strongest weapon?

Silverflame97

strongest weapon?

Post by Silverflame97 »

hmmm, I'm thinking what's the most strongest weapon in .hack//g.u.

Twin Blades:Empty Skies or Heine's Invasion?
Broadsword:Deadly Fearblade, Silad or Heine's Shadow?
Scythe:Shadowy Death, Godess Scythe or Heine's Zero?
DG:DG-Y, DG-Z or DG-0?

Hmmmm, I don't know!!?? :?
_Tri-edge_

Re: strongest weapon?

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Silverflame97 wrote:Twin Blades:Empty Skies or Heine's Invasion?
Pffft. NO. :lol: Nezumi and Drake are the strongest when fully customized by cheats to me.
Silverflame97 wrote:Broadsword:Deadly Fearblade, Silad or Heine's Shadow?
Deadly Fearblade is the strongest level wise.
Silverflame97 wrote:Scythe:Shadowy Death, Godess Scythe or Heine's Zero?
Eh. Scythe Dakini and Scythe Hidaru are the strongest that I've used when fully customized by cheat codes.
Silverflame97 wrote:DG:DG-Y, DG-Z or DG-0?
DG-Z. Lowers enemy's HP by 90% on a critical hit. Preferably, the strongest, and cheapest, weapon in the entire game.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Twin Blades:Empty Skies or Heine's Invasion?
They both suck.
As Tri-Edge said, Spin Nezumi and Spin Drake are the strongest twin blades in the game, when fully alchemized to +5, and customized with the best possible items (Nil items, Sabertooth Tooth, Ginseng or Gurah Fist). Since they are non-Rarity 5 weapons, you can alchemize them without cheat codes, simply by having 6 Spin Drakes or 6 Spin Nezumis (or the long way...having 1 of them and 5 other Spin weapons alchemized to +5 already).
Broadsword:Deadly Fearblade, Silad or Heine's Shadow?
Silad is the strongest. Deadly Fearblade MIGHT be the one with the highest level, but its effects sucks badly. And by Redemption, Heine's Shadow is crap. And of course, Broad Dowan and Broad White alchemized and customized just like above are also the strongest Broadswords.
Scythe:Shadowy Death, Godess Scythe or Heine's Zero?
They're all the worst scythes you can ever equip to Haseo.
Scythe Hidaru, and any other non-Rarity 5 weapons Haseo can use of a higher level than Hidaru are the strongest scythes, making Scythe Dakini the strongest one overall. But well, Hidaru is the best looking IMO, so it's worth sacrifing a few attack points just for looks....and Hidaru is still way stronger than any of the weapons you mentioned anyhow.
DG:DG-Y, DG-Z or DG-0?
DG-Y: Allows for unlimited Skill Trigger usage while combined with the Super Charge thing. The best if what you want is to just spam skills all over without ever being touched and only ending the massacre when all enemies have been killed.
DG-Z: Has the "strongest" default attack of all guns, and can pretty much kill enemies with just one critical hit. The best if what you want to do is just shoot all over like crazy.
DG-0: Works only if you have a very low HP, but can inflict the strongest damage out of every other weapon in the entire game. The best if you wish to have the strongest power ever, and have fun with what would be a rapid-fire shotgun that blows brains out.

And to shorten things up:
Rarity 5 weapons are the worst weapons you can have, including Empty Skies and the Doppel weapons (and some Lost Weapons), and if what you want is to really use the strongest weapons, then use the highest-level non-Rarity 5 weapons, alchemize them, and add some of the items i mentioned. You'll soon notice the difference.
hidora

Post by hidora »

Since we're talking about this, I recently started playing again, but I forgot where to get the Spin Drake. Where to get it? (without the trading stuff, cuz my brother sold that Spin Drake =/)
Silverflame97

Post by Silverflame97 »

ThX for the reply _Tri-edge_ and TheSorrow

Now I know it. :lol:
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

hidora wrote:Since we're talking about this, I recently started playing again, but I forgot where to get the Spin Drake. Where to get it? (without the trading stuff, cuz my brother sold that Spin Drake =/)
Well, I found my first Spin Drake from Applestar at Kestrel. Usually, the normal PC's have them in their inventory during the latter half of the game. As far as finding them in battle, or in items/treasure boxes, you might want to ask MasterZED.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Yeah, it's easy to find the high-level common weapons in trades.

As for "strongest" weapon, Spin Drake, Broad White and Scythe Dakini, no doubt. I don't like using *5 Rarity weapons because of the lack of customization and the fact that you have to use cheat codes to alchemize them. My favorite scythe is Scythe Bite from Reminisce though, I dun like Hidaru and Toge <_<

And for dual guns, my preferred tactic in any real-time RPG is "rack up as many hits as possible as quickly as possible", so my choice is obviously DG-Y. Godspeed Bullet + Super Charge = UBER. :lol:

'course, in the realm of other character equipment (which I will go into since I love to rant), I like combining Flame Dancer with Damage Change on Atoli just because it's fun to see enemies not do any damage and still get pounded. XD It's not the best staff in the game though, iirc.

