keeping saku *Spoilers*

Devilkid3009

keeping saku *Spoilers*

Post by Devilkid3009 »

ok, i saw in a few guides that you could lose Saku as a playable character, so i would like to know what is the point in it?

from what i noticed there is no difference in Saku or Bo's stats, the only difference i see is the picture in the member address
and there attitude towards haseo, can anyone shine light on this for me thanks ^_^
GyppyGirl2021

Re: keeping saku *Spoilers*

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

It's a storyline thing for people like me who hate Saku, I guess. The thing is, I could never bring myself to get rid of her. I think that in 8 playthroughs, I only got rid of her once...

And according to RETURNER, she stays, so there's really little point in getting rid of her. There aren't any changes brought about by it in the game except for a few minute tweaks to the story.

If you want to know how to get rid of her, she'll send you an email not too long after the Sage Palace tournament. Respond to any of her emails with a "negative" response ("just go ahead and disappear"), and she'll go away.
Devilkid3009

Post by Devilkid3009 »

so she will just stay gone or does she like appear again when you get to netslum??
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

She disappears, feeling unneeded, unwanted, and useless. It's essentially existential suicide, as her consciousness vanishes.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Devilkid3009 wrote:so she will just stay gone or does she like appear again when you get to netslum??
Yeah, she's pretty much gone forever. She was only Bo's split personality so according to her it's not like it matters much (since she was created to protect him and now Haseo takes that role much better than she does).

If you think about it, though, it's kind of wtf because, um, Gorre. Does Gorre still operate normally without Saku? Since we never get to see it in action after Volume 2, there's really no way of telling.
Devilkid3009

Post by Devilkid3009 »

hmm, true i never thought about it but i really don't like losing her, even if she is mean she is bo's sister after all ^_^
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

She's possibly among my least favorite characters in the game, but you get to see a whole new level of depth to her character in Volume 3. I didn't have the heart to get rid of her. XD
Devilkid3009

Post by Devilkid3009 »

same here, i thought i would miss something

the only thing i think would be different is the cutscene in the netslums when your talking to silabus and gaspard
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Yeah, and it's been forever since I last beat Redemption so I don't even remember what happens if you get rid of Saku. (Well, that and I only actually did it once...)

I THINK it just clips out the scene where she pops in...
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote: If you think about it, though, it's kind of wtf because, um, Gorre. Does Gorre still operate normally without Saku? Since we never get to see it in action after Volume 2, there's really no way of telling.
Bahah. I could see Gorre floating around, half of him(seeing as he would be a male now, with the female counter-part gone) would be dead.
I wish there would have been a different storyline for Bo, with Saku gone. I didn't get rid of her either. I just never used her. Or him for that matter.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I actually like Bo, but he never sees a spot in my party on the basis that he's not Atoli, Kuhn or Silabus. :P
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

True.
They gave you several characters...Almost too many I would think.
I just don't have time for offensive mages really.
I use Atoli because she of course is a healer and she can use a decent supply of C grade offensive spells.
My third slot's usually almost always filled with Zelkova. (Love that little guy!)
Tabby's found in it sometimes.
And if I'm feeling adventurous I'll put Shino there.
Double Harvest Cleric!
(Nothing against Shadow Warlocks, I just value high healing over high off/magic.)
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I always wondered what a party with Pi and Tabby would be like... I almost did it but ended up putting in a Cleric (I think it was Atoli) instead of Pi. XD

My problem is that I love Tribal Grapplers, but there are only two playable ones, and for most of the games there's just one...
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

The only love i have for Harvest Clerics is for Henako, and because she's just that awesome, lovely and powerful. Atoli is awesome and i love her but she's not nearly enough in comparison, and i don't like Shino much :(

Anyways, i think something else happens if you lose Saku for the rest of the game...you can't get the message from Aura that contains the marriage card thingy, and so you can't marry with anyone in that game. Not like it really matters that much, and i'm not sure if that's really true or not...i've never tried it myself or heard about anyone who tried it, i only read about it a long time ago but even then it was more like a thought than a fact :/
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I'm pretty sure it's been proven that even if you get rid of Saku, you can still get the Promise Card. You just can't send it to her (obviously). :P
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote: My problem is that I love Tribal Grapplers, but there are only two playable ones, and for most of the games there's just one...
MY problem with Tribal Grapplers is the fact that their physical attack is mediocre, which is ironic, because you all know I use Harvest Clerics non-stop.

That'd be kinda lame if you couldn't receive the promise card because you got rid of Saku. Then how could be people see Endrance in a wedding dress!?
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

It IS a bit of a problem, but at the same time it doesn't really bug me because more often than not I want to deal the LEAST amount of damage possible so I can Rengeki spam. XD (It really does help in Volume 3 when they actually cut the exp gained by a significant amount - thank God for Duster Goblins. Level grinding was fun in the first two, but it just gets repetitive by Redemption.)

I'd be more horrified by the fact that Haseo can no longer marry Atoli. (Because come on, who doesn't love his ridiculous lack of tact!?)
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

I married Atoli, then Shino, the Kaede. (Cougar.)
Then for fun I married Endrance.
Then I "married" Zelkova, which felt strange...I went and took a shower because I felt like a dirty pedo haha. :lol:

Wonder what happens if you marry Saku?
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

You will get to see Saku in a wedding dress. And she will have a very pissed-off look on her face as Haseo pats her on the top of the head. It's almost as funny as Endrance's... for reasons I don't know.

I still find it disturbing that Haseo can marry Kaede in the first place... she's 11 years older than him and already had a kid. (I REALLY shouldn't be talking... Kuhn is part of the Atoli reverse-harem in some of my fics, and that's an 8 year difference.) Of course, I was actually kind of surprised after reading some of the convos that Haseo couldn't marry Zelkova in a similar manner to Endrance - Zelkova sounds positively in love with Haseo, and Haseo would probably consider Zelkova a more attractive candidate for gay marriage than Endrance of all people.

And then there were the Azure Knight endings... listed under "Rape As Comedy" on the TVTropes .hack article.
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

You thought he did too?
Well, Zelkova will admit it in text haha.
I gifted him a World Mirror before heading into The Forest of Pain. (Which brings back sooo mant //ROOTS memories)
And his response was :

"Haseo...I love you!"