What is your Favorite Job? This Week :P

Advent_Winter

Re: What is your Favorite Job? This Week :P

Post by Advent_Winter »

Ranylyn wrote:Haseo is the only twinblade that gets the 7 hit increase, from what I can tell. Granted, I've never played as Natsume/ Kite for longer than testing purposes, and playing as Alkaid was actually just masking her sprite over Sophora so she'd work properly. Point being, it was indeed MEANT to apply to everyone the way the email was written, but they only applied the change to Haseo in the game.
Azure Kite is able to perform the 7-hit combo in Redemption, as well as Natsume, both as A.I.'s and as players if you character mod.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Is it possible to guard cancel with blades?
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Is it possible to guard cancel with blades?
Twin Blades? Yes. Shortly after the 6th strike.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

No, I mean blade swords. You can guard cancel with twin blades on the first strike. (It's less efficient if you're not quick, but it's still possible.)
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Oh. Wait. Why GC after the first strike? Wouldn't that method be a bit costly, because of how slow you would be attacking compared to the previous method I mentioned?

And Bladesword GC is possible.
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

You can, guard cancel with blades, yes, but the first strike is still relatively slow. I`m talking 2 Broadsword guard cancel hits per blade guard cancel hit. It`s kind of better to hit twice and GC, persionally

And interesting, I never noticed that, Advent! I`ll be sure to modify my Sophora code to Natsume instead! (I forget why I picked Alkaid... probably less math involved....)
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Advent_Winter wrote:Oh. Wait. Why GC after the first strike? Wouldn't that method be a bit costly, because of how slow you would be attacking compared to the previous method I mentioned?
It's more useful against certain monsters such as Angelic Gores and the like, because they attack relatively quickly with an attack that will send you flying if you don't guard, and won't flinch from your attacks.

Besides, as I said, if you're quick, the detriment will be minimal.
TheSupremeKing

Post by TheSupremeKing »

Guys.. About the Twin Blade 7 Hits. EVERY Twin Blade can hit 7 hits. Not just Haseo. Even Natsume/Alkaid/Azure Kite can.

Because in Vol 2 A Mail Recived in the beginning of the Story says...

The New Update of R2 Witch it contains the Twin Blade Can hit 7 Hits.

Also one of them Including is While Chargin a Broad Sword attack it'll be 3 Charges Also before charging you MUST attack first.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

You haven't been paying much attention, have you? In Volume 2, when Alkaid joins, Haseo can do 7 hits with his dual swords, but Alkaid can't.
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

Right. Alkaid still can't 7 hit, and neither can the generic twinblades.

I should know, I've used codes to play as both >_<
TheSupremeKing

Post by TheSupremeKing »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:You haven't been paying much attention, have you? In Volume 2, when Alkaid joins, Haseo can do 7 hits with his dual swords, but Alkaid can't.
I guess wasn't Paying Attention But She can bring Rangeki fast xDDDDDD Lol xD! But I'm sure D=
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I noticed it when I added her to my party in Volume 2. I was wondering why she seemed to be attacking so much slower than Haseo... this explains everything, actually, they "updated" Azure Kite and Natsume and Haseo, but not Alkaid. XD
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I'd post videos of how brutal it is if I had a way to record videos besides my cell phone, which costs money to send (videos, I mean. I can send photos fine) to my email.
Don't you have a USB cable or something? You could then transfer your videos and whatever else from your cellphone to your computer, as simple as transferring file from a USB drive to a computer. The quality wouldn't be too great...but well, that's because cellphones aren't meant to record gameplay D:
TheSupremeKing

Post by TheSupremeKing »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:this explains everything, actually, they "updated" Azure Kite and Natsume and Haseo, but not Alkaid. XD
Rofl Lol!!!!

What I noticed about Steam Gunner is when you do skil/Skill Trigger the player freezes a little like 5/10 secs.

NOTE: Even the Party do that not because you're.

And I really want to record My Game play but I'll only able to Record through my mobile I hope you like them [ My Phone now actually broken. ]
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

TheSorrow wrote:
I'd post videos of how brutal it is if I had a way to record videos besides my cell phone, which costs money to send (videos, I mean. I can send photos fine) to my email.
Don't you have a USB cable or something? You could then transfer your videos and whatever else from your cellphone to your computer, as simple as transferring file from a USB drive to a computer. The quality wouldn't be too great...but well, that's because cellphones aren't meant to record gameplay D:
Sadly, that's not how my phone works. Or my previous phone which I still have for some reason.

Previous Phone: Had a Mini USB Port, but it was for charging. Could not access files.
New Phone: I can use an SD card to play music on it but not to extract data. Charger port is unique (closer to a Nintendo DS port)

Point being, my best bet is to borrow my sister's (or father's) digital camera.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Previous Phone: Had a Mini USB Port, but it was for charging. Could not access files.
New Phone: I can use an SD card to play music on it but not to extract data. Charger port is unique (closer to a Nintendo DS port)
Uh...You CAN use the mini USB port to access and manage files, after all, ANY USB port allows to both charge power, and access to files. My cellphone can be charged through the USB port, but you can also connect it to a computer through it, and access and manage files on the cellphone, extracting pics and videos and whatever you might want.

And the same applies for the SD card...it is, after all, just another storage device. As long as you use that SD card to save your pictures/videos, you can take it out, insert it into a computer that has the corresponding SD slot, and you'll be able to see your files there. I've never used a SD card myself, but i've seen people (my friends) who have done so.
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

TheSorrow wrote:
Uh...You CAN use the mini USB port to access and manage files, after all, ANY USB port allows to both charge power, and access to files. My cellphone can be charged through the USB port, but you can also connect it to a computer through it, and access and manage files on the cellphone, extracting pics and videos and whatever you might want.

And the same applies for the SD card...it is, after all, just another storage device. As long as you use that SD card to save your pictures/videos, you can take it out, insert it into a computer that has the corresponding SD slot, and you'll be able to see your files there. I've never used a SD card myself, but i've seen people (my friends) who have done so.
No, actually. Trust me, I've tried a thousand times. When I plug it into my computer my computer refuses to access it without installing a nonexistant driver, so I get nowhere. As for the SD card, I cannot save things onto the card from the phone.

Basically, Phone companies are getting smarter and they want to charge you for things so they force you to send it to yourself. Sucks, I know.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Ranylyn wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:

No, actually. Trust me, I've tried a thousand times. When I plug it into my computer my computer refuses to access it without installing a nonexistant driver, so I get nowhere. As for the SD card, I cannot save things onto the card from the phone.

Basically, Phone companies are getting smarter and they want to charge you for things so they force you to send it to yourself. Sucks, I know.
Then you just have to hack them >3> The problem with your USB thing can merely be fixed by using something else other than Windows, or forcefully access the drive as if it was a USB one.....i don't really need to do that though, as my cellphone has the option to let the computer access to it as another USB drive, but i could've forced the access if i had to. The SD problem is different though...but still able to be bypassed ~3~
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

The only thing Blades have going for them really is their Rengeki ability, which unfortunately is exactly the same as an Edge Punisher's. With GC'ing, Brandiers are inferior in all respects to Punishers that I can think of, aside maybe from having more M-DEF... but Magic Defense does VERY little good in this game, sadly, making heavy armor the best armor you can get no matter what since that "heavy" part doesn't exactly hinder speed at all.

I'm sure every weapon can GC, though *what* they can GC out of may depend on the volume. For example, Edge Punishers can only GC out of their regular attacks in Rebirth, but they can GC out of any other non-Art starting in Reminisce, which is one of the reasons why broadswords start completely dominating blades.

As for upgraded Twin Blades, Sophora also had the upgrade in Reminisce, but dammit all if I can ever remember whether Negimaru got it. Half the time I forget he and Grein aren't generics. :P
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

And in that regard, in a normal, non-cheated file (i.e. mine), there's no way to get a second Edge Punisher besides Haseo, so I'm stuck with Blade Brandiers. :P

(Really, even if I had a second Edge Punisher like Matsu I'd probably still prefer to use Silabus just because he's awesome <_< Besides, AI either doesn't know how to guard cancel or specifically avoids it (judging from my observations, it's the latter), so it's a moot point anyhow >_> )