Kuhn's best weapon is Silent Eden for obvious reasons (I'm pretty sure there aren't any normal customizations that give +75% to arts damage, which is a Steam Gunner's strong point), and Blade Jijo for pretty much all the Blade Brandiers (except the Azure Knights, who can't change equipment), although I prefer Hold+Release weapons (with a few exceptions, see above), so I'm more likely to use Blade Seki or Kaede's Sarasvati Katana. XD

As for other classes... well, I don't usually use them, so I don't have particularly strong opinions, but yeah, highest-level normal weapons take precedence over Lost Weapons in virtually all cases (the aforementioned Kuhn being the exception, 'cuz with his, he's undeniably better than Matsu).
Ganheim

Post by Ganheim »

Since this thread focuses on "optimal" or preferred weapons and setups, I figure I'll ask about this: what's everybody's favourites? Not just on Haseo, but for the whole team? What is probably the "best" setup? This is what I'm working on building up, though at the moment I'm grinding the Forest of Pain for Nil Embraces. I figure everybody's already got Super Belt +5 and Holy/Monarch/Comet +5 for armor and accessory, though I'm still not sure what the "best" accessory attachment might be.

Spin Drake +5, customized with Nil Embrace (drain 50% SP), Nil Abduct (drain 50% HP, these two 'absorb' attachments I plan to put on everything once I have enough), Nil Charm
Broad White +5: Nil Strike (+25% critical)
Scythe Dakini +5: Nil Encroach (10% chance to cut target HP to 10%)
Blade Jijo +5: Nil Strike
Fist Hisa +5: Nil Charm
Lance Tower +5: Nil Encroach
Gun Garma +5: Nil Embrace. I even use this setup on Kuhn, since Steam Gunners run out of SP so quickly.
Spell Noble +5: Nil Charm
Magic Cloud +5: Nil Embrace
DG-Y (cheat level 5): dual guns can't be customized, but I like the Godspeed Bullet more than the DG-Z's Death Bullet ability.

Any alternative favs?
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Just DG-Y+5. I just love whoring out the skill trigger with ease.
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

Ganheim wrote:I figure everybody's already got Super Belt +5 and Holy/Monarch/Comet +5 for armor and accessory, though I'm still not sure what the "best" accessory attachment might be.
Whatever boosts your chosen element the most would be the "best" statistically. Seeing as how that usually only affects (elemental) Attack attachments, though, I don't put any real stock in them unless I feel like goofing around.

What I focus on now is 3-slot accessories in general. The game sorts weapons/armors/accessories in the Equipment menu by level, lowest first, highest last. Speed +35%, for example, can appear at the top of a list for quick access by having Gudo and Funbolt Oils on a Mittens, and a rarely needed item like Battle Cosmetics (since Haseo shouldn't be the one to wear this) would likely be strapped to a mid-range accessory like the Star Play. This enforces a sorting order based on the priority of the effects you want to use, the most important ones being at the opposite ends of the list and the least in the middle.

As for what I use, I'll just mention non-Haseo weapons.

Blade Jijo+5: Jet Speed Attack or some combo of Spirit Grasp, Raging Hit and Mourning Bind.
Fist Hisa+5: Whatever I slap on Alkaid works here too.
Lance Tower+5: Some combination of Raging Hits and Spirit Grasps.
Spell Noble+5: All Damage +25%. I suppose Mourning Bind would be great here, but I spam so many guard breaks that it just gets annoying as hell.
Magic Cloud+5: All Damage +25%. Grimoire physicals tend to be worse than staff physicals, so I'd never use a physical attack upgrade. X_X
Fan Jasper+5: Spirit Grasp x2 or Spirit Grasp/Venomous Attack.

I don't use Matsu; Dust Bullet pisses me off, so if I'm going to manually operate a Gunner, I always call Kuhn. For him, I see no reason to switch from Silent Eden, so I have no Steam Gunner preference. I should probably mention that my current favorite Dual Sword for Haseo is Combo Boost/Venomous Attack/Spirit Grasp on a Spin Gorai+5. Venom can really devastate Poison-vulnerable enemies, especially when Twin Blades, Grapplers or Dancers are spamming it nonstop in their combos.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

My favorite combination of customization is paralyze and sleep (armor counters and weapon attacks). I prefer crippling the enemy to dealing a lot of damage, and money is so easy to come by in this game that I don't feel the need to use HP/SP drain customs as much - I can just buy healing items for the most part, except in the Forest of Pain (where I often get most of the healing items I need on my own so it doesn't really matter, plus it's a dungeon so I can do the old less than 50 Chim trick with Atoli and LaPha Repth and waiting for SP to regenerate... Skill Boost accessory is a must in those cases).

And for accessory customization, I usually stick with Skill Trigger recharge boosts and/or stuff that boosts item drop or experience gain rates. Am I the only one who finds Gold Snake Skins and the like completely useless because it's easier to make a lot of money off of item drops? I also never use Demonic Mallet, but that's more because it's hard to combo enemies after they die...

I also can't stand rapid-attack broadswords or dual swords (moreso the spinning type than the pincer type, they're next to impossible to control and I can't buttonmash THAT fast), so I actively seek opportunities to use hold+release ones. Not quite the same with scythes - it can actually be rather entertaining to swap up the two types, IMO. I don't understand my tastes at all...