printed a picture out from deviantART. I'm sure you can understand a scenario as simple as this.

HOWEVER, later on in the series, there's a scene where Alkaid sees that Haseo really WASN'T a cheater, is fighting his own battle, and is constantly striving to achieve his goals. Upon seeing this, Alkaid realizes that Haseo is a lot like her, thus her trusting and opening up to him.
Going back to our previous little anecdote: you find out that that they were the original artist of the winning piece, but had printed it out to place it in the art show to win the prize money to help pay for the vet bills to care for their sick pet.
Obviously not the best anecdote, but does this make any more sense?
Do you see what I'm saying?
Do you see that PEOPLE'S OPINIONS OF OTHERS ARE CAPABLE OF CHANGING RATHER QUICKLY?

It's not rocket science. Alkaid sees a person who is doing what they can to do what they need to do, and she sees them putting their heart and soul into it. She can relate to this; she can feel for this.
She's not as brain dead as you would like her to be. These things don't take forever to click in any normal person's mind.

In her heart, she wants to see the best of everyone. Are you going to tell me there's something wrong with that? I would sure hope not, seeing as how that would be quite hypocritical coming from a fan of a girl who tagged along with an asshole who would constantly belittle and insult her ideals for such a long period of time.

You're not proving yourself to be any less of a pissed off fangirl with a boner for Atoli that's a bit too hard. In fact, you're just proving my point.

User avatar
Ganheim
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 1:39 pm
Contact:

Re: What is your Favorite Marriage Clip?

Post by Ganheim » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:45 pm

Aru wrote:You're not proving yourself to be any less of a pissed off fangirl
Be wary when you point a finger at someone else, because three fingers point back at you.

I've PMed GyppyGirl about her "Alkaid hatred" and she has been mature enough to acknowledge that there were points on both sides and that her preference for Atoli is her personal opinion that she's entitled to, and that others aren't required to hold that same opinion. She also removed the pointless Alkaid attack in her signature and wasn't as hostile in subsequent thread postings. You need to have that same maturity whether you champion Atoli or Alkaid: both of them have canon support for a potential pairing with Haseo, and neither are given a canon definite decision, which leaves things up to what each audience member wants to believe.

I personally think that Atoli's options for character growth are greater if she steps away from Haseo and becomes a stronger person on her own, but I'm not going to attack people who think that she and Haseo "make a cute couple". In this I disagree with AuraTwilight who in this thread pretty much stated that she had no reason to exist if not to be paired with Haseo. I think that her character struggle to become a more perceptive, open, independent girl is a lot more important than being a hair clip for Haseo. However, this is diverging from the thread topic which is supposed to be about the various optional marriage endings. Satoh created a thread specifically for discussion on the girls and possible relationships with Haseo.

User avatar
Aru
OVANZILLA
OVANZILLA
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:26 am

Re: What is your Favorite Marriage Clip?

Post by Aru » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:27 am

Ganheim wrote:You need to have that same maturity whether you champion Atoli or Alkaid: both of them have canon support for a potential pairing with Haseo, and neither are given a canon definite decision, which leaves things up to what each audience member wants to believe.
LOL! The reason I hate Atoli has no effect on why I love and defend Alkaid. Did you see my first post at all? I dislike Atoli for many reasons, yet I'm still able to praise her in some aspects; however, I don't hate her because she's in Alkaid's way. I can't even THINK of anywhere where I've made this apparent. In fact, if I'm going to hate Atoli for being in anyone's way, it's going to be Ovan's, and LOL I don't remember saying anything about that. Do you? Because I seriously don't.
I can't even imagine saying something so stupid because the relationships in this series are so vague that I can find proof for just about anyone...Actually, I think I've even said something to that effect, but you probably just ignored that as well.

Just because I'm defensive for Alkaid doesn't mean I'm doing so because GyppyGirl likes Atoli and the HaseAto pairing. Hell, I probably would have stuck up for any character had they been attacked the way Gyppy was constantly attacking them; especially if that person was giving the same horrible excuses for their childish resentment as Gyppy here.

Can someone please explain THOROUGHLY to me how Alkaid proving to be a decent character is enough for someone to hate them? Because I obviously don't understand, and GyppyGirl obviously did not do enough for me in terms of explanation.

Anyway, if you're going to tell me to read moar, then I suggest you do the same.
Ganheim wrote:but I'm not going to attack people who think that she and Haseo "make a cute couple".
Please explain to me where you even get such a ridiculous accusation.
What, because I feel that's exactly why GyppyGirl is attacking Alkaid? Despite everything I said about both characters?
I can't even find a way to answer this than "shut up you understand nothing", because you really don't...which is astounding, seeing as how I gave as much evidence as I possibly could that shows I'm merely tired of people who pull the very same BS you're accusing me of.
Ganheim wrote: In this I disagree with AuraTwilight who in this thread pretty much stated that she had no reason to exist if not to be paired with Haseo.
Yeah, and they also said that's not what they meant.
I think you have a problem of only reading a post or two, and then flying off the handle without furthering your reading.

As for the other thread that person had created, no one posted anything that caused me to react such as the posts in this one. My opinions on Atoli were obviously(well, I guess obviously NOT, according to your reaction) separate from my opinion on GyppyGirl's method of handling things. I merely only posted that bit about Atoli because I was inspired by your post, and felt the need to explain further why she's not as strong as everyone likes to show her out to be, nor is she as dependent or lonely and could have definitely been written better.

User avatar
MADARAME
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:00 am
Location: between tall trees

Re: What is your Favorite Marriage Clip?

Post by MADARAME » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:38 am

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:You don't just suddenly go from being a total **** to a nice gal. That's not how anime works.
Do you even read what you type? or do you just let your fingers flow over the keyboard carelessly?

**** ----> NICE GAL = TSUNDERE
TSUNDERE = A BIG PART OF THE ANIME WORLD

WHY?

because it's moe and gives otaku big boners in which they use as their brain to buy more games.

User avatar
Aru
OVANZILLA
OVANZILLA
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:26 am

Re: What is your Favorite Marriage Clip?

Post by Aru » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:41 am

MADARAME wrote:it's moe and gives otaku big boners in which they use as their brain to buy more games.
HITLER WAS MOE.

No I keed.

User avatar
MADARAME
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:00 am
Location: between tall trees

Re: What is your Favorite Marriage Clip?

Post by MADARAME » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:33 pm

Aru wrote:
MADARAME wrote:it's moe and gives otaku big boners in which they use as their brain to buy more games.
HITLER WAS MOE.

No I keed.
LMFAO AND LOOK WHAT WE GET
HITLER RIDING A SLED OVER THE RAINBOW



TITS OR GTFO PLZ

User avatar
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin
Posts: 6587
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:47 pm
Location: The Edge of Madness
Contact:

Re: What is your Favorite Marriage Clip?

Post by TheSorrow » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:09 pm

Alright, this has gone WAY TOO FAR from the original topic, and if rambling and even attacking about disliking characters or pairings wasn't enough, a moe Hitler over the rainbow couldn't be described as anything but spam (and freaking bizarre).

Not only that, but merely the first post Aru made broke the rules in the first place, by posting a reply in a topic without activeness for 5 months so far. And as stated by the Message Board Rules:
No reviving dead threads (4 months of inactivity or more)
Yeah, you knew you were late, but that didn't stop you from going ahead and rambling your thoughts and opinions all on a long-over discussion, regardless if it was even related to the original topic or not. If a certain post "inspired" you to talk and share all you wish about what you think on certain characters (or even certain members), you're free to make a whole new topic about it, search for a current active topic to properly express your feelings about it (in case there's one), or even message the people that inspired you to bring up such comments. You're also free to make a new Favorite Marriage Clip topic if you still wish to talk about your favorite marriage scene, in case anyone did want to talk about that before this topic went so "corrupted".

Closing this now before Hitler actually decides to show tsundere tits or whatever.

Locked