So, say I wanted to fight a Seal Guardian...

GyppyGirl2021

So, say I wanted to fight a Seal Guardian...

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

You know how upgrading the Lost Weapons to their final stage requires fighting the seal guardian, right? Well, right now Haseo is level 110, and the first Lost Weapon I've gotten to its second-to-last stage is Kuhn's. However, according to the altar's information, the Seal Guardian is level 135. That's a full 25 levels higher than Haseo - and Kuhn is even lower level than him.

I figured it might be possible using a tactic I saw on Youtube, but there are a few problems with this...

-Kuhn's Favorite Action is completely useless in tough boss battles.
-Knowing my luck, the boss would go after Haseo instead of a third party member with a Favorite Action that's good for tough boss battles (Endrance or Atoli).
-I suck at games, so I probably wouldn't be able to pull it off anyhow.
-I don't even remember if Skill Boost affects Demon Awakening or not.
-In spite of all of this, I'm too impatient to just level up to 135 considering the inanely low experience gain in Volume 3.

Anyone want to help me with this? Urk... I just wish that I had the patience to wait, but it's still a virtue I have yet to learn. (Besides, this game is so easy it's nice to have a good challenge every now and then!)
Master ZED

Re: So, say I wanted to fight a Seal Guardian...

Post by Master ZED »

You don't need Demon Awakening. I just used it for the challenge factor. Sorry for not being clearer.

Also, as for who the boss targets, the easiest way to get him to target someone else is to let your party members go after it directly while Haseo runs away. That's not actually hard at all, especially since if you don't have the dexterity to outrun the targeting cursor, his only long range offense is OrLei Zas, which GP Change or Anti-Light armor will consume (though you may end up killing the others if they're in front of the guardian when the cursor catches up).
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Just beat him, here was my outfitting:

Haseo: Crush Indigo+5, Drop Seigen+5, Crush Bite+5, Fortitude Puma (Anti-Paralysis, Anti-Sleep), Appraise Shoulders (Berserk Fortunes on the side, didn't use it)
Kuhn: Silent Jade, Absorb Papa (P. Dmg -10%), Simple Fortunes (didn't change his equipment at all since I wasn't planning on using him in the actual battle)
Atoli: Dancing Haze, Absorb Dress (P. Dmg -25%, P. Dmg 10%... shoot me, I didn't have the money to get anything else thanks to a certain accessory that I will now mention), Berserk Gaiters (with Regain Glasses on the side... I didn't ever use it, though)

Fully stocked up on healing items from Asian Mango to Healing Potion, as well as 50 Revival Medicines. I only ever ended up using the Health Drinks, though (along with two Revival Medicines and three Fairy Drops... it would've been one Revival Medicine if I hadn't decided to revive Kuhn for the first Awakening). Mercilessly abusing Atoli's Favorite Action, I used Beast Awakening at least three times (the second time brought the guardian to a little less than a third HP, but he used Ol Repth). After discovering that my Spin Indigo just weren't doing it, I switched to Scythe Bite and its insanely broken Heavenly Wheel.

Kuhn was pissed, naturally, since I got him killed twice in the battle (didn't bother to revive him after the first time), but Atoli's affection went all the way from yellow to pink. Pretty sweet deal if I do say so myself. XP
Celes

Post by Celes »

good, but there's a recomendation for the next time (lol) you can use somebody else than atoli, because atoli focuses on healing more than attack, and her attack is weak, and for healing you can use the items as you said...
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Celes wrote:good, but there's a recomendation for the next time (lol) you can use somebody else than atoli, because atoli focuses on healing more than attack, and her attack is weak, and for healing you can use the items as you said...
Never underestimate Atoli's attack power. In fact, never underestimate the attack power of any Harvest Cleric :P
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

TheSorrow wrote:
Celes wrote:good, but there's a recomendation for the next time (lol) you can use somebody else than atoli, because atoli focuses on healing more than attack, and her attack is weak, and for healing you can use the items as you said...
Never underestimate Atoli's attack power. In fact, never underestimate the attack power of any Harvest Cleric :P
Agreed. Atoli was a rengeki goddess to me with that staff hitting. That, and TheSorrow's .hack love interest just happens to be a Harvest Cleric. :P
ShiningWish

Post by ShiningWish »

I think I'll try getting the guardians even without being at the appropriate level.

Sometimes, I'd put Atoli on Tenacity so she wouldn't waste SP with silly stuff, but then I'd forget her there...and there she went, killing stuff on her own and chasing the Chickies, who ran for their lives. lol

Atoli's one of the most agressive party members, if you asked me. After seeing Henako and Pokuri , I am amazed by this class.
chernobog

Post by chernobog »

Why not spam status items. The Emperor and The Hangedman are the best for boss fights as one causes "Seal" and the other causes "Paralyze" (Since paralyze allows for a few seconds of action between pauses, the seal will keep him from using skills).

This is how I beat the bosses for the weapons in volume two, and I was pretty under leveled for them too.

If that doesn't work (I never tried to max out those weapons), then I don't know, try to run around the outer circle of the battle area and spam arts, having a material that causes the skill trigger bar to fill up faster in your accessory will help out alot with this, and just use an item to refill your SP when it is low.

I used the second tactic to kill a group of level 146 enemies when I was at level 104 (I was trying to get the area cards for the card game, and I accidentally bounced into an enemy when I hit a bridge post on my bike, I had the cat whiskers (no encounter) material on my accessory to prevent fighting otherwise).
chernobog

Post by chernobog »

chernobog wrote:Why not spam status items. The Emperor and The Hangedman are the best for boss fights as one causes "Seal" and the other causes "Paralyze" (Since paralyze allows for a few seconds of action between pauses, the seal will keep him from using skills).

This is how I beat the bosses for the weapons in volume two, and I was pretty under leveled for them too.

If that doesn't work (I never tried to max out those weapons), then I don't know, try to run around the outer circle of the battle area and spam arts, having a material that causes the skill trigger bar to fill up faster in your accessory will help out alot with this, and just use an item to refill your SP when it is low.

I used the second tactic to kill a group of level 146 enemies when I was at level 104 (I was trying to get the area cards for the card game, and I accidentally bounced into an enemy when I hit a bridge post on my bike, I had the cat whiskers (no encounter) material on my accessory to prevent fighting otherwise).

I just realized how old this thread is lol